Television Shows

On 5/14/2021 at 3:58 PM, augolf1716 said:

Love British shows is Acorn TV worth getting?

Wifey and I subscribe and like it  Crime procedurals that never make it to PBS or other American channels. One series we really like is Digging for Britain, which really digs into British archaeological efforts -- lots of very interesting historical stuff. Some of everything, really. Hey, the Brits love to garden!

It's not expensive and you might get a free month trial to check it out.

• Thanks 1

I’ve been watching the Fear Street trilogy on Netflix. They’ve released the first two and not bad teen/campy slasher type entertainment. 

Lost Speedways on Peacock, hosted by Dale Jr. Loving this show. Excellent documentary on abandoned historical speedways. Interesting to hear the old stories.  It's on the free section at the time on peacock.  It will likely move back to paid at some point.  I think they just tell released season 2, so it's free for the moment. 

Kind of curious how this new Lord of the Rings show Amazon is producing is going to turn out. They're digging deep into Tolkien's Legandarium for it. Akallabeth, set in the second age.

Anyone who's got a dog-eared copy of the Silmarillion like I do will understand that this will be some pretty dark source material.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tigermike said:

It may have been mentioned and I missed it, but are any of you watching The Wire?

I'm only on episode 2 but it has my attention.

The Wire Trailer (HBO)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qK-VGjMr8g

One of the best damn shows in TV history. 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2021 at 8:18 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

Ted Lasso season 2 started yesterday. S2 E1 was as good as ever.

I might have to break down and get apple just for this.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 7/24/2021 at 5:18 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

Ted Lasso season 2 started yesterday. S2 E1 was as good as ever.

I'm trying to let some episodes pile up so I can binge it. Doubt I can hold out much longer. The first season was just incredibly charming and fun. 

• Love 1

21 minutes ago, cbo said:

I'm trying to let some episodes pile up so I can binge it. Doubt I can hold out much longer. The first season was just incredibly charming and fun. 

I do enjoy Sudeikis he was good in We're The Millers

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, cbo said:

Man, it hooked me and my wife from the start.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Man, it hooked me and my wife from the start.

Exact same in this house. My wife loves it as much as I do. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I do enjoy Sudeikis he was good in We're The Millers

He was funny in that and I'd say Ted Lasso is his best role. 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2021 at 5:28 PM, Tigermike said:

It may have been mentioned and I missed it, but are any of you watching The Wire?

I'm only on episode 2 but it has my attention.

The Wire Trailer (HBO)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qK-VGjMr8g

I’ve watched it 3 or 4 times start to finish. My all time favorite show. You may not like season 2 the first time you watch it, FYI but it’s better after subsequent viewings. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I’ve watched it 3 or 4 times start to finish. My all time favorite show. You may not like season 2 the first time you watch it, FYI but it’s better after subsequent viewings. 

Thanks for the recommendation.   I'm watching it and haven't seen anything to make me quit so far.  

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 1:26 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

It drives me crazy that people hate on S2 so much. It's fantastic and such a unique story.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I'm loving The White Lotus on HBO and I'm not sure I can say exactly why. Just characters that don't remind me of anything I've seen on TV before I guess. I wouldn't even say it's "about" anything other than how weird we all are. 

• Like 1

I'll add Letterkenny if nobody else has. (No, I'm going back through this thread and look. I say, I might have even mentioned it already)

I agree that Ted Lasso has been very good up through the last episode. We look forward to it each week. 

Also, Pennworth on Epix is decent. It's about the early years of Batman's butler Alfred prior to his move to Gotham.

foghorn-promo_1.jpg

44 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm loving The White Lotus on HBO and I'm not sure I can say exactly why. Just characters that don't remind me of anything I've seen on TV before I guess. I wouldn't even say it's "about" anything other than how weird we all are. 

It’s great. Impossible to describe from a plot standpoint, it’s weird but not like bizarre like something like Westworld or AHS (which I cannot stand). And of course Stifler’s mom plays her space cadet role perfectly. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I'm still in season 1 episode 13.  They just killed Wallace in episode 12

• Like 1

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I'm enjoying it too. To me, it's kind of about how different each generation is, and the conflicts that result from that. And, you know, a bunch of other stuff. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Started the free trial of Discovery Plus.  Found a show on there, Getaway.  Anyone seen it? Awesome competition show where 3 fantastic drivers bring their own cars to try to escape a compound.  1st round is 2 exits along with tactical driving chasers trying to pin you in.  They will use force if necessary.  Get out, you get 2Gs. The top 2 then race it at night for 5Gs, 1 exit and 3 chasers.  Michelle Rodriguez hosts, along with a professional rally racer. Great stuff.  Real life Fast Furious. Bada**!

Edited by AUBwins