Is Gus coaching for his job against A&M?

AUght2win

On 10/23/2018 at 7:49 PM, Win4AU said:

Nope and I expect Auburn to beat Texas A&M.  If I’m Gus this is the most important game of the season.  This is the coach that kept me from the National Championship.  I expect Gus to coach his best game of the season.  If he gets a chance to pour it on he probably will.

You need to put the glue down and breathe fresh air. 

1) I do not expect us to win. I expect us to lose to CJF by about 2 scores if we score late. CJF knows CGM playcalling and has beaten him before.

2) We just lost to Pruitt and he has close to zero talent on the field. 

3) I expect us to have a pretty gritty win against Liberty.

4) I do not see us being close in the UGA and bama games. 

5) I see us getting to the Bham Bowl at 6-6.

6) I wont be shocked if he stays or goes, but the decision may be more on who is available as a Coach. 

7) CGM has lost the team, the players individually, and he has certainly lost the fan base. 

8) This season is very indicative of CGM as a coach. I think he took the year off. He almost always has a bad year after signing an extension. 

9) I want him gone because I see nothing this year that is in any way indicative of the talent quality of the team we have. 

10) I and many more see no players developing under CGM, especially the QB position.

11) Our OL is the Joke of the SEC. Against MSU, they flat quit on AU. There are videos circulating around AU Boosters where UT simply had more desire than we did. Their DL would get to JS no matter how many blockers we had in the box. There is one really telling one where we outnumber UT 7:4 in the box and they get to JS before he ever has a chance to set up.

12) I think the entire fan base is tired of the CGM Formula.
ALWAYS call the Gadget Play inside the Red Zone. Never use a power play, because they DO NOT demonstrate your prowess to out-think your opponent.
ALWAYS be a poor Inside the Red Zone Team.
ALWAYS have a third quarter where we are consistently outplayed and usually lose the game in that quarter.
ALWAYS play the 4th Quarter hanging on for dear life because
ALWAYS come out flat as a pancake in the third. 
ALWAYS use the Gadget Play when the situation needs a power play, RED ZONE OR NOT.
ALWAYS call a bad "Nascar" play after a first down and
ALWAYS have us behind the chains on 2nd and 3rd down.
ALWAYS fail to develop a QB. 

I think CGM is a great guy, and ministry is his thing. He is not a great Offensive mind anymore. He is stubborn and word is in the coaching ranks is that coaches that see him often enough just learn his schtick so well that he has no real chance against them long term. He is good for a great win every so often.

Personally, I will leave the room during the third quarter, its either that or end up an old drunk screaming at the tv for the hapless play calling and the complete lack of focus. I am one of the biggest sunshine pumpers on this forum. I have no more sunshine for CGM.  He has played and called and coached himself into this mess. I and many many more think he is way too stubborn to make the adjustments needed to correct the situation. If that werent true, we would not have losses to a very mediocre MSU and to woefully bad UT.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

10) I and many more see no players developing under CGM, especially the QB position.

...to be fair, it's really just on the offensive side that the payment seem to become stagnant or regress.  Of course, thats even more of an indictment of who is in charge of that side of the ball.

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

7) CGM has lost the team, the players individually, and he has certainly lost the fan base. 

Agree with most of what you said but not certain of this yet. They did come out and win on the road against Ole Sis. I’m interested to see how they appear Saturday. 

11 hours ago, Rednilla said:

You do realize that Auburn defeated #1 ranked UGA in 2017, right?

11 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

Yeah, I meant '15 and '16. 

Don't forget we also got beat by UGA in 2017. Now, it's debatable how much business we had winning that game, but we probably should've put up more than 7 points on a team that we hung 40 on just a few weeks prior. 

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

3) I expect us to have a pretty gritty win against Liberty.

I laughed, I cried... this line had it all. 4 stars.

Disagree on first part, agree on second.

9) I want him gone because I see nothing this year that is in any way indicative of the talent quality of the team we have. 

What Bird said.

To everything else...

Image result for testify gif

3 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

11) Our OL is the Joke of the SEC. Against MSU, they flat quit on AU. There are videos circulating around AU Boosters where UT simply had more desire than we did. Their DL would get to JS no matter how many blockers we had in the box. There is one really telling one where we outnumber UT 7:4 in the box and they get to JS before he ever has a chance to set up.

