I really don’t think we’re a bad team....

tigerbrotha12

19 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I still don't realize that he is slow. 

You don't realize that great player meets great system and that is why he will be pushing for all SEC honors at the end of the season. 

No great would equal all American. And he received an opportunity that most don't get, he doesn't sacrifice his minutes with anybody. And I didn't say he was slow, what this all started from was talking defense and I said nobody on this forum has seen Brown do ANYTHING ever to come to a conclusion that he moves at a rate fatter than Dunbar, because they haven't. I'll even give you maybe he's more savvy he certainly has a bunch of experience. 

I never said he sucks he's actually a representation of this team, he's just not as good as people want him to be. That's all. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Brown reminds me of Scott Pohlman. But he plays better defense...

I said this. He's a better defender I thought Scotty was a better shooter

23 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I even recall Mike K. going out of his way to call out Harper and Brown to praise them and called them "winners" after we played Duke. Not bad for 2 middle school players and one who can't shoot, dribble, pass, play defense and is slow 😁

He really focused on Harper but keep in with the buffoonery, keep piling on things that wasn't said that shows when you look at what I actually said you have nothing. Maybe you and gene could start a joint account

7 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Our guards are the strength of our team. No other team in the sec has 2 guards that can light it up like our two. Unfortunately they can occasionally have off nights (see the last Ole Miss game; as they go the team goes. Our problem is we don't have a prominent big man. Look at the best teams in college and you will usually find a dominant big man who pushes people around an doesn't get pushed. Our big men are tall and athletic, which allows them to block alot of shots, but are not prominent scorers and get rooted out by more physical players on the boards. I feel AW could be that guy; has shown flashes, but is just too soft and injury prone at this time . BP needs to recruit towards fixing this deficiency if we are going to move up from a very good team to an elite team.

Ole miss guards can. Tennessee could too. You guys get opportunity and ability mixed up. And you're right about a big man but on this team they wouldn't get the ball. I know everybody hates me but ask @bigbird you all seem to like him pretty good

Once again don't dislike him he's just not all American, he's not one of the best defensive player in the country, he's not the best shooter ever at auburn (I do recognize he's the leading 3 shot taker and maker) me not saying that doesn'tmean I dislike him. Just like I didn't dislike samir when I said I'm not buying all the off season talk. I'll put him top 5 two guards in the country if he's on the right system. I don't hate him I just feel like most of you are just being fans instead of looking that he's a 2 guard slightly undersized that can shoot but can't create for himself and others. If he was a point guard and the same player but had a great handle he'd be a NBA player

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Once again don't dislike him he's just not all American, he's not one of the best defensive player in the country, he's not the best shooter ever at auburn (I do recognize he's the leading 3 shot taker and maker) I'll put him top 5 two guards in the country if he's on the right system. I don't hate him I just feel like most of you are just being fans instead of looking that he's a 2 guard slightly undersized that can shoot but can't create for himself and others. If he was a point guard and the same player but had a great handle he'd be a NBA player

Good call on walking back a bit from the silly critiscm. I think 98% of folks on here would agree with this post. 

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

I even recall Mike K. going out of his way to call out Harper and Brown to praise them and called them "winners" after we played Duke. Not bad for 2 middle school players and one who can't shoot, dribble, pass, play defense and is slow 😁

@cole256  said he  wasn’t comparing their talent to middle school and high school players. I read it that way and think anyone else could have read it that way as well, but he said that’s not the way he meant it. 

He disagrees with me and some others on how to rate BROWN, it is what it is. But I enjoy his takes in basketball knowledge, so let’s not turn this into some kind a bash on Cole thread, I wasn’t trying to attack his credibility, just disagreeing on basketball observations on our starting guards.

1 hour ago, JwgreDeux said:

@cole256  said he  wasn’t comparing their talent to middle school and high school players. I read it that way and think anyone else could have read it that way as well, but he said that’s not the way he meant it. 

