2016 3* S Marlon Character

ellitor

Nice offer list; Per ESPN Yale offered him a scholly. That is as impressive as any of the others

Absolutely. I like the thought of having a smart safety back there. I actually think Ford makes good grades though....but anyway I agree lol

If he's anywhere near as good as Ford we picked up a real winner. I'll take all the leading tacklers we can get.

Except we want the leading tacklers to come from the LB position.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice offer list; Per ESPN Yale offered him a scholly. That is as impressive as any of the others

Absolutely. I like the thought of having a smart safety back there. I actually think Ford makes good grades though....but anyway I agree lol

If he's anywhere near as good as Ford we picked up a real winner. I'll take all the leading tacklers we can get.

Amen

Since we seem incapable of getting linebackers that are leading tacklers, good safeties are a must.

He will be a special CB for us. He has the speed to lock on receivers 1 on 1 and will win most of those battles. He should be a 4 star across the board. I do not understand listing him as a 3 star when he has 2 major recruiting SVs that has him as a 4 star recruit.

He will be a special CB for us. He has the speed to lock on receivers 1 on 1 and will win most of those battles. He should be a 4 star across the board. I do not understand listing him as a 3 star when he has 2 major recruiting SVs that has him as a 4 star recruit.

They base the stars on the 247 composite rating.

Which is based on his overall rating, not just the average of his stars. Meaning, if Rivals has him as a 5.8, he's a four star, but he has the lowest rating a four-star player can have. If another service has him as a middle of the pack three-star player (as ESPN does), that pushes his composite into the high three-star range (as is the case here).

• 1 month later...

USCe

So every pledged defensive recruit is headed to USCe now? They all committed to coaches and not the University? Copy that.

No.

I think it's time to chill out about all this alleged flipping. As soon as we get a DC and DB coach in place this will calm down. I still remember when we were going to lose Lawson and Adams because of a coaching change. Didn't happen.

USCe

So every pledged defensive recruit is headed to USCe now? They all committed to coaches and not the University? Copy that.

Is WarEagleAU just stating opinion? Seems to popping that usce post under several threads with no reference.

USCe

Is WarEagleAU just stating opinion? Seems to popping that usce post under several threads with no reference.

I think he is basing the opinion off of where the recruits live. Even that, without more, isn't enough, IMO, to go ahead and predict a flip.

It's always been WEAU's MO. Not predicting kids to other schools, but offering his prediction in this manner.

I don't know his credentials, but he does put a lot of work into maintaining the recruiting board thread.

This post was so useful.

Archived