Looking on to 2017 (Merged)

WDE_OxPx_2010

Guys beat me up on this if you want.  I see Gus getting fired 2017.  Easy call right.  And even worse I see Lane Kiffin with a stong chance getting a play on the job.  Thats how it will shake out watch and see

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Cooper said:

Guys beat me up on this if you want.  I see Gus getting fired 2017.  Easy call right.  And even worse I see Lane Kiffin with a stong chance getting a play on the job.  Thats how it will shake out watch and see

Lane will have to have more than 1 highly successful year at FAU to get a snif at an upper tier program like AU.

24 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Guys, guys, guys...y'all are talking over all the wrong things...whats the feel-good slogan for next year's team gonna be!!!!????  That's what the real motivator is...

Idk but one positive from all this I don't constantly have to hear butterfly catchers constantly say, "The future is bright."

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Lane will have to have more than 1 highly successful year at FAU to get a snif at an upper tier program like AU.

Even if he did, I'd hope that AU wouldn't touch him. Poisonous, he is. 

6 minutes ago, Cooper said:

As long as JJ is in charge it's either Kiffin or Ben Leard as our next HC

Yeah proly right Gus had his 1 year sniff at Arky St.  Man what a wonderfull job he has done.  Just think what he could have done with one more year.

58 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Per Jon Solomon of CBS on Twitter: Auburn loses 5+ games for 3rd straight year. Last time that happened was 1975-77 (the end of Shug Jordan and start of Doug Barfield).

I was around for the end of barfield and the start of PFD and that quote makes me queezy...

2 minutes ago, Cooper said:

Yeah proly right Gus had his 1 year sniff at Arky St.  Man what a wonderfull job he has done.  Just think what he could have done with one more year.

He needed 2 or 3 years at Arky State as HC, then 3-4 more successful years at a mid-tier program like UNC or something before he should have even be on the radar at a place like AU.

I just want to go on record while I still have the buzz on to say thank god Auburn hasnt got Brett B as our HC.  He would look way overweight in orange its bad enough in Arky red.  War Eagle guys maybe next year.  And fire up the jet I still want Petrino.

Not sure about Gus,but I would think Jacobs has trouble surviving the next president of the football team continues to underperform.  

6 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

Not sure about Gus,but I would think Jacobs has trouble surviving the next president of the football team continues to underperform.  

I hope so. If those of us who run organizations and businesses had a fraction of the hires that don't work out like JJ's record, we all would have been fired long ago. 

I have never seen an organization that so richly rewards failure and underachievement as the Auburn Athletic Department.

My biggest complaint of the offense is the lack of passing diversity.  We were behind much of the game tonight in the second half and still only threw the football 27 times.

Do we move away from so much of the zone-read and go to a more Run-pass option style that Stidham was so successful with at Baylor?

Behind Pettway, who's our #2 RB... very disappointed in Kerryon this year.  Miller or KMart for me.  Kerryon' vision and 1 cut ability isn't very good.  There are some run plays that could be designed for him though to bring his explosivesness out.

If Matthews does declare for the draft our safety play has a change to tank big time.  Roberts and Marshall were very poor tonight going against an advanced passing attack.  Who steps up?

Balance on offense?  I don't know the official averages but it seems we run the ball 45-50 times a game and throw it 20-25 times which is all well and good when you out man the other teams defensive line... what happens when you don't and have no consistency or confidence in the throwing game?

These are the things I would like to know if they are being addressed in the future.  Everyone knows I'm a huge Gus supporter but it's time to grow some and develop more then "scheming" and pigeon holing players into "packages".

29 minutes ago, LittleTrain said:

I was around for the end of barfield and the start of PFD and that quote makes me queezy...

I believe we are now in the midst of that era all over again. I was hoping to be wrong after the six straight wins but right now I firmly believe it.

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

I believe we are now in the midst of that era all over again. I was hoping to be wrong after the six straight wins but right now I firmly believe it.

