Naming a Starting QB at Auburn

RunInRed

You guys are slowing down only up to 45 pages...............hell I put the rumor about SW to get some posting going............................step it up

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I've never completely understood what this meant. Cause I saw him play several games throughout 2013 and 2014 and several times coming in cold and succeeding all those times, with the threat of getting hit always being prevalent.

Maybe not being hit was a fraction of the problem, but it was entirely dwarfed by the fact that you had a first year starter basically expected to carry his team to the national championship and win the Heisman. I'd say that was 99/100 of the problem. 

I say this because I was in the Georgia dome last year and saw my hopes for 2015 crash even though auburn win. A couple weeks later I saw JJ look as lost as last years Easter egg in Baton Rouge. He looked completely lost. I am not saying we have better options, but unless he (or the other QB's) makes a drastic improvement, it will be a long year I'm afraid

4 minutes ago, weagle06 said:

I say this because I was in the Georgia dome last year and saw my hopes for 2015 crash even though auburn win. A couple weeks later I saw JJ look as lost as last years Easter egg in Baton Rouge. He looked completely lost. I am not saying we have better options, but unless he (or the other QB's) makes a drastic improvement, it will be a long year I'm afraid

He made solid decisions at times in the JSU game and second half of the LSU game. Just looked like he tried to do too much mentally and once it didn't work, his confidence + accuracy wavered. 

I would LOVE it if...

JJ came out with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove... n just got plain mad dog mean, aggressive and decisive. 

and this thread hits 50... 

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

He made solid decisions at times in the JSU game and second half of the LSU game. Just looked like he tried to do too much mentally and once it didn't work, his confidence + accuracy wavered. 

Like I said, he scares me. I didn't say he had to scare you. I need to see something else before I am confident in him.

i don't think JSU is a great example either. Just my opinion.

27 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I'm listening to an Auburn Podcast and they are saying that what they are hearing is that JJ has been the best QB for the last 2 weeks and JF3 is struggling throwing the ball. 

Buckle up.  If the light has come on, we're in for a hell of a ride :)

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

I would be more than happy if JJ pulled a Jason Campbell.

I would be beyond thrilled if his preseason hype from last year was just a year early.

Boy I'm confused...for about 38 pages it was as if JJ did not exist...well, except as a target for some people...and now he's back in the race to start ? 

Not sure what to believe obviously.....but hoping those comments are accurate.  I would certainly be nice for him to have a couple of good weeks...gives the coaches some things to consider since I think starting a QB who has been on the field in a big game is to our advantage.

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Boy I'm confused...for about 38 pages it was as if JJ did not exist...well, except as a target for some people...and now he's back in the race to start ? 

Not sure what to believe obviously.....but hoping those comments are accurate.  I would certainly be nice for him to have a couple of good weeks...gives the coaches some things to consider since I think starting a QB who has been on the field in a big game is to our advantage.

I've done everything in my power to keep him alive in this thread

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I've done everything in my power to keep him alive in this thread

Don Quixote had a better chance....:)

This is outright hilarious! I am betting that Gus is playing the ultimate shell game with Clemson. Honestly, I don't care who it is. I really would love for JJ to come out and prove himself, mainly because I like the kid and I would hate for his so-called "failure" of last year to hang over his head for the rest of his life. I also would not mind if SW was the guy, because I believe he has a warrior mentality and would put everything into do his best. And, as for JF3, he is an unknown, so I am not sure what to think about him.

Doing my part to get to 50. Be nice to these kids, though, people. I really believe they are all putting their all into winning the job.

8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Other than some rabbit trails, the conversation has been driven by what has been heard coming out of practice.  Until today, Jeremy hasn't gotten much press. 

I would like nothing better than for JJ to do well but I really just can't see it happening. At times last year he looked terrified. We know he can do well at practice but I just can't see it translating to a game. Hope I am wrong but I am now really worried if he starts against Clemson.

Just now, Dshep4au said:

I would like nothing better than for JJ to do well but I really just can't see it happening. At times last year he looked terrified. We know he can do well at practice but I just can't see it translating to a game. Hope I am wrong but I am now really worried if he starts against Clemson.

As has been mentioned many times, last year was last year.  There's a wonderful thing called an off-season that can change many things.  I expect both of our veteran QBs to be better than what you saw last year.  I also guarantee you that, if he starts, Gus will have no doubt in his mind that he will deliver.

Well we know JJ CAN do it. We saw it against Arkansas in 2014. He looked poised. He operated within the offense and most importantly he made quick decisions.

last year he just looked so slow. He held the ball just thinking and thinking. By the time he pulled the trigger everyone in the stadium knew where the ball was going.

It's tough just not to want to give a healthy SW or JF a chance to see if they can operate at the correct pace.

1 minute ago, Dshep4au said:

No matter who starts, about a third of this board will be worried.....   so what's the answer?   :dunno:

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

No matter who starts, about a third of this board will be worried.....   so what's the answer?   :dunno:

True! I have been an Auburn fan for more years than most of y'all have been alive. That made me laugh out loud.  It is the Auburn way to worry except not so much during the Dye years. It was tough to score but once we had the lead we didn't have to worry about our defense giving up a score!

My outside the outside sources tell me that Kerryon will start as the wildcat quarterback but JJ, SW and JFIII will all be on the field and the first play will be a triple reverse go route. Unfortunately the outside of the outside sources do not know who will actually throw the  pass....

24 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

This is outright hilarious! I am betting that Gus is playing the ultimate shell game with Clemson. Honestly, I don't care who it is. I really would love for JJ to come out and prove himself, mainly because I like the kid and I would hate for his so-called "failure" of last year to hang over his head for the rest of his life. I also would not mind if SW was the guy, because I believe he has a warrior mentality and would put everything into do his best. And, as for JF3, he is an unknown, so I am not sure what to think about him.

Doing my part to get to 50. Be nice to these kids, though, people. I really believe they are all putting their all into winning the job.

Now that's the spirt:hellyeah:

34 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I would be beyond thrilled if his preseason hype from last year was just a year early.

When the Bird speaks, I listen!  I have tossed this idea around a good bit in my mind, I would love to see JJ come out and play lights out all season. This would be sweet  redemption totally!

Archived