***Auburn vs. Georgia - Game Thread***

RunInRed

Eason was rattled at the end of the first half. If we can score on our first drive of the second half and keep pressure on him, we will be just fine. Can't let him regain his composure.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, War Knight said:

We protect Sean by moving the pocket, rolling out, or not only throwing on obvious situations. That pass to Stevens is what we need more of. He has been accurate today. 

Oh I agree, but we need to protect him on obvious passing downs, too. 

1 minute ago, Charhair said:

I think we need to run more quick passes and sweeps, KJ is great but he can't ram his way through a defense quite like bubba. We need to set up the run first

kirbys d looks as lost as ever against the wildcat and jf imo

Quick passes yes. Sweeps, no. They have to be called at the right times KJ can run on them all day he is just being asked to do so on obvious situations against a stacked box.

Lesseee here...

Pettway out. White with a gimpy shoulder. AU leads 7-0 at the half. And I am supposed to complain? Nah!  I knew that if Pettway was out and Sean White was not 100 percent that our Tigers would be in for a real fight today. And Kirby and the dawgs are playing at home. Going on the road in the SEC is always tough.

Regardless of expectations, I'll take the lead at half with our Tigers getting the ball to start the second half every time.  Will be interesting to see what adjustments (if any) can be made on offense for our Tigers to get more yards and points generated in the second half. As far as the defense, yes, they have given up some yards through the air, but it's a big old zero on the board for the dawgs so far. 

Final score prediction as of now? The Dream lives on. AU 24, Dawgs 21 in a nail biter.

War Eagle!

Just now, ValleyTiger said:

Oh I agree, but we need to protect him on obvious passing downs, too. 

Oh well actually using a TE for a check down might help there too.

We need to start with a mean streak running the ball and let CRL call a few unsuspected first down passes on 1st and 10. The run some more until we run them down...we have to take over the line of scrimmage on offense to win this game because Georgia does have 7 points in them and we have to get our distance now!

9 minutes ago, War Knight said:

They weren't already?

Not really. They should do the same thing they have done in the first half. Load the box on first down, send the blitz on 2nd, and 3rd and long. 

1 minute ago, War Knight said:

NO ONE would see that coming!

1 minute ago, War Knight said:

Yup & throwing to the area vacated by the blitz

1 minute ago, DAG said:

We have a few of them on the d-line.

To continue the metaphor, they keep getting tangled up in nets though

12 minutes ago, War Knight said:

They weren't already?

Not really. They should do the same thing they have done in the first half. Load the box on first down, send the blitz on 2nd, and 3rd and long. 

Just now, au701948 said:

Yea..our first pass play should be to a wide open TE over the middle...then so substitutions...get the momentum going.

This, substituting is hurting us. Though I think they're getting Sean out whenever possible. Hence the 4 different players under center so far.

Just now, Eagle-1 said:

I agree.

It ain't that hard.  Even a dumb swimmer can see that!

47 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I cannot believe they didn't throw a flag. I don't guess we can say anything about Bama and the officials.

Probably because if they have any fear we can beat the turds they need us to win out so they won't drop them out of the top 4.

Just now, War Knight said:

This, substituting is hurting us. Though I think they're getting Sean out whenever possible. Hence the 4 different players under center so far.

Which only places emphasis on how much SW being healthy is important to this team's success.

wde

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Smartass?

Haha I just don't understand why people get so upset. This team is playing hard and are winning at a place we have not won in a decade. 

I guess I need to stay away from game threads. 

Auburn secondary could have been called for PI on several more pass plays. DBs are sure pushing their luck and I'm amazed the refs blew that obvious one. And the tackling has not been good. Lots of flailing, not wrapping up. It's distressing to see UGA running the ball so successfully.

But Adams has been the man rushing the passer! Glad to see the rush finally getting to Eason.

Just think how many completed passes Auburn would have without counting those little forward shovels in the backfield. SW has not looked sharp so far.

Hoping some adjustments at the half, but also the team needs a spark, some big plays. A few successful passes by SW would be a good start. Drive the field for a TD at the opening of the second half would be great.

Archived