Jf3 vs OMac

bigbird

WarEagle1983, you've accomplished a very rare achievement. I think you've changed my mind on the Internet.

:bow:

PS- I'm totally still pulling for Woody to be amazing, LOL

Haha! I better take record of this then! I think Woody is going to be good as well. Just concerns me with tossing a true Freshman in games even if it's 5,6,7 etc games down the road if we needed him to start but I certainly like Woody a lot.

Yup.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JFIII will be the QB, not Sean White. We do not need a repeat of last year. Jeremy Johnson doesn't need to be in there either. JFIII...JFIII.

People like this drive me crazy...

Unfounded hate for Sean White. It's laughable really... ESPECIALLY when you haven't even seen Franklin take a snap... let alone throw a football.

I hate to break it to you, Franklin ain't even in the same league as Nick Marshall... think about that.

How do you know I haven't seen him taking a snap...?

JFIII...Sep 3...we know who it's gonna be...taking the game winning knee...after putting up 50 points through three...quarters, you agree?

It just takes people listening to me...and temporarily banning the old codger.

I keeeeeeeed...at least the first part.

Really...bless your heart

I see you made it back...great!

I think what Big Bird is referring to is that Omac was clocked at 4.2 and Grant I think at 4.18 at AU, but their combine was slower than their supposed AU time. I can assure you that JF3 won't clock a 4.28 at the combine. Remember coaches recruit folks for their versatility sometimes. With Tyler having surgery and Woody coming in late along with SW's injury last year, I am sure that Gus needed another option available at QB, so why not take someone who "could" play QB but also could play slot or wildcat or even speed back. Not every player is recruited for just one spot. JMHO. WDE

I would say SW should probably start, but we can't let opposing defenses know they can blitz and completely shut us down. How long will it take to get good QB play again?

SW or JF3, we at least get something we didn't have for two-thirds of last season--accuracy or a running ability.

Teams succeed without mobile QBs. In fact it is typically considered the norm. Now, the offense needs to be geared towards whomever we start. This has really been our issue recently. Get receivers running legitimate routes and use a play action appropriately; watch the whole world open up for us. Most importantly, no designated read options or bubble screens without any blockers.

Digressing, this topic is about the comparison of McCalebb and JFIII so I think we can avoid the QB hate in this thread.

If Gus starts White and trys to use the same offense he did last year then :puke:/> .

I have not agreed with much of your post lately, but this I agree with. This one is not personal, it is behavior based.

I think what Big Bird is referring to is that Omac was clocked at 4.2 and Grant I think at 4.18 at AU, but their combine was slower than their supposed AU time.

This is what I have come to believe is the true meaning of "Auburn Fast". J/K.

I think what Big Bird is referring to is that Omac was clocked at 4.2 and Grant I think at 4.18 at AU, but their combine was slower than their supposed AU time.

This is what I have come to believe is the true meaning of "Auburn Fast". J/K.

Now that's pretty funny!

JFIII will be the QB, not Sean White. We do not need a repeat of last year. Jeremy Johnson doesn't need to be in there either. JFIII...JFIII.

People like this drive me crazy...

Unfounded hate for Sean White. It's laughable really... ESPECIALLY when you haven't even seen Franklin take a snap... let alone throw a football.

I hate to break it to you, Franklin ain't even in the same league as Nick Marshall... think about that.

How do you know I haven't seen him taking a snap...?

JFIII...Sep 3...we know who it's gonna be...taking the game winning knee...after putting up 50 points through three...quarters, you agree?

Are you a 'bammer', or a 'Belieber'...?

I can't tell...

Where did I go?

Where did I go?

ran out of post-its?

Where did I go?

ran out of post-its?

yep

I agree about they play calling. If we run an O similar to 09 with Tate and Todd using multiple power runs, play action passing, and pre-snap motion/misdirection then we have the pieces in place to be very dangerous. It all rest in the play calling for me.

This. I'm really not sure what the outcry is, we'll be fine with SW. Hell, Todd had a noodle arm. Last year was geared towards JJ, then JJ happened and injuries and the playbook never recovered.

There is the AUF patented phrase again : We'll be fine.

You seem to think that the offense was ineffective because our offense was geared to one particular QB but that one guy didn't pan out leaving the next QB up with a short stack of cards. Which begs two questions:

1. Why could we not adjust the playbook for the next guy?

Lastly

2. Is this going to happen every time we have a backup?

Man alive, come August there are going to be a lot of folks going ape crap on this board, when the starting QB is announced. For my part I am going to roll on the floor laughing at all the armchair coaches on here that make blanket statements, that it will be this one or that one or that we can only win if we do it this way. I am glad coaches don't actually read these boards they would be so busy laughing they would never get any work actually done. Come on September, so we can play the games and put this crap to bed. WDE

Just because a guy is fast doesn't mean he's a good enough runner where that is his full time job. And our offense rarely calls slants, I haven't seen any of the qb's do them enough to say they can. I think having a running threat at qb impacts the offense much more personally

Definitely agree with you on this.

I agree about they play calling. If we run an O similar to 09 with Tate and Todd using multiple power runs, play action passing, and pre-snap motion/misdirection then we have the pieces in place to be very dangerous. It all rest in the play calling for me.

This. I'm really not sure what the outcry is, we'll be fine with SW. Hell, Todd had a noodle arm. Last year was geared towards JJ, then JJ happened and injuries and the playbook never recovered.

You seen to think that the offense was ineffective because our offense was geared to one particular QB but that one guy didn't pan out leaving the next QB up with a short stack of cards. Which begs two questions:

Lastly

1) when you install an offense for 6 months and it goes to s*** in 3 weeks, you can't recover over night. Especially in the SEC. We got better as the year went on, but nobody predicted JJs downfall. Throw in the turnovers and the playbook changed drastically as the season went on. You can't really prepare for that as a head coach.

2) if the back up has a different set of skills then yes it will. Look at 08 as an example. Kodi and Todd couldn't run the same offense but they were attempting to make them.

Wait until after this coming season.

Why, will he forget again?

The North will never forget

You seen to think that the offense was ineffective because our offense was geared to one particular QB but that one guy didn't pan out leaving the next QB up with a short stack of cards. Which begs two questions:

Lastly

1) when you install an offense for 6 months and it goes to s*** in 3 weeks, you can't recover over night. Especially in the SEC. We got better as the year went on, but nobody predicted JJs downfall. Throw in the turnovers and the playbook changed drastically as the season went on. You can't really prepare for that as a head coach.

2) if the back up has a different set of skills then yes it will. Look at 08 as an example. Kodi and Todd couldn't run the same offense but they were attempting to make them.

You'd think no matter what that we could make it work even if the starter goes down for the season. I think it's just that we need more quality players at QB

Lastly

You'd think no matter what that we could make it work even if the starter goes down for the season. I think it's just that we need more quality players at QB

Agree, what is the point of being 3 deep at quarterback if only one of them can actually run the offense?

Archived