He disagrees with me and some others on how to rate BROWN, it is what it is. But I enjoy his takes in basketball knowledge, so let’s not turn this into some kind a bash on Cole thread, I wasn’t trying to attack his credibility, just disagreeing on basketball observations on our starting guards.

I'm sticking up for Brown not you. He is an AU man and i'll go to bat for our players any time and place when i think they are being unfairly criticized or put down. 

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Ole miss guards can. Tennessee could too. You guys get opportunity and ability mixed up. And you're right about a big man but on this team they wouldn't get the ball. I know everybody hates me but ask @bigbird you all seem to like him pretty good

1. I don't hate you or anybody else for having their own opinions.  2. My analysis of this team is accurate. I know a whole lot about bball. If you disagree with my assessment, that's fine. And bigbird and I usually agree on most everything, but he does have a bird brain so he's not always right.😉

35 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Once again don't dislike him he's just not all American, he's not one of the best defensive player in the country, he's not the best shooter ever at auburn (I do recognize he's the leading 3 shot taker and maker) me not saying that doesn'tmean I dislike him. Just like I didn't dislike samir when I said I'm not buying all the off season talk. I'll put him top 5 two guards in the country if he's on the right system. I don't hate him I just feel like most of you are just being fans instead of looking that he's a 2 guard slightly undersized that can shoot but can't create for himself and others. If he was a point guard and the same player but had a great handle he'd be a NBA player

You're going to drive yourself nuts if you're going to try to talk the fan out of people on this board bro. Football or bball side. 

4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

You're going to drive yourself nuts if you're going to try to talk the fan out of people on this board bro. Football or bball side. 

I just state what I see. Im not ever going to talk people out ofliking a guy but when we start talking about the actual game....nah you not going to tell me this is one of the best players nationally, I understand we are just now getting respectable again but everybody have to start watching basketball again because it's not even close

8 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

1. I don't hate you or anybody else for having their own opinions.  2. My analysis of this team is accurate. I know a whole lot about bball. If you disagree with my assessment, that's fine. And bigbird and I usually agree on most everything, but he does have a bird brain so he's not always right.😉

Cool, some of the stuff was accurate but other things aren't. Most guards don't have a green light to shoot whenever they want. Most guards will have to sit down if they took shots our guys take. If they were able they could light stuff up too but you sacrifice for the team

. I wrote what I wrote as far as bird because we have already discussed a few times how our guards will wave off our big men when they are wide open and have established position. Our big men get shots by working their butts off and getting offensive rebounds then they shoot. Pearl has mentioned this on a few occasions. Hence if they passed more they wouldn't shoot as much. Other guards don't make the right pass and shoot a 3 they get benched. Our guys get to shoot more 3's than most guards get to shoot an entire game period.

I know a good bit about basketball myself, but we don't have to agree. It's more of an opinion so I don't guess we can just say what I say is accurate unless we post something to back it up. 

And if you are agreeing with @bigbird usually you are agreeing with me because he just takes my posts and post them as his own!

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

I'm sticking up for Brown not you. He is an AU man and i'll go to bat for our players any time and place when i think they are being unfairly criticized or put down. 

Haven't ever put him down as far as criticism I haven't told a lie on him yet. Haven't said he did something he didn't. You should probably stop taking stuff personally. I've seen you have stuff to say about players, maybe they're not your favorite. I'm an AU man myself....sometimes we forget that

2 hours ago, gravejd said:

Good call on walking back a bit from the silly critiscm. I think 98% of folks on here would agree with this post. 

I'm not walking back from anything, and nothing I said is silly. I'm just pointing out when I say he's not the best in something I'm not saying he's the worst in it either. Evaluating is never about either/or. There are different levels in this just like there's different levels of the game of basketball itself

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

I said this. He's a better defender I thought Scotty was a better shooter

I saw Pohlman play, and I think Brown is a little better shooter than Scotty.  I went back and compared their career stats, and they are darn close, but Brown takes twice as many 3pters and STILL has a little better avg.