12) I think the entire fan base is tired of the CGM Formula.

#7) CGM has lost the fan base, and I believe it's a total loss at this point with no recovery.  But RuninRed tells us that Gus' little tantrum on the sideline that garnered him 15 yrd penalty actually ingratiated him much closer to his players.  They saw a "spark" in CGM - - hahaha!  It took the man how long to visibly get fire in his ass and show some energy on the freaking sideline? What a joke.

#11)  I agree, the players quit in the MSU game and "appeared"  to go soft in both the MSU/UT games - they were getting man handled in the trenches on both sides of the ball.  Zero adjustments on the Defense in the MSU game was totally unacceptable IMO.  There was a very noticeable lack of focus, attention to detail, energy and will power to do their damn job.  Tons of loafing, weak tackling, intentionally out of position, lack of enthusiasm in those games.  

#12)  AMEN BROTHER!

I'm eager to see what these players do in JHS on Saturday morning because mental toughness has never been a solid trait of a CGM AU team.  

15 minutes ago, keesler said:

#7)   But RuninRed tells us that Gus' little tantrum on the sideline that garnered him 15 yrd penalty actually ingratiated him much closer to his players.  They saw a "spark" in CGM - - hahaha!  It took the man how long to visibly get fire in his ass and show some energy on the freaking sideline? What a joke.

I'm eager to see what these players do in JHS on Saturday morning because mental toughness has never been a solid trait of a CGM AU team.  

If you have to fake a 15 yard penalty to show your players 8 games into the season that you give a damn...I have no words for that...everyone i know that saw it thought the same thing: it was for the cameras.

How it goes against TAMU will tell a lot. But after losing to MSU and UT, does anyone in the fanbase really Give a Damn?

4 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

8) This season is very indicative of CGM as a coach. I think he took the year off. He almost always has a bad year after signing an extension. 

It appears that Gus is coaching burnt out this season.  I’m not sure if his heart is in it.  If true, how does he get that fire back in his belly?  He seems to be a reactionary coach. He does not seem to get fired up until the team is fired up. 

5 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

Agree with most of what you said but not certain of this yet. They did come out and win on the road against Ole Sis. I’m interested to see how they appear Saturday. 

I think Mikey has got a hold of your account lately. I DO NOT LIKE IT!!!! This is not the OnThePlains we know. We came out and won vs the 200 something ranked defense?!?!? WOOOO! STRIKE UP THE BAND! lol. SNAP OUT OF IT! haha.

who.gif

2 hours ago, keesler said:

It took the man how long to visibly get fire in his ass and show some energy on the freaking sideline? What a joke.

This times infinity to the power of infinity.  He doesn't have to go all Muschamp, but yeah.

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think Mikey has got a hold of your account lately. I DO NOT LIKE IT!!!! This is not the OnThePlains we know. We came out and won vs the 200 something ranked defense?!?!? WOOOO! STRIKE UP THE BAND! lol. SNAP OUT OF IT! haha.

who.gif

Lol well I’m just trying so hard to find something positive Gwill. That said if I could fire Gus myself I’d do it right now.

19 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Lol well I’m just trying so hard to find something positive Gwill. That said if I could fire Gus myself I’d do it right now.

#OnThePlains4AD

3 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

If you have to fake a 15 yard penalty to show your players 8 games into the season that you give a damn...I have no words for that...everyone i know that saw it thought the same thing: it was for the cameras.

How it goes against TAMU will tell a lot. But after losing to MSU and UT, does anyone in the fanbase really Give a Damn?

Just like IM4AU's post below yours............CGM is a reactionary Head Coach.

He does nothing proactive, he's always reacting.  We've seen this for years and years now - the slow starts to every season, the scripted game plans at the beginning of every 1st & 3rd qtrs, to being forced to can his OC and make a change, to him literally game-planning to kick UGA/UAT's ass in JHS to not only save his job but extort the "market rate" extension and pay raise.

On this board alone, many posters complained for weeks about how little fire and enthusiasm CGM shows in live game action.  How he won't freaking take his own players to task when they repeatedly screw up in a game, how he shows little to no emotion on the sidelines. 

