Auburn-Georgia Score Predictions

logan adams

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I think they will. Evidently they had their come to Jesus meeting with their position coach this past week and those two you named are from GA...

And Eason is not the most mobile QB.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is not very mobile.  Has -34 yds on the year per ESPN stats:

Jacob Eason Stats

PASSING STATS
YEAR TEAM CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT RAT
2016 145 272 53.3 1754 6.4 11 66 5 117.2
RUSHING STATS
YEAR TEAM ATT YDS AVG LNG TD
2016 25 -34 -1.4 12 1
SCORING STATS
YEAR TEAM PassTD RushTD RecTD RetTD TotTD 2PT PAT FG TotPT
2016 11 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 6

17 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

And Eason is not the most mobile QB.

To this point, he hasn't been the most anything QB... hopefully he doesn't become a better passer on Saturday, as been our history with young QBs.

22 hours ago, VipersStrike1 said:

With Pettway healthy:

AU 30 Georgia 27

Without Pettway healthy:

Georgia 27 AU 23

Where will the 27 pts for GA come from...Kelly and Ole Miss only got 29 which is the most the D has given up this season. Unless AU turns it over or gives up special team scores I can't see UGA getting to 27....

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

Where will the 27 pts for GA come from...Kelly and Ole Miss only got 29 which is the most the D has given up this season. Unless AU turns it over or gives up special team scores I can't see UGA getting to 27....

They get my respect until proven otherwise solely because it's in Athens. Gus has never seen victory in Athens. AU hasn't seen it in 11 years.

I've seen too many average Georgia teams beat/tie AU. Hello 1994, 1996, 2006, 2009 and 2015.

I've seen FAR too many occasions where we had em on the ropes and let em off the hook ($1 to Dennis Green). Hello 1986, 1992, 1994, 1996, 2002, 2009 and 2015.

37 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

They get my respect until proven otherwise solely because it's in Athens. Gus has never seen victory in Athens. AU hasn't seen it in 11 years.

I've seen too many average Georgia teams beat/tie AU. Hello 1994, 1996, 2006, 2009 and 2015.

I've seen FAR too many occasions where we had em on the ropes and let em off the hook ($1 to Dennis Green). Hello 1986, 1992, 1994, 1996, 2002, 2009 and 2015.

What's the one difference between now and the past 11 years? Mark Richt.  Prior to his arrival, we owned Athens (and yea... they kind of owned Jordan Hare). Kirby Smart is no Mark Richt.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

What's the one difference between now and the past 11 years? Mark Richt.  Prior to his arrival, we owned Athens (and yea... they kind of owned Jordan Hare). Kirby Smart is no Mark Richt.

Prob is...I've witnessed it through Vince Dooley, Ray Goff and Jim Donnan too.

Tired of seeing good AU teams lose to average Georgia teams.

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Also, we have a good team this year and they don't. That combination has rarely resulted in a loss for us. The last time was 10 years ago. (We were both 8-5 in 2009, and we both sucked last year, even though they made it to 10 wins.)

48 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Also, we have a good team this year and they don't. That combination has rarely resulted in a loss for us. The last time was 10 years ago. (We were both 8-5 in 2009, and we both sucked last year, even though they made it to 10 wins.)

Number of Georgia losses vs. Auburn losses prior to the AU-GA game:

2016: GA 4 losses / AU 2 losses - @ Georgia

2015: GA 3 losses / AU 4 losses - home

2009: GA 4 losses / AU 3 losses - @ Georgia

2006: GA 4 losses / AU 1 loss - home

1996: GA 5 losses / AU 2 losses - home

1994: GA 4 losses / AU 0 losses - home

27-17    AU win if SW and KP are 100%.  Same score if they are not, unless CKS lights a fire under this defense.  Not sure if fire is outlawed in Athens, GA

18 minutes ago, autan said:

27-17    AU win if SW and KP are 100%.  Same score if they are not, unless CKS lights a fire under this defense.  Not sure if fire is outlawed in Athens, GA

Pretty much.