I do agree Brown is not one of the top 2 guards in the country, but he is close. If he was better w/ his dribbling he could have been one of the top ones. 

I love him, seeing him gain confidence since his freshman year...and being a good defender too. 

14 hours ago, cole256 said:

I'm really trying to be cordial with you.....you play the role well, you can swoop down and tell somebody they're wrong but you're not to humble on conceding you were wrong.....don't be fake on a board....pick one....I don't care which person you pick but don't be scary because you want to be liked.....that's so childish

I don't back down period. Everything I say I'll look you in your face and say, the only thing that's clear is you misinterpreted words and instead of saying my bad I THOUGHT this is what you meant you're TELLING me what I meant which is a clown move to make. The basic qualifications is size. That's what I'm talking about, their size. You can try to make it whatever you want but you can't change I was talking about their size. 

Instead of highlighting all the other stuff you could've just highlighted the one sentence

"With our roster the starting perimeter players has size equivalent   to athletes I faced in mid dle school"

Now it can't get more plain than that. If you didn't comprehend that, it's not my fault. Now from this you will have people come like your stuff. I'll send you a message of their names before they do it to show you how lame it is. It's not because what you said made any sense though. This post here that you wrote is pitiful.

Now as far as basketball I'll say he's a good shooter. Great no. He wouldn't start for half of the teams in our league no he's not close to being an all time great. He's not better than the last few shooting guards we've had. If you want to pretend this system didn't make him go ahead and do that. 

And yes I said bring him off the bench for strategy, you said doughty should be starting. You've said quite a few things actually....but it's your opinion. But please don't ever try to act like I don't stand by what I say.....you just look in the mirror and focus on yourself

He wouldn't start for half of the teams in our league .....  THAT IS TROLL TALK, or talk of one who knows nothing of basketball.  Why do they let you get by with your mess on here?  I would spend a whole lot more time in here but you make it too much like al.com .  One more time, we are all AU fans and i could expect the trolling mess from other fan bases, but we are all supposed to be Tiger Fans.  Does that mean we agree on everything?  No, but it does mean we don't dog each other.  We have the courtesy to agree to disagree and not troll each other. Come on Cole, show some class.  Stop the arguing and trolling up and down our threads

32 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Cool, some of the stuff was accurate but other things aren't. Most guards don't have a green light to shoot whenever they want. Most guards will have to sit down if they took shots our guys take. If they were able they could light stuff up too but you sacrifice for the team

. I wrote what I wrote as far as bird because we have already discussed a few times how our guards will wave off our big men when they are wide open and have established position. Our big men get shots by working their butts off and getting offensive rebounds then they shoot. Pearl has mentioned this on a few occasions. Hence if they passed more they wouldn't shoot as much. Other guards don't make the right pass and shoot a 3 they get benched. Our guys get to shoot more 3's than most guards get to shoot an entire game period.

I know a good bit about basketball myself, but we don't have to agree. It's more of an opinion so I don't guess we can just say what I say is accurate unless we post something to back it up. 

And if you are agreeing with @bigbird usually you are agreeing with me because he just takes my posts and post them as his own!

Yea we're not far off and Bird is mainly on this site for two reasons: steal other people's thunder and for Golf's amusement.

48 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I just state what I see. Im not ever going to talk people out ofliking a guy but when we start talking about the actual game....nah you not going to tell me this is one of the best players nationally, I understand we are just now getting respectable again but everybody have to start watching basketball again because it's not even close

You know how this board is. If any of our teams are good you'll always see people say "we have the best X in the country." Remember when Chizik or even Gus was the best HC in the nation....until he wasn't? We also have a ton of fans who are new to basketball also. Just roll with it man. It's a beautiful thing that our program is embarking on what's looking to be the most successful period in program history and as a result people get really amped on our players. On top of that we are kicking this era off with a 5'8 PG and a 6'2 SG who was about to goto UNC-Charlotte and we already have a conference championship to show for what Bruce is building. So people say some hyperbolic things about our players' abilities -- and that's ok, no big deal. It also goes both ways as you see people down on an obviously injured Wiley.

