Leaving Early

auburn4ever

Well, the Bills played really well last week and I think the Packer fans are actually going to be pretty excited about this game, so I'll be leaving about 30 minutes earlier than I originally planned.

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Chip Lindsey

Hey, that’s my man crush, but I totally agree.  He will be the scape goat for Gus if the season turns out to be disappointing. 

12 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Hey, that’s my man crush, but I totally agree.  He will be the scape goat for Gus if the season turns out to be disappointing. 

He is the OC and also the QB coach....if the offense is not clicking, it's on him...otherwise. why pay him close to million a year?  

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

He is the OC and also the QB coach....if the offense is not clicking, it's on him...otherwise. why pay him close to million a year?  

Ok 64, I’ll take the bait...is he really the OC? I mean, really?..

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

What I’m saying, in so many words, is since Gus is here for the long term Gus will take the opportunity for a fresh start and a new OC to quell concerns.  It might be totally the right thing to do, but Gus’ choice to replace the OC will be very interesting.

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

The Arky offensive delay of game penalties and time outs should let you know.

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

What I’m saying, in so many words, is since Gus is here for the long term Gus will take the opportunity for a fresh start and a new OC to quell concerns.  It might be totally the right thing to do, but Gus’ choice to replace the OC will be very interesting.

If then ... Go get Dan Enos.

2 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Yes he really is the OC and really does call the plays...  game planning I done between Gus Chip Horton and Kodi.

and yes I know this as pure fact not speculation.  

Gus gives suggestions on in game adjustments and say for instance the next drive let’s open up with a deep shot or we need to establish the run this next drive.   Or if a safety may be baiting the QB or corners jumping routes... basically what a head coach is supposed to do.  

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Yes he really is the OC and really does call the plays...  game planning I done between Gus Chip Horton and Kodi.

Gus gives suggestions on in game adjustments and say for instance the next drive let’s open up with a deep shot or we need to establish the run this next drive.   Or if a safety may be baiting the QB or corners jumping routes... basically what a head coach is supposed to do.  

Good to know! ?

4 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

Dan Enos is a very good QB coach and play called but I don’t think he and Gus would work very well together.  Just my opinion.  I think Enos will want to go somewhere at his next stop to get total control over the O

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Dan Enos is a very good QB coach and play called but I don’t think he and Gus would work very well together.  Just my opinion.  I think Enos will want to go somewhere at his next stop to get total control over the O

Agreed, but he would definitely improve the QB issues.

10 minutes ago, corchjay said:

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

If we look for a change which I don’t think we will I would say the first call would probably go out to Freeze

I will take your word for it corch

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The Arky offensive delay of game penalties and time outs should let you know.

Gus called the TOs when Chip did not get the plays in....and yes , absent some actual proof, I'm saying that Chip is calling the plays and also coaching JS.  

I figure Gus decides whether to go for it on 4th or kick FGs but one play to the next,  my money is that Chip is calling the plays considering that the offense does not look like what Gus was calling back when he was an actual OC.    Maybe they are trying to accommodate JS and his limitations but they are not running a Gus type offense.  

1 hour ago, ChltteTiger said:

Jarrett S.

Respectfully, I hope so.  His limited running ability doesn't fit at Auburn, and his arm has regressed from last year.  Hopefully, we'll have Kelly Bryant dual-threatening opposing defenses next year, and Stidham will be playing for Lane Kiffin at FAU.

18 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

Dan Enos is a beast which is why I can’t ever see him being hired here. He has the best job right now anyhow. He probably wants to be a HC again.

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

If Auburn loses today, I'd say we all leave early and join the NE Patriots bandwagon. ?

*chiefs

Someone mentioned Hugh Freeze to replace Chip Lindsey.  To me, that's a great thought.  Freeze will be just about be "rehabilitated" by then.  He's smart and innovative, and if we don't get him, Saban might.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

*chiefs

Thought about the Bucs (since they're local to me) but then I remembered.... Winston *blech* is back...

So, sure, I'll go with the Chiefs!

34 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Agreed.

I can’t see Chip staying unless we start dropping 40 points per game and the OL pulls a complete 180

Who should we hire if Chip goes

8 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Agreed.

I can’t see Chip staying unless we start dropping 40 points per game and the OL pulls a complete 180

Who should we hire if Chip goes

Honest answer...

If CCL doesn't work, nobody "else" will.

Back to something I suggested in a more appropriate thread, Gus should hire or promote a Co-HC to help with the CEO/Admin responsibilities and just go all Spurrier and BE the OC again.

Then he needs to make up his mind... Air-Raid or Wing-T? ...then recruit accordingly.  Enough of this schizophrenic offensive identity already!!

Archived