***Auburn vs. Mercer -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Yeah, we'll be 1-0 in the SEC around 10 pm next Saturday.

Um ok.  Don't see anything that makes me think this team could beat anyone in the SEC let alone a dominant HS team. 

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

We're just making very simple safe throws, it's going to be either him or Hastings. Whoever is in at that position

Well personally I think WH is creating more separation than RD. Iggy can be a future star IMO. Not impressed with RD's run blocking either but that goes back to last year

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Nice mix of play calls on that drive. However, there are still zero intermediate routes attacking the MOF. Everything is to slow developing and will get eaten up against a real defense.

I have a small sliver of hope that the offense will get a little confidence from that drive and build on it. 

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Nice mix of play calls on that drive. However, there are still zero intermediate routes attacking the MOF. Everything is to slow developing and will get eaten up against a real defense.

@Shift look you can like and understand!

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

I have a small sliver of hope that the offense will get a little confidence from that drive and build on it. 

But its Mercer...

2 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

LMAO, you are related to Jay Jacobs or his good friend if you defend his dumb ass. Carry on Mrs. Jacobs.

wde

You certainly make a compelling argument. 

1 minute ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

Um ok.  Don't see anything that makes me think this team could beat anyone in the SEC let alone a dominant HS team. 

Look at Mizzou's scoreline for their first three games.  We're playing a HS team next week.

2 minutes ago, Altima said:

haha... unfortunately, after the tennessee debacle in gainsville... ut's gonna fire butch jones.  then they'll have the first pick of all the available coaches... (and we're stuck with gus).

I disagree with that. Auburn is a better job in 2017 because of the recruiting base.

3 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

Let's see, basketball=best coach we've ever had, baseball=solid coach, softball=unbelievable hire considering situation, several other programs are top programs in the country. I guess there's football...where we've played in NC games under his tenure....and we operate in the black money wise and stay out of trouble as well as having donors donate tons of money for upgrades. Does he make mistakes? Yes. Are there people that could be better? Yes. Is it likely if we fire him the next one will have as much success?  Possible, not likely

Just because it sounds good and looks good on paper doesn't mean it equates to wins. Just Sayin...

1 minute ago, Deutschetiger said:

Les Miles is a real man. It would be nice to have a real man in charge of the football program. 

And same as last week when you mentioned this you want the 1 guy in america right now who is a worse offensive mind than Gus?

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

I just don't see how Mizzou puts up points.  Our defense is infinitely better than Purdue's and it's 28-0 at the half.  We'll get this figured out with ball security in the second half (I hope).

Started 2nd half with a turnover. 

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Look at Mizzou's scoreline for their first three games.  We're playing a HS team next week.

And this offense can move the ball against a decent high school team?  I know several teams in Atlanta that could stop Auburn's offense.  

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Well personally I think WH is creating more separation than RD. Iggy can be a future star IMO. Not impressed with RD's run blocking either but that goes back to last year

It's a reason it's the guys at the same position. Biggest mismatch, at times they may even get a linebacker on them....then just run away

2 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

I'm an alumni first of all not a fan.  And I don't want my alma mater to lose but in certain situations changes have to be made and sometimes a loss is the only way for them to happen. 

I get that and agree. I'm talking about people on here who are saying they hope we lose this game. I would never hope we lose. Not trying to argue just got frustrated at some on here. 

The only positive note is that the low score will force us to leave Stidham in to get experience and hopefully some rhythm with the wide outs. These fumbles may lead to other receivers and backs getting some playing time?

12 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Who wants to see Kam Martin? raise your hand. 

He's only been in the SEC for 3 years. Gus doesn't trust him yet. 

Just now, AUTigergrad08 said:

And this offense can move the ball against a decent high school team?  I know several teams in Atlanta that could stop Auburn's offense.  

Clearly not. We are playing the 13th grade currently and not doing so hot. 

Archived