QB Tyree Jackson looking to transfer

PigskinPat

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with my bro @HarrisBoy334, bring Jackson on. The more talented QBs the better IMO. 

He's going to be the most polished guy the moment he walks into the facility (if he comes) just by virtue of being a grad transfer. Gus favors experience over all and I suspect that this kid is similar to what our staff saw in Joey Gatewood's potential except they won't have to wait for 3 years for him to mature into a D-1 starting QB

I don't want to force Gus to use what he's got right now at the expense of winning. I could see how the sink/swim situation of him making his own bed is appealing, especially when we all want Gus gone -- but I think this kid would increase our chances of winning games next year. Not sold on Malik's bad reads, Joey G's zero snaps, Cord remembering how to play football, or a true freshman as being positives for us going into next year at QB.

I'm intrigued with a guy who's that size/athleticism with a rocket arm and 3-4 years of coaching under another staff. I just am. *shrug*

If none of the quarterbacks that we have, being all four stars and some should be 5 stars, are capable of Taking AU to the championships, then Gus needs to be fired today for either his lousy ability to judge players or his total  lack of ability to coach them. I doubt to many teams have four guys that are as high rated as these four coming out of high school on their roster.

37 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

If none of the quarterbacks that we have, being all four stars and some should be 5 stars, are capable of Taking AU to the championships, then Gus needs to be fired today for either his lousy ability to judge players or his total  lack of ability to coach them. I doubt to many teams have four guys that are as high rated as these four coming out of high school on their roster.

Our last two QB coaches are now at SMU and Kansas....Just for the record.    And JMO but "developing a QB"  does not mean sending a recent HS graduate to play against SEC defenses right away.   Sometimes you have to do that but it's not ideal and I hope it's not necessary with Nix. 

I am so sick and tired of watching every single topic on every single Auburn board get ruined by people that want to bash Gus. It is getting Old. 

As far as this quarterback, Gatewood and he can do the same thing But has less experience. 

Just now, gr82b4au said:

I am so sick and tired of watching every single topic on every single Auburn board get ruined by people that want to bash Gus. It is getting Old. 

As far as this quarterback, Gatewood and he can do the same thing But has less experience. 

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5c250fde376457776b

1 hour ago, thrustmaxwell said:

Et tu, @aujeff11?  Why would you (2) wish their careers to be ruined?

2018-12-27 10_35_23-QB Tyree Jackson looking to transfer - AU Football Forum - AUFAMILY Forums.png

Ruin? So just not recruit anybody at all? Are you this upset with Nix? NCM? Maybe you should go after tbe fans that pay money to watch Gus “ruin” QBs while you’re at it.

gosh, your pretty pink heart is laden with a heavy burden these days. 

4 hours ago, Sizzle said:

I think when people say "develop a QB" they don't even fully know what that means. They just repeat what somebody else said 

At a minimum, it means they leave as a better QB than they were when they got here.  If people don't know what it means, it's probably because they've never seen that happen at Auburn. (but, but, but, Nick Marshal....lol)

10 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Ruin? So just not recruit anybody at all? Are you this upset with Nix? NCM? Maybe you should go after tbe fans that pay money to watch Gus “ruin” QBs while you’re at it.

gosh, your pretty pink heart is laden with a heavy burden these days. 

Yes, I'm extremely angry Gus ruined NCM and other other players career he has ruined by lack of development and misuse.

You sound like you're happy with mediocrity, unfortunately for me I am not.

Just now, thrustmaxwell said:

You sound like you're happy with mediocrity

You’re hilarious. Never change, AUfamily. 

Just now, oracle79 said:

At a minimum, it means they leave as a better QB than they were when they got here.  If people don't know what it means, it's probably because they've never seen that happen at Auburn. (but, but, but, Nick Marshal....lol)

In my football aware lifetime I have only seen Ben Leard, Jason Campbell, and Chris Todd end their careers as tangibly better QBs than they started out. This obviously goes beyond Gus but the QBs that Gus gets are rated very highly and sought after, and maybe I'm a prisoner of the moment, but seems like he's doing less with more than should be tolerated.

5 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

This has to be the most commonly misspelled word on the board, rivaled only by misuses of “to”, “too”, or “two”! 

"Tubberville" used to be a good one

46 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Our last two QB coaches are now at SMU and Kansas....Just for the record.    And JMO but "developing a QB"  does not mean sending a recent HS graduate to play against SEC defenses right away.   Sometimes you have to do that but it's not ideal and I hope it's not necessary with Nix. 

:bow:      And just for record, our current QB coach is a 28 yr old from the Memphis coaching ranks with a couple of yrs experience in the AAC conference.  I do not want to see Nix thrown to the wolves as a TrF QB behind this line with a not so reliable running game.

38 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

The ignore feature works well for weeding out the idiots! The only time that you will see their posts are when they are quoted or if you’re not logged in. It makes this board a little more tolerable. 

16 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

This has to be the most commonly misspelled word on the board, rivaled only by misuses of “to”, “too”, or “two”! 

And "should of", "would of", "could of".......grates on my grammar nerves when I see this.  

The debate has been if we want him or not.  The first question is does he want us?  What do we offer to help him develop?  What are his goals with transferring?  Winning, exposure, development?

14 hours ago, cctiger said:

I think that Gus ought to go with who he has on the roster now. His recruiting highly rated QB's and then looking for a transfer every,or every other year is just pitiful and a waste of scholarships!  Almost as bad as looking for OL transfers. He needs to get off his lazy butt, and get hot on the recruiting trail, and DEVELOP the one's that he has given a scholly to! That sucker has just flat-dab not done the job that he was hired to do! RECRUIT and DEVELOPE! I could also throw in the lack of surrounding himself with QUALITY assistants in certain positions. But that's another story for another day.....

I have a feeling alot of Bo's abilities can be attributed to his father. JMO.

18 minutes ago, keesler said:

:bow:      And just for record, our current QB coach is a 28 yr old from the Memphis coaching ranks with a couple of yrs experience in the AAC conference.  I do not want to see Nix thrown to the wolves as a TrF QB behind this line with a not so reliable running game.

Touche!

20 minutes ago, keesler said:

true....has about the same experience as the previous QB coaches but at least will not be "burdened" with worrying about calling the game plan and should be able to concentrate on coaching the QBs...even during a game. .    

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

true....has about the same experience as the previous QB coaches but at least will not be "burdened" with worrying about calling the game plan and should be able to concentrate on coaching the QBs...even during a game. .    

I thought Dilly was supposed to offer up a selection of 2-3 plays during the game and Gus will choose which one he wants?  Like he did with Norvell.

Does Dilly plan to coach from the booth or the sideline? 

If he's dialing up plays for Gus to choose from, then the booth would probably be better, but if he's strictly coaching QBs during a game and not worrying about play calling, then the sideline may be better so he'll have direct contact with his QBs.  

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

What other Auburn boards do you frequent?

I'm addicted to this place and rarely ever visit other AU boards.

Archived