Peach Bowl runner-up vinyl

WFE12

Can someone please say this BS isn't real. Please!!! Tell me it's Photoshop. I can't believe this.

IMG_1125.JPG

31 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Can someone please say this BS isn't real. Please!!! Tell me it's Photoshop. I can't believe this.

IMG_1125.JPG

It's got to be (I hope) Photoshop but I have to admit, if it was us doing it to Bama I would think it was hilarious. Unfortunately the truth hurts and we have to laugh at ourselves sometimes.   Edit: Ernie Wright passed away in December, services were before the game was played. Reception most likely due to that. Timeline of events would suggest Photoshop. 

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

It's got to be (I hope) Photoshop but I have to admit, if it was us doing it to Bama I would think it was hilarious. Unfortunately the truth hurts and we have to laugh at ourselves sometimes.   Edit: Ernie Wright passed away in December, services were before the game was played. Reception most likely due to that. Timeline of events would suggest Photoshop. 

Ok...I'm good now. But dang that's sad that he passed.

Just now, AUsince72 said:

Gotta admit...even an SEC "West" banner is lame.

I thought so at first but after thinking that this was real I said ok maybe it isn't so bad.

Just now, WFE12 said:

I thought so at first but after thinking that this was real I said ok maybe it isn't so bad.

Definitely not as bad as Peach runner up but it's still (literally) "SEC Runner Up".

Meanwhile Legatron went on the Pawl Finebaum show and talked about us being the state champs while bammer were the national champs. A lot of people were triggered of course. I myself didn't like the comment. It's something to be happy about but I won't go bragging about it to our rival that won the whole shebang even if it the game was questionable.

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

IMG_1125.JPG

It's definitely Photoshop... sloppy Photoshop at that.

No one should downplay the 2017 Iron Bowl win.  I'm still proud of that game as well as the regular season UGA game.  All the stars had to line up and a popularity contest won for UAT to make the playoff.  No way that should have happened.  I loudly and proudly remind any goober that mentions the MNC that one team already beat both of those groups of knuckle-draggers....the game on January 8 was for 2nd & 3rd place.....

14 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Meanwhile Legatron went on the Pawl Finebaum show and talked about us being the state champs while bammer were the national champs. A lot of people were triggered of course. I myself didn't like the comment. It's something to be happy about but I won't go bragging about it to our rival that won the whole shebang even if it the game was questionable.

Didn't really mind that much, but it would have been more accurate if he'd allowed for a split "championship."

e.g., I think South was also 2-0 instate.

On 4/10/2018 at 5:39 PM, WFE12 said:

WE WON the damn Iron Bowl! They got their ass kicked so I don’t get Auburn fans discounting the accomplishment based on something we had no control over. Maybe it should read “Auburn 26 National Chumps 24”

Hey,  the greatest part is that it's left a sour taste in real Bammer fan's mouths.  They have mixed emotions.  They're obviously happy with their 10 millionth NC, but when Auburn fans remind them who won the IB, they cringe.  I love it.  They can't brag too much and it's killing them.

11 hours ago, autigeremt said:

WE WON the damn Iron Bowl! They got their ass kicked so I don’t get Auburn fans discounting the accomplishment based on something we had no control over. Maybe it should read “Auburn 26 National Chumps 24”

Just because I won't brag about it doesn't mean I'm discounting it. Like I said it's something to be proud of.

53 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Just because I won't brag about it doesn't mean I'm discounting it. Like I said it's something to be proud of.

When I reminded my daughter (bless her heart) of the AU/UA outcome, she (of course) reminded me of UA's later NC success, but she also delivered the 6-pack (IB bet) upon her next visit.

Who won?

I don't think any of us.....well ALL of us anyway.....are discounting the victories over thUga or uat.

It's just that it was an odd end to the season and, some would say, such an "Auburn Thing" that on a year AU beats them both, THEY get the rewards.  ...and for good measure they share.  ThUga gets the SEC and bammer the Natty.  :dead:

To understand us who are dubious of the achievement think of it like this...  You kick this guy's butt to earn your dream girl's awe and admiration.  You take her to the prom... maybe even have a good time.  But, then wth?  She dumps you AT the prom and leaves for the after party WITH the guy you whupped previously.  So to make yourself feel better you try to take it out on some Poindexter only to have him give you a wedgie in front of the whole school.

That was the 2017 season...

A lot of Auburn people I talk to discount it like it never happened because of the overall outcome. 

I won't even consider it. Take a great player from most good teams (and even great teams) and they will struggle against good/great competition. We were snake bit and the Peach Bowl was a result of it. 

This ol boy reminds bama fans regularly on beating bama. Beating bama is something very few teams get to crow about. We did it and i guarantee you I am not nor will I be silent. As for the two losses to end the season our running backs were just beat down.js was playing hurt. There were a bunch of folks playing injured and a lot of the team was sick with the flu and or some kind of stomach bug. Yes it was tough but that is part of the game.

State champs is something to be proud of... However, beating your rivals once every four years to win it isn't something to be proud of. SEC West champs is something you tell recruits, not hang a banner for "#notchampionshipmentality"!!

Archived