NCAA tourney thread

gravejd

Just now, around4ever said:

After Zion shoves another defender to the floor. 

Got a nice shove on the FT rebound and score too. Refs have brackets to win you know.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jared52 said:

Got a nice shove on the FT rebound and score too. Refs have brackets to win you know.

That and the tourney loses millions of viewers if Duke loses. 

4 minutes ago, around4ever said:

After Zion shoves another defender to the floor. 

I was trying to be nice but yes I agree. Had a few calls that felt like “make up” calls go dukes way at the wrong time

4 minutes ago, jared52 said:

This is what worries me about UNC, we need a Kansas type shooting night, plus more

Maybe I'm just really old and don't understand but I can't get over UCF trying to bring the house down with the stupid alley-oop. You're trying to advance to the sweet sixteen against Duke and the best player in college basketball, up 4 with only 1:45 seconds to go. I hope every young player watches that fail and remembers it the next time they try to get fancy instead of taking the easy points. SMH

9 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Maybe I'm just really old and don't understand but I can't get over UCF trying to bring the house down with the stupid alley-oop. You're trying to advance to the sweet sixteen against Duke and the best player in college basketball, up 4 with only 1:45 seconds to go. I hope every young player watches that fail and remembers it the next time they try to get fancy instead of taking the easy points. SMH

I can understand their reason, but if it’s me, I’m taking the layup or I’m pulling up and running clock. 2 possession game, less than 2 mins. The clock is your friend.

6 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

This is what I would call a complete meltdown of epic proportions 

Judge lest ye be judged 

51 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I can understand their reason, but if it’s me, I’m taking the layup or I’m pulling up and running clock. 2 possession game, less than 2 mins. The clock is your friend.

thats true and i agree with you 100% ....what i am so mad about in that game is that zion ran over the UCF defender, lowered his shoulder and no flop involved, then shoved on the FT...no call at all....refs called nothing!.....damn refs almost cost UT with a phantom foul that was so wrong it was criminal....UCF had duke on the ropes,for sure

32 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

thats true and i agree with you 100% ....what i am so mad about in that game is that zion ran over the UCF defender, lowered his shoulder and no flop involved, then shoved on the FT...no call at all....refs called nothing!.....damn refs almost cost UT with a phantom foul that was so wrong it was criminal....UCF had duke on the ropes,for sure

Not only did the refs not call it, but the announcers never even mentioned it that I can remember. That despite playing it over and over and the UCF player getting shoved about 3 feet.   That being said, a UCF win would have all but guaranteed me the office pool as 90% of them picked Duke to win it all.  

30 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

Meh, UT had just gotten a phantom, bs call on the other end too.

Charles on Kenny and the UNC game: “ We’re either gonna win, or I’m gonna beat the hell out of him on national tv”. Lol, I love charles

10 hours ago, wareagle7298 said:

Not only did the refs not call it, but the announcers never even mentioned it that I can remember. That despite playing it over and over and the UCF player getting shoved about 3 feet.   That being said, a UCF win would have all but guaranteed me the office pool as 90% of them picked Duke to win it all.  

I think coach K has lost his mojo...taken  to the wire by a team of nobodies with his top NBA draft picks ....again....depending on no -calls to get the job done like in two other games recently. . They may go all the way but it won't be because of the coaching.

That team is just bad aside from Zion when it’s clutch time. At least offensively. They left Goldwire and Jones open over half the game. RJ has bouts of supreme chucking and tunnel vision, then other moments where he doesn’t want to touch the ball. They rarely intentionally get Bolden or Reddish open. It’s a really weird team and I do also think K is washed. Unfortunately, I don’t think Roy is too good either and Tony Bennet’s offense at UVA just doesn’t work 

58 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

That team is just bad aside from Zion when it’s clutch time. At least offensively. They left Goldwire and