A-Day thread

WarTiger

For those concerned about the performance today, if end up playing against Washington, LSU,  UGA and Bama with walk on centers and backup QBs playing one hand touch with a vanilla playbook, I share your concerns. Otherwise, our D Line is stacked and Whitlow has some serious potential at RB. Pretty much all I can tell from today. 

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

For those concerned about the performance today, if end up playing against Washington, LSU,  UGA and Bama with walk on centers and backup QBs playing one hand touch with a vanilla playbook, I share your concerns. Otherwise, our D Line is stacked and Whitlow has some serious potential at RB. Pretty much all I can tell from today. 

Yeah it's a-day. Only thing I'm taking away from it: It still appears Auburn qb's have to make a living with the tools they brought with them. 

Looks to me like Tolbert has earned the starting nod for the Washington game.....right :)

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

I’m not there and I feel he should send me $5. 

Haven't even seen it yet and all I've done is read this thread and I want MY $5 back...

3 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Great effort Smoke but he got you lol

Played it great and broke it up...then he caught it again.

I do not care about how bad our Qb's look. I do not care about how bad the Wr's look. They all will look different with Stidham throwing them the rock. What won't change is our OL is putrid and the lack of good OL recruiting/ development will catch up to us this year. We will struggle to impose our will on the average SEC DL let alone the top ones.

27 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I really like our AD

Best hire to happen to AU in the last 25 years right up there with Bruce Pearl!!!! WOOO!!!! WAR DAMN AG BABY!!!!

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Played it great and broke it up...then he caught it again.

Yep it be like that sometimes. I'm impressed by what I've seen of Tutt so far and Smoke hasn't gotten that many chances but has done solid. Sherwood making some tackles...What do you think of the 3 freshmen so far?

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

I’m excited to see Whitlow come fall, he has a chance to be really good.

Has the board arrived at a consensus that it is (or should be) Whitlow? Looks that way.

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I do not care about how bad our Qb's look. I do not care about how bad the Wr's look. They all will look different with Stidham throwing them the rock. What won't change is our OL is putrid and the lack of good OL recruiting/ development will catch up to us this year. We will struggle to impose our will on the average SEC DL let alone the top ones.

Stidham will have to be a lot better than last year. I am talking arguably the best player in the SEC type. 

7 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Yep it be like that sometimes. I've impressed by what I've seen of Tutt so far and Smoke hasn't gotten that many chances but has done solid. Sherwood making some tackles...What do you think of the 3 freshmen so far?

Not that they were trying to be tricked, but they didn't have any blown assignments, which is the biggest thing to me.  Smoke looked smooth and comfortable.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Stidham will have to be a lot better than last year. I am talking arguably the best player in the SEC type. 

I got no doubt in him being the best QB in the nation. More comfortable with the offense and more film study in making reads and handling pressure and he'll be stellar.

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Ain't that the truth fammy. He will have a lot of chances to improve his Pocket presence from last year because he will constantly be under duress lol.

Just now, WFE12 said:

I got no doubt in him being the best QB in the nation. More comfortable with the offense and more film study in making reads and handling pressure and he'll be stellar.

I hope so. I am wanting the best but he really kind of rubbed me the wrong way in the bowl game and somewhat with flirting with the idea of the NFL. I am just of the mindset that I have to see it to believe it. Luckily it starts on the opening game against browning .

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Won't matter if we can't run the ball.

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Won't matter if we can't run the ball.

and won't matter if he has no time to throw either. I do think he will be a stud though this year when he has time and will be throwing darts all season long.

Archived