Even in years other than this one.

https://www.athensclarkecounty.com/Faq.aspx?QID=150

I just do not understand all the worry. Uga to date in the SEC has three wins against Mizz, USC east and Kentucky. The fact they beat KY on a last second FG has some folks thinking they are a much improved team than that one that barely beat Nich State to start the season. Remember UK is not that good of a team. I mean in any fair comparison Arky would slaughter uga right now. Richt always gave us a good game but not one of the teams he fielded in the last 10 years were anywhere close to as bad as this one. AU at 70% would still beat this uga team. We played our worse game of the season last year and that had a lot to do with missing some key people. If SW had started and DD had not been kicked out, We would have beat Vandy by 3 TDs. That didn't happen but even with all the bad luck we had we still beat them. I know uga has had our number over the last few years but history has really been with us. Over the last 10 years they have won 8 and that only gave them a 1 game lead. But again this uga team is in no way a comparison to the last 10. WDE

41 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I just do not understand all the worry. Uga to date in the SEC has three wins against Mizz, USC east and Kentucky. The fact they beat KY on a last second FG has some folks thinking they are a much improved team than that one that barely beat Nich State to start the season. Remember UK is not that good of a team. I mean in any fair comparison Arky would slaughter uga right now. Richt always gave us a good game but not one of the teams he fielded in the last 10 years were anywhere close to as bad as this one. AU at 70% would still beat this uga team. We played our worse game of the season last year and that had a lot to do with missing some key people. If SW had started and DD had not been kicked out, We would have beat Vandy by 3 TDs. That didn't happen but even with all the bad luck we had we still beat them. I know uga has had our number over the last few years but history has really been with us. Over the last 10 years they have won 8 and that only gave them a 1 game lead. But again this uga team is in no way a comparison to the last 10. WDE

They did take a decent (at the time) Tennessee team down to the wire and should've won but for a miraculous play at the end.  UGA has enough talent to give good teams fits.  That being said, even banged up, we are better than Tennessee and should win.

50 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Recent history, Athens and lack of healthy RBs are why I'm concerned.

I see this being a FG war between Carlson (20 of 22) and Blankenship (9 of 10). Obviously, we have the better kicker, but I believe they get enough drives inside our 30-yard line to keep the game close with FGs when we hold them out of the end zone.

I think we get picked apart by Eason just like Shurmur did. I think our offense looks better though and we pull it out. 

AU - 33

UGA - 28

COMPLETELY off topic and hypothetical:

Let's say 2016 Bubba Pettway and 2016 Bo Jackson (without the bad hip) got down in a 3-point stance on the line of scrimmage and the whistle blew. Who comes out on top? Young muscle or old-man strength?

WDE. 

48 minutes ago, HardyHarHar said:

I think we get picked apart by Eason just like Shurmur did. I think our offense looks better though and we pull it out. 

AU - 33

UGA - 28

COMPLETELY off topic and hypothetical:

Let's say 2016 Bubba Pettway and 2016 Bo Jackson (without the bad hip) got down in a 3-point stance on the line of scrimmage and the whistle blew. Who comes out on top? Young muscle or old-man strength?

WDE. 

Wade Christopher

10 hours ago, triangletiger said:

They did take a decent (at the time) Tennessee team down to the wire and should've won but for a miraculous play at the end.  UGA has enough talent to give good teams fits.  That being said, even banged up, we are better than Tennessee and should win.

No I don't think UT was decent at the time. I think UT was lucky not good. Big difference. I think most can see that now. I don't think some people realize just how bad the SEC East is this year. WDE

UGA always seems to peak by the time that the South's Oldest Rivalry rolls around. Their team was in chaos last year with assistant coaches attempting a mutiny, and yet they were able to pull it together to beat us. This year they are an inferior team, but they have three things going for them. The game is in Athens where we haven't won in several years. Secondly, the injury bug has bit us hard in our offensive backfield. Sean White and KJ are supposedly good to go, but we'll have to wait and see how they hold up throughout the course of the game. The big loss is the guy that has taken this team to another level. It's about time we recruited a 240 lb RB that no one wants to tackle. If he isn't ready to go on Saturday, then that takes away a big advantage to me. Thirdly and finally, Kirby Smart is very familiar with our offense. He may not have the experienced players and depth that he needs just yet, but he'll certainly have a scheme that will slow us down. If White & KJ can remain healthy throughout the entire game then I think we pull it out with a field goal.

24-21 Auburn

The year ending in 6 jinx is crazy. I had no idea it was that dominant. In the last 100 years, we have beaten UGA in 1916, 1936 and 1956 only.  Weird stats. 

2 minutes ago, around4ever said:

The year ending in 6 jinx is crazy. I had no idea it was that dominant. In the last 100 years, we have beaten UGA in 1916, 1936 and 1956 only.  Weird stats. 

1996 was heart-breaking and 2006 was just painful. That's the only two I remember.

Archived