Then BAM!!!  Gus all of a sudden decides to grab his balls, show some spunk and he gets a 15 yrd penalty for it and people say that he's ingratiated himself to his players because of it?  I'm calling bullcrap on that notion.  Players won't go from slacking off and loafing week after week in a game and then turn into savages ready to knock down a brick wall for their HC all because of one isolated blowup by their HC.  

As to your last statement, I actually do Give a Damn about the rest of this season and the future of this program.  At the same time, I've been apathetic for quite some time and it pains me to say I have zero faith that CGM has what it takes to become an elite level HC in the SEC.

8 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I see us getting to the Bham Bowl at 6-6.

I actually don't think the SEC will have enough teams to fill this or the independence bowl, especially if Ole miss wins enough as they are on bowl ban this year.  We will likely be Belk or Music City with 6 or 7 wins. 

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I actually don't think the SEC will have enough teams to fill this or the independence bowl, especially if Ole miss wins enough as they are on bowl ban this year.  We will likely be Belk or Music City with 6 or 7 wins. 

I do. Alabama, us, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, MSU, Missouri, USCe, and TAMU should all go bowing. Maybe Tennessee as well.

By the way fellow Auburn Fam. Washington fell out of the top 25 this week. How the mighty have fallen where we are getting excited that we may actually go to the music city or belk bowl over the Toilet Bowl in that God forsaken structure in Bham. hahahahaah man this football season bloooooooooooooooows. Thank God Cam is  balling out and so is Aaron Rodgers. I can at least enjoy that! lol. 

cam.gif

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

By the way fellow Auburn Fam. Washington fell out of the top 25 this week. How the mighty have fallen where we are getting excited that we may actually go to the music city or belk bowl over the Toilet Bowl in that God forsaken structure in Bham. hahahahaah man this football season bloooooooooooooooows. Thank God Cam is  balling out and Aaron Rodgers. I can at least enjoy that! lol. 

cam.gif

So what you are saying is Washington wasn't actually a quality to win. Well, we still beat two #1 teams last year. Does that still work?

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

So what you are saying is Washington wasn't actually a quality to win. Well, we still beat two #1 teams last year. Does that still work?

It only works for 2 or 3 certain posters that are the last few remaining on the Short Bus Gus Bus! hahaha.

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

We beat a top 6 team then. No care.

23 hours ago, keesler said:

Just like IM4AU's post below yours............CGM is a reactionary Head Coach.

He does nothing proactive, he's always reacting.  We've seen this for years and years now - the slow starts to every season, the scripted game plans at the beginning of every 1st & 3rd qtrs, to being forced to can his OC and make a change, to him literally game-planning to kick UGA/UAT's ass in JHS to not only save his job but extort the "market rate" extension and pay raise.

On this board alone, many posters complained for weeks about how little fire and enthusiasm CGM shows in live game action.  How he won't freaking take his own players to task when they repeatedly screw up in a game, how he shows little to no emotion on the sidelines. 

Then BAM!!!  Gus all of a sudden decides to grab his balls, show some spunk and he gets a 15 yrd penalty for it and people say that he's ingratiated himself to his players because of it?  I'm calling bullcrap on that notion.  Players won't go from slacking off and loafing week after week in a game and then turn into savages ready to knock down a brick wall for their HC all because of one isolated blowup by their HC.  

As to your last statement, I actually do Give a Damn about the rest of this season and the future of this program.  At the same time, I've been apathetic for quite some time and it pains me to say I have zero faith that CGM has what it takes to become an elite level HC in the SEC.

Is it a new rule that grabbing your balls is a 15 yard penalty now? I missed that somehow.

20 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

By the way fellow Auburn Fam. Washington fell out of the top 25 this week. How the mighty have fallen where we are getting excited that we may actually go to the music city or belk bowl over the Toilet Bowl in that God forsaken structure in Bham. hahahahaah man this football season bloooooooooooooooows. Thank God Cam is  balling out and so is Aaron Rodgers. I can at least enjoy that! lol. 

cam.gif

Gwill for once in your life will you please quit holding back and tell us how you really feel?😕

Archived