***Music City Bowl — Game Thread***

abw0004

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a line for Slayton!  3 catches, 3 TDS, and 160 yards. All in the first half. Where was that all season?!?  Needed this from him all year long, but happy he can produce today. That is an incredible line!

... I don't even know what to say. I decided to just work today because I didn't have any hope for this game or even football with Malzahn still at the helm. I'm absolutely shocked and dumbfounded. 

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Heck yeah, I'll gladly eat my crow about this game. What happens next year is still up in the air. But at least this game leaves me optimistic

Who are you and where is A2E?!

Also I saw where our 56 points in the first half is the most points scored in a first half of any bowl game. EVER. 

That's insane. Why couldn't we play like this all season?

I don't have the numbers, but it seems to me we threw it deep more in that first half than we did the last 4-5 games combined.      It's inevitable that Stidham comes out of the game early in the 2nd half (i would expect).  I just hope whomever Malzahn puts at QB will be allowed to run the entire offense.  We need to be a team that doesn't have to restrict play selection based on who takes the snaps.  Leave the playbook open

I've got a couple of buddies who are Purdue grads, just got a text from one "Gus has no class, up by six TD's and still throwing...."  I guess he has no idea how s***ty our season has been, I can't even enjoy a blow out in the bowl game.  

For those not here...AU band playing "I Will Survive"...recognizing cancer survivors... 

Just now, PowerOfDixieland said:

I've got a couple of buddies who are Purdue grads, just got a text from one "Gus has no class, up by six TD's and still throwing...."  I guess he has no idea how s***ty our season has been, I can't even enjoy a blow out in the bowl game.  

Tell him, Big 10 Football. LMAO. 

1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Lol. It was the first half. What a bunch of babies. 

1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Yep...Purdue paying the price for a season of offensive frustration.    But as the ole ball coach said years ago.....it was his job to score and their job to try and stop him....and guess that still applies.

2 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

It's their defenses job to stop Gus, not Gus'.

2 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Say does anyone have count on Whitlow's rush yards? Can we still get that 1000-yd rusher?

780 yards going in to this game according to ESPN. But his long run was a screen pass, right?  

Archived