Jf3 vs OMac

bigbird

JFIII is OMac/Grant fast and y'all can leave it at that instead of debating thousandths of a second. If you require evidence then just google his name + "track". Dude is world class.

He is. Just not 4.28 fast. Retarded for AU to even say so.

Fair enough.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JFIII is OMac/Grant fast and y'all can leave it at that instead of debating thousandths of a second. If you require evidence then just google his name + "track". Dude is world class.

How fast do you think he is?

How fast do you think he is?

High 4.3's low 4.4's.

Jf3= 6'0 Omac = 5'11

JF3 = 175 Omac = 170

Jf3 = 4.28 OMac = 4.34

I realize JF3 was brought in to compete for the QB position, but he would thrive in OMac's role. I believe that having SW as QB with Jovon as RB and JF3 as the speed/slot player would allow Gus to utilize the misdirection aspect of his O and open up a lot of running and passing lanes. Thoughts?

I'll say this, the fact that he's bigger, is rumored to like contact, and is likely as fast or faster than O-Mac makes me love the idea of him taking a speed sweep now and again.

Not a rumor. Watch his highlights again.

Jf3= 6'0 Omac = 5'11

JF3 = 175 Omac = 170

Jf3 = 4.28 OMac = 4.34

I realize JF3 was brought in to compete for the QB position, but he would thrive in OMac's role. I believe that having SW as QB with Jovon as RB and JF3 as the speed/slot player would allow Gus to utilize the misdirection aspect of his O and open up a lot of running and passing lanes. Thoughts?

I'm drooling over this. Add in our freshman WR and you've got skill players covered for 2-3 years

Depends on what our offensive coaches want to do. Do they want to run the ball 70-75 percent of the time. If so JF3 is the guy at QB.

If they want to be more balanced like 60/40 then SW.

Would love to see JF3 on the field some either way but there has to be some sort of continuity between Qb and the WRs, plus less situational packages. Need to go fast!

But that requires a very accurate QB. Nothing worse than a quick slant thrown behind the WR. Very easy way to have a pick returned.

The quick slants might require an accurate QB, but the screens wouldn't. It's also a lot bigger window when the DBs and LBs are focused on the run.

Is JF3 accurate enough to do it? I have no clue. But I do know it's a heck of a lot easier to complete passes when the defenders are focused on the running game than when they aren't.

But that requires a very accurate QB. Nothing worse than a quick slant thrown behind the WR. Very easy way to have a pick returned.

The quick slants might require an accurate QB, but the screens wouldn't. It's also a lot bigger window when the DBs and LBs are focused on the run.

Is JF3 accurate enough to do it? I have no clue. But I do know it's a heck of a lot easier to complete passes when the defenders are focused on the running game than when they aren't.

the swing passes and screen require a lot of touch. Miss them and they become drive killers. Float them and you set up the pick 6

the swing passes and screen require a lot of touch. Miss them and they become drive killers. Float them and you set up the pick 6

Exactly correct. Not saying this applies to anyone on our team. Haven't seen enough to know for sure.

Fair enough, but I also think you drastically decrease the chance of INT on the screens by having a very strong running game.

Just because a guy is fast doesn't mean he's a good enough runner where that is his full time job. And our offense rarely calls slants, I haven't seen any of the qb's do them enough to say they can. I think having a running threat at qb impacts the offense much more personally

The only problem with having JF3 and Martin in the same backfield is that their running strength is in the same area, the outside. The reason OMac was so good is the threat from Cam's inside power.

I think Martin is going to be ok between the tackles.

So you think they could be a Marshall/mason type relationship?

JF3 isn't no Marshall.

Shhh! You're not supposed to say that to the JF3 pushers.

So who has said this?

Let's be honest about Omac. He was not 5'11" nor was he 170. Seen the man at Tiger Walk enough times to dispute both numbers.

JFIII will be the QB, not Sean White. We do not need a repeat of last year. Jeremy Johnson doesn't need to be in there either. JFIII...JFIII.

SMH

Bigbird, I'm glad you posted this topic. I've long thought you and I had a lot of the same views about how to approach the game. I think Sean is the QB on the roster giving us the best chance to win games. He might not have the strongest arm but is an accurate. He seems to be a tough guy and one willing to lead by example on the field. He was not put in a good situation last season and I believe that is why he struggled.

That said I believe there is something JF3 can bring to the field that SW can't with his running ability. Using his ability in the slot would be perfect and maybe occasionally as a wildcat. I liked OMAC but one thing he lacked was shiftiness.

I too would like to see SW at QB(given that he's used appropriately, and not only throwing the ball on 3rd and 9) Jovon at RB, jf3 at slot, with CC and pettway used regularly as HB

The only problem with having JF3 and Martin in the same backfield is that their running strength is in the same area, the outside. The reason OMac was so good is the threat from Cam's inside power.

I think Martin is going to be ok between the tackles.

So you think they could be a Marshall/mason type relationship?

JF3 isn't no Marshall.

Shhh! You're not supposed to say that to the JF3 pushers.

So who has said this?

More than 1 poster has said they think he would be the next NM. It's not a polular opinion but it has been posted....but in the end it was a joke & not to be taken seriously.

JFIII will be the QB, not Sean White. We do not need a repeat of last year. Jeremy Johnson doesn't need to be in there either. JFIII...JFIII.

Well, the discussion WAS going well...

You guys are so off base. At this very minute Gus is having Sean's upper body surgically attached to JF3's lower body. If he heals in time, watch out.

If jf3 is relegated to a RB hybrid slot position, which I am inclined to think he will be, he is however fast he is. I have no numbers and wouldn't believe anything posted here anyway. omac was extremely fast but mostly in a straight line. I think jf3 has more moves and is more elusive. I doubt he is even close to marshal in strength.

I can see him being a better runner than Marshall, I mean I don't know if he is but I could believe it, a better qb though? No way in hell. I doubt if he can throw better than sw and I'm not a sw hype nut

People like this drive me crazy...

Unfounded hate for Sean White. It's laughable really... ESPECIALLY when you haven't even seen Franklin take a snap... let alone throw a football.

I hate to break it to you, Franklin ain't even in the same league as Nick Marshall... think about that.

SMH

Don't question our lord and savior JF III

Archived