These next few classes we can start being a little more picky about the types of prospects we bring in though IMO in which case we can have more of a right to complain about one of our starting back court players being a bit of a liability when forced to put the ball on the floor, etc.

1 hour ago, lost said:

He wouldn't start for half of the teams in our league .....  THAT IS TROLL TALK, or talk of one who knows nothing of basketball.  Why do they let you get by with your mess on here?  I would spend a whole lot more time in here but you make it too much like al.com .  One more time, we are all AU fans and i could expect the trolling mess from other fan bases, but we are all supposed to be Tiger Fans.  Does that mean we agree on everything?  No, but it does mean we don't dog each other.  We have the courtesy to agree to disagree and not troll each other. Come on Cole, show some class.  Stop the arguing and trolling up and down our threads

Stuff like this.....what teams does he start on? How about you offer that or just go away?

My bad I keep forgetting who you are....you're still mad about free throws I imagine. I'll just do this so I don't have to listen to you....I'm sorry I told you free throws disparity we have in games comes from us shooting a bunch of jump shots. I apologize for telling you the truth. There is a SEC conspiracy against Auburn. Nobody wants us to be good in basketball. Please allow the hate in your heart from being told free throw disparity is our own fault. Now you can have peace in life

57 minutes ago, Tiger said:

You know how this board is. If any of our teams are good you'll always see people say "we have the best X in the country." Remember when Chizik or even Gus was the best HC in the nation....until he wasn't? We also have a ton of fans who are new to basketball also. Just roll with it man. It's a beautiful thing that our program is embarking on what's looking to be the most successful period in program history and as a result people get really amped on our players. On top of that we are kicking this era off with a 5'8 PG and a 6'2 SG who was about to goto UNC-Charlotte and we already have a conference championship to show for what Bruce is building. So people say some hyperbolic things about our players' abilities -- and that's ok, no big deal. It also goes both ways as you see people down on an obviously injured Wiley.

These next few classes we can start being a little more picky about the types of prospects we bring in though IMO in which case we can have more of a right to complain about one of our starting back court players being a bit of a liability when forced to put the ball on the floor, etc.

Cool I don't have a problem with it, I don't think anybody should have a problem with me disagreeing. Especially if I explain it, it's not like I just quote people and say no you big dummy that's not true! I say he's not the best shooter of all time for auburn but then somehow it turns into he can't shoot! And people run with it. If people would chime in and say that's not what he said that would help just as good as the other way. 

I feel like it would be messed up if I just wrote he's trash.....then that's a problem. If I say he's average to above average and I think he benefits the system nobody should really be hurt by that. Just my opinion of course

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

I saw Pohlman play, and I think Brown is a little better shooter than Scotty.  I went back and compared their career stats, and they are darn close, but Brown takes twice as many 3pters and STILL has a little better avg.

I do agree Brown is not one of the top 2 guards in the country, but he is close. If he was better w/ his dribbling he could have been one of the top ones. 

I love him, seeing him gain confidence since his freshman year...and being a good defender too. 

I guess I didn't look at it that way. I always thought it's harder to know you're going to get 5, 7 attempts max and you have to hit them than playing and you start out cold but you know you're not getting pulled and you can shoot yourself into a rhythm. But I guess I do need to look at it that you have to hit the shot, whether you get to shoot alot or not he made the shot. I'll actually think about that.

So now we all agree we aren't really a bad team. 

15 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

So now we all agree we aren't really a bad team. 

I'll get us all started:

kum ba ya my Lord kum ba ya

Everybody join in now.

Archived