Copa America Centenario

AUDub

The guy that scored the equalizer for Colombia just took a knee to the head and had to be stretchered off. He'll live, but it looks serious.

EDIT: What do you know, here he comes.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aaaand CRC back in the lead with a 34th minute own goal by Fabra, who has ironically scored on each end now. :laugh:

Well the worm turned and CRC is actually doing really well an outplaying the Colombians at the moment.

Half. 2-1 CRC. This result holds we win the group and dodge Brazil.

James Rodriguez in for Colombia to start the half. Can CRC hold?

Aguilar for Colombia comes down awkwardly and hyperextended a knee. Up and running though.

Colombia pulls one back. 3-2. 74th minute.

CRC is tired and Colombia is dominating possession. Giving up breakaway opportunities though. CRC almost made it 4-2 in the 76th against the run of play.

94th minute

Almost there.

Ballgame. Costa Rica has done it. We win the group!

That was some damn good soccer tonight.

They're not as bad as we made them look. I feel sort of bad for them (well, not too bad), but at least they got to beat Colombia in Copa America play for the first time in decades.

I took my brother to a sports bar to watch the game ... The pathetic "dives" by Paraguay did not endear him to the sport. When yedlin got booted, the game reeeeaaly got ugly.

Btw ... Zardes and his touch in the final third ... Ouch ... Dude has all kinds of ability and work rate ... But ...

I can't believe we won the group! Not having to play Brazil may get us one more round!

That was a gutsy performance by the guys after an immature tackle by yedlin

I just realized there is a chance that Brazil doesn't advance. The loser of Peru vs Brazil will likely not advance because it would be a shocker if Haiti beats Ecuador giving them 5 points while the loser of the first match would have 4. We will most likely face Ecuador. If Brazil and Peru draw, along with Ecuador winning they would have a 3 way tie. Brazil would advance for sure being +6 in GD.

Ecuador smashed Haiti 4-0. Let's see what Brazil can do against Peru.

Peru gets a goal on a handball. Brazil been getting these calls all tournament and now they get screwed.

^-^

If this holds up, Dunga will be looking for a new job tomorrow.

91st minute still 1-0. Peru in time wasting mode. 6 minutes of stoppage.

96th minute. Brazil sends the house forward.

Down goes El Scratch. They are ousted. Peru wins the group. Welcome to the bread line, Dunga.

Prepare yourselves for screams on the necessity of video replay. As long as they took discussing it, there's no doubt it would have been faster.

Archived