Chuck Person

AUApostle

9 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

At this point I think South Carolina is also involved.

Funny thing this AM on Sirius they were talking about Southern Cal being one of the schools....USC....but best I can find at the moment the USC they should have been referring to was South Carolina.   Checked the Trojans website and no mention of this issue.....which would be unusual if they were a target. 

But as noted...lots more to follow....and guess media will move along to the next round of culprits......I hope....

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Funny thing this AM on Sirius they were talking about Southern Cal being one of the schools....USC....but best I can find at the moment the USC they should have been referring to was South Carolina.   Checked the Trojans website and no mention of this issue.....which would be unusual if they were a target. 

But as noted...lots more to follow....and guess media will move along to the next round of culprits......I hope....

Right now I'm skeptical, what are they waiting for? If there are others they probably not big time programs.

The more the better I suppose

The FBI is taunting everyone.

2 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Right now I'm skeptical, what are they waiting for? If there are others they probably not big time programs.

The more the better I suppose

The FBI is taunting everyone.

They are running "blue light specials"....giving out their phone number and inviting people to call the FBI before the FBI calls on them.   Hoping to drag in some folks who will look for a deal in exchange for nailing some new people and schools.   This could go on for a while. .  

Man this is like watching Hill Street Blues or something like that?   I guess that program is still on syndication somewhere....

14 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Tony Bland, of the University of Southern California, was one of the 10 arrested today.

2 minutes ago, BigSammyK said:

Tony Bland, of the University of Southern California, was one of the 10 arrested today.

Thanks......so they got both USCs it looks like.   The one out west could have some serious problems with NCAA 'cause it has not been that long that they were in trouble .....the O J Mayo case several years back. ......and their football problems are legendary.

1 hour ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Leath made a statement and since it is an ongoing Federal investigation I bet the AU lawyers have advised to keep closed mouth until told otherwise and then all statements will come through Leath. The FBI dropped a bomb on everyone today including the NCAA. There are some lawfirms around the country staying up late tonight. My bet is nobody talks for a few days at minimum until the lawyers digest the 200 page indictment.

Pitino being the exception

25 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

How does the guy point the finger at Bruce here?  Bruce can't know what Chuck is up to every hour of the day.  If Chuck wants to do something secretive, not sure how Bruce is accountable for that. 

Any of the coaches already arrested and outbid on a player by coaches not yet implicated, are going to flip for a deal. They will trade that info for reduced charges. My guess is this is going to touch a lot of schools before it's all over, especially big basketball schools.

I'll reiterate for the late night crowd, the description in the indictment sounds like Wiley and we've speculated that's who it is.  We don't know that.  And the other's details are so sketchy that I don't think anyone can truly know.  So let's not go there.  We'll know soon enough.

7 minutes ago, WarEagle10 said:

We  get busted for paying players to leave. And the guy doing it is an Auburn legend.  Only at Auburn. :angry:

Chuck Person went from famous to infamous in Auburn lore. If a person (no pun intended) wants to ruin their life then that's their decision but when they affect others with the fallout of their selfish actions it's beyond sad. It's nothing short of treason to betray those who trust you. 

12 hours ago, abw0004 said:

There is always one financial advisor that makes the rest of us look bad.  It gets tougher everyday when you try to do the right thing for your client and then find out someone else tried to take advantage of the system so now you have more rules to follow.  The majority of athletes/celebrities don't even make good clients anyways.  Their financial lives are extremely short and their egos are really big in that short time so you can't do what needs to be done to protect their assets for long term success.  That is why my company does not work with them.

I want to hear all of the details first before I make an opinion on this Person debacle.  I want to know what players were involved, coaches, who knew, etc.  Just like I did not want to rush to judgement on the softball case.

I knew it. You're the bagman. 

The most corrupt group of people in the country sits right beside the FBI in Washington, D.C.  Can't find any wrong doing there.  Drugs flowing into neighborhoods by truckload, can't stop that.  Bummers handing out cars, jobs, favors and lord only knows what else, but can't find that.   But they can find a basketball coach in south Alabama at a mediocre basketball program breaking rules and throw the book at him.  Go find some real criminals. 

My dad lives in Frankfort, Ky.  He said the news was all about Louisville tonight when I let him know about Chuck. 

8 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

I knew it. You're the bagman. 

"And I never got caught neither."  -Prison Mike

IMG_2175.JPG

8 hours ago, tigerrules said:

The most corrupt group of people in the country sits right beside the FBI in Washington, D.C.  Can't find any wrong doing there.  Drugs flowing into neighborhoods by truckload, can't stop that.  Bummers handing out cars, jobs, favors and lord only knows what else, but can't find that.   But they can find a basketball coach in south Alabama at a mediocre basketball program breaking rules and throw the book at him.  Go find some real criminals. 

Sorry , they did not find the coach.....CP found them.  

If he had stayed in south Alabama coaching his team none of this would have happened.  We might have a better basketball team that could play some defense and he would be sleeping in his own bed tonight thinking about the start of the new season.

There are lots of victims in this case.....people he betrayed .....from fellow coaches to the people who love AU and are now embarrassed by what he has done while wearing the school label...  Just hoping people don't try to make CP a victim. .. 

I apologize if it's been talked about already but I haven't read this whole thread - it's too depressing - but has Bruce Pearl given any kind of statement about any of this?

5 minutes ago, ertrader said:

I apologize if it's been talked about already but I haven't read this whole thread - it's too depressing - but has Bruce Pearl given any kind of statement about any of this?

Not yet. From what I understand he was scheduled to have a pre-season press conference today but that has been postponed.  I'm sure we will hear from him soon but I would imagine there have been some meetings with JJ and the prez about what he knew and what they need to say publicly. 

5 minutes ago, ertrader said:

To my knowledge, no official but the University President has commented. Period. It's likely that AU lawyers have put a gag order on everybody but the Prez until things get sorted out.

Reports of Rick Pitino being fired today:

ESPN's Michael Eaves reported Wednesday that Rick Pitino is expected to be fired as head coach of the Louisville Cardinals men's basketball team.

Eaves provided additional insight on Facebook:

"Pitino has told members of his coaching staff that he expects to lose his job over allegations the Cardinals basketball program is involved in a federal investigation into fraud and corruption in college basketball recruiting... Pitino 'knows it's coming' after a staff meeting of the basketball coaches Wednesday morning in Louisville."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2735450-rick-pitino-reportedly-expected-to-be-fired-wednesday-after-fbi-ncaa-probe

10 hours ago, tigerrules said:

Financial crimes are real crimes with real victims. Drug transactions....well, that's probably a discussion for the political board.

2 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

Reports of Rick Pitino being fired today:

ESPN's Michael Eaves reported Wednesday that Rick Pitino is expected to be fired as head coach of the Louisville Cardinals men's basketball team.

Eaves provided additional insight on Facebook:

"Pitino has told members of his coaching staff that he expects to lose his job over allegations the Cardinals basketball program is involved in a federal investigation into fraud and corruption in college basketball recruiting... Pitino 'knows it's coming' after a staff meeting of the basketball coaches Wednesday morning in Louisville."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2735450-rick-pitino-reportedly-expected-to-be-fired-wednesday-after-fbi-ncaa-probe

I was just about to post about this. Not a good sign...

Archived