2021 5* UNC Transfer C Walker Kessler (4/12/21: Commits To AU!)

AuburnArch13

1 minute ago, fredst said:

@aubiefifty, if you could post an article about burgers that would be a huge value-add. Like real, objective burger content....

I don’t mean anything personal by my statement, just find it quite silly sometimes conversations are constantly tried to be pointed back on topic while others have 10page side track with absolutely nothing to do with original topic. And certainly don’t want to see fifty, who is trying to bring relevant content, feel chastised for doing so. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

I don’t mean anything personal by my statement, just find it quite silly sometimes conversations are constantly tried to be pointed back on topic while others have 10page side track with absolutely nothing to do with original topic. And certainly don’t want to see fifty, who is trying to bring relevant content, feel chastised for doing so. 

I wasn’t trying to be nasty, honestly, just being a smart aleck. No harm, no foul 👊🏻 I have to admit, I’m enjoying the burger thread though here in the slow season

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

the last thing i want to do is mess up the board. i might just kick back and let the big boys do it. i get upset enough with myself double posting when i miss an article on at least page one.i guess it is the getting old and watching yourself slip. i guess i will smoke on and save the worl of skyrim for a while.

this definitely isn't me saying you shouldn't add articles. and you are correct in it largely being an inactive board outside of concentrated activity in a couple threads. I don't really have an answer, but I'd just say post interesting articles to you and leave it to the staff's discretion

• Like 3

Meanwhile, a standing ovation for Steven Pearl's master stroke. Eating a burger with one hand, while conducting a Zoom call for the ages with the other, sealing the deal for Sir Kessler to become an Auburn Tiger. :bow:

Edited by slyinsocal
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/15/2021 at 5:45 PM, toddc said:

Ewing would know. He’s a mentor to Kessler. He’s trained Kessler since Kessler was in the fifth grade. Ewing has been by Kessler’s side throughout his recruitments, both out of high school and the transfer portal.

^Quoted from the article.^

So, Kessler has a handler. This seldom works out well. Let's hope this time is an exception.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So, Kessler has a handler. This seldom works out well. Let's hope this time is an exception.

Normally this would bother me as well but the fact that his father was an excellent player and knows the ins and outs of NCAA basketball puts me more at ease (maybe it should make me *more* anxious)

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i do not appreciate being talked to like el does. i address a problem and i get i am a whiner and apparently think i deserve special treatment. i have probably posted a couple of thousand articles over the years trying to help. i have never expected special treatment but i do expect to be treated with respect even if i went over your head to complain. so i told el what he could do which means i will be gone soon. i just wanted to thank you for your support and let folks know what happened when they do not see me.

You're taking everything as it's a personal attack on you. It's a simple policy for almost EVERY message board that if something is posted twice there's no point for the second thread so that second one will be deleted or moved. Good job with posting articles but if someone beats you to it, then you shouldn't complain that it got moved or say something about not reading every post. The Basketball forum has about 6-7 active threads at any given time. It's not that hard to look to see what has been posted and what hasn't.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Most elite recruits do. They come in different forms

And it really isn't a bad idea so long as the "handler" is someone the kid and his family trust. It helps to have a more experienced party along for the ride to help the recruit sort through what's real and what's BS. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

Uncle (1st), father (2nd), and brother (3rd) all go to uga. I'd say he never goes to UNC or Auburn without the family friend's guidance.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, slyinsocal said:

Uncle (1st), father (2nd), and brother (3rd) all go to uga. I'd say he never goes to UNC or Auburn without the family friend's guidance.

Great point

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mikey said:

OH LOOK Mikey is here everyone. WOO HOO PARTY TIME BABY!!!!! ........ 🙄 😬 🤥

michael-keaton.gif

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

OH LOOK Mikey is here everyone. WOO HOO PARTY TIME BABY!!!!! ....

You bring your crack pipe and whatever you load into it and I'll bring my President Ronald Reagan mementos and Maker's Mark whisky.  We'll light a campfire somewhere in that big swamp out west of Farmville Church on road #72. Bring a gun. Alligators have taken to reproducing out there and the population is getting quite numerous.

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, Rednilla said:

And it really isn't a bad idea so long as the "handler" is someone the kid and his family trust. It helps to have a more experienced party along for the ride to help the recruit sort through what's real and what's BS. 

Many times the handler has his own interests at the front, the kid's best interests lagging behind. You've been around recruiting enough to have seen that over and over. Maybe that's not the case here. If not, then this is the exception rather than the rule. It goes way back to before Peaches and Calloway, and continues unabated today.

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Many times the handler has his own interests at the front, the kid's best interests lagging behind. You've been around recruiting enough to have seen that over and over. Maybe that's not the case here. If not, then this is the exception rather than the rule. It goes way back to before Peaches and Calloway, and continues unabated today.

What was in that article that caused you to start throwing around that this Ewing guy is a bad influence and could cause problems with Kessler? I imagine the majority of these kids that make it to D1 sports have some type of mentor in their lives that have helped them along the way. Just because there are bad examples out there of adults who use the kids for personal gain does not mean it’s the rule or majority of situations. And why you immediately jump to the “handler” label is very odd to me. I don’t see how someone can read that article and their first thought is oh this Ewing character sounds shady. 

I think you get way too must crap on this board but takes like this one aren’t helping. 

Which one of you even know even one fact about Peaches and calloway? It's funny with some people they are called handlers and others they are called mentors......

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Which one of you even know even one fact about Peaches and calloway? It's funny with some people they are called handlers and others they are called mentors......

I knew Peaches when he was a kid does that count????

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Maybe you and Peaches can reunite:

• Love 2
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, gravejd said:

What was in that article that caused you to start throwing around that this Ewing guy is a bad influence and could cause problems with Kessler? I imagine the majority of these kids that make it to D1 sports have some type of mentor in their lives that have helped them along the way. Just because there are bad examples out there of adults who use the kids for personal gain does not mean it’s the rule or majority of situations. And why you immediately jump to the “handler” label is very odd to me. I don’t see how someone can read that article and their first thought is oh this Ewing character sounds shady. 

I think you get way too must crap on this board but takes like this one aren’t helping. 

I've seen problems with handlers, mentors, whatever one wants to call them in the past. Maybe it's ok in this situation but I'm always leery when there's a "kindly uncle" who is taking care of the decision making.

On 4/18/2021 at 6:28 PM, augolf1716 said:

It's crazy the stuff people will take as fact and run with it.  As much stuff as everybody gets wrong about recruiting, and coaching searches and all that other stuff, you'd think people would think about that. 

And how many athletes do you see that don't have somebody helping them? I can't think of too many, there's always a friend or coach or something. Most must don't get talked about

9 hours ago, cole256 said:

It's crazy the stuff people will take as fact and run with it.  As much stuff as everybody gets wrong about recruiting, and coaching searches and all that other stuff, you'd think people would think about that. 

And how many athletes do you see that don't have somebody helping them? I can't think of too many, there's always a friend or coach or something. Most must don't get talked about

I agree even in my day I got guidance from my HS golf coach as well as my golf instructor from Florence about attending certain schools. They just were not called handlers back then

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Paladin said:

Love this quote soooooo much. 

• Like 1