Naming a Starting QB at Auburn

RunInRed

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I think that he stick with what he does.  That said, we have had a lot of receiver running wide open the past few years. We just haven't necessarily been able to consistently get them the ball.  For a good example, cox's wheel route during A-day. For a bad one, NM missing Ricardo in the championship game.

Well said. You are truly a scholar and a gentleman. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumor posted on R/CFB that SW to be suspended for the Clemson game. Guess that would make the decision a little easier. ?

8 minutes ago, KMR4AU said:

Rumor posted on R/CFB that SW to be suspended for the Clemson game. Guess that would make the decision a little easier. ?

Just chasing down this rumor will push this thread past 50 pages, good job.

The person who posted it on CFB said it was put out there on another AU board by the person who first posted that JR was gone. I'm not a Rivals member anymore but seems to be all over the Bunker, for what that's worth.

Mods on Rivals and Scout are saying the suspension rumor about SW is BS.

We can all go back to our normal fighting over which of the three will start the Clemson game. Order is restored.

Nah I doubt it. I guess people especially the sw club would have been saying he didn't lose the qb competition though. So I could see that

Threshold achieved. Color me sanguine.

Even if Mr. Red were starting a new thread, naming the chosen one, right now, as I type, this thread will easily coast through to 50 on:

-Told ya so,

- Oh yeah? Wait 'til our second series/game, and

- We're doomed! Forever!

2 hours ago, KMR4AU said:

I heard it was started by Cole to sway the coaches to start JF3.

:poke:

1 minute ago, weagle06 said:

Another Twitter rumor I'm hearing- "JJ has impressed the last two weeks"

I'm listening to an Auburn Podcast and they are saying that what they are hearing is that JJ has been the best QB for the last 2 weeks and JF3 is struggling throwing the ball. 

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I told y'all men 2 weeks ago

Its Jeremy season

I have no problem with this. My only question would be, have you made him practice live yet?

Because after last year I can't lie, he scares me.

4 minutes ago, weagle06 said:

I have no problem with this. My only question would be, have you made him practice live yet?

Because after last year I can't lie, he scares me.

I've never completely understood what this meant. Cause I saw him play several games throughout 2013 and 2014 and several times coming in cold and succeeding all those times, with the threat of getting hit always being prevalent.

Maybe not being hit was a fraction of the problem, but it was entirely dwarfed by the fact that you had a first year starter basically expected to carry his team to the national championship and win the Heisman. I'd say that was 99/100 of the problem. 

I'd love it to be Jeremy Johnson. He has the highest ceiling of any QB on the roster. And he can actually throw a deep ball, which is nice if we decide to run our minimal offense (zone read, bubble screen, deep ball). My only request is that he have more designed runs and/or that he keeps it more often on read plays.

Archived