It's just a cycle. Those six wins spoiled us into being complacent as fans. Throw in the 04, 10, 13 seasons and it makes this three year stretch seem unbearable. Lol.

3 minutes ago, LittleTrain said:

It's just a cycle. Those six wins spoiled us into being complacent as fans. Throw in the 04, 10, 13 seasons and it makes this three year stretch seem unbearable. Lol.

The cycle is unacceptable. We should be a 10 win program with 11or more every few years. There's no reason to think we aren't capable of such. Instead we are a has been. 

13 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

The cycle is unacceptable. We should be a 10 win program with 11or more every few years. There's no reason to think we aren't capable of such. Instead we are a has been. 

Exactly! 8-5 should be an anomaly, not the norm.

This parade of short sighted threads was as predictable as that loss to an outstanding Oklahoma team with our 3rd string QB. Three losses to teams that will finish top 5, our missing link - QB depth - shows up in a major way next season. No way this many key injuries happens again for a while. 

Our receiver blocking is huge in this offense and woefully bad right now. 

Thinking about the Barfield comparisons, attracting talent has not been the problem. I know we had several good RBs in that era, but it sounded like Bear virtually shut down our recruiting. The funny thing is that, based off of 247 rankings, our average recruiting ranking since Saban got to UAT has actually been higher than it was from 2000-7--and that's counting the 2008 and 9 classes in the former group. So I don't (I refuse to) believe that this is beyond our control here.

^Your optimism is welcome. I desperately hope you're right. I think 2017 has the potential to be a very good--even great--year, but Gus's position right now reminds me of this:

26 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

This parade of short sighted threads was as predictable as that loss to an outstanding Oklahoma team with our 3rd string QB. Three losses to teams that will finish top 5, our missing link - QB depth - shows up in a major way next season. No way this many key injuries happens again for a while. 

Our receiver blocking is huge in this offense and woefully bad right now. 

I'm tired of hearing about WR blocking. We didn't get those 4 freshman b/c of their All World blocking skills. I get it is apart of the game but maybe if we actually threw the ball more than 10 yards they wouldn't have to worry about blocking so much. You put your best players on the field and let them make plays. Slayton, Kyle, Nate & Stove are big time play makers yet we can't find anyway to get them involved? We don't know our personnel and even when we do it doesn't get used correctly. Injuries or not next year...if they don't change it's not going to matter. Stidham will have to be the 2nd coming of Cam to cover up this mess of a playcalling with Gus and Rhett.

#firejayjacobs

#firegusmalzahn

#firethenewpresidentbeforehegetshere

#firewellnesskitchenstaff

#firedeanofstudents

#shutdownauburnathletics

#shutdownauburnuniversity

#theworldisonfire

#takemenowsweetbabyjesus

Stidham is not Cam.  If the play calling does not change,  next year will be the same.  Clemson will not be as good as this years team, but I don't think they will play as bad as this years game was played.   Plus it's at Clemson.   Lsu will be better, GA better and bama will continue to be the team to beat.   That's four loses if the offensive thinking is not changed. I don't see how lashlee can be allowed to stay.    Forget about injuries,  they call the same plays over and over.  

6 hours ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Guys, guys, guys...y'all are talking over all the wrong things...whats the feel-good slogan for next year's team gonna be!!!!????  That's what the real motivator is...

#Five games better.  sounds about right. 

17 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Very accurate coach.  We need an OC to utilize our players strengths not to put into a system.   Find the weakness of a defense and attack it.   

Yeah it's ridiculous. Everyone knew Oklahoma was ranked 118th in the country in pass defense. So once SW goes down, put in JJ and just let him throw it deep to NCM and Kyle Davis, then run it down their throats as they'd be softened up at that point. If there's any one thing JJ is decent at, it's throwing the deep ball as it requires hardly any reading of a defense. Gus is more set on scheming to get players wide open rather than getting the ball in his best players hands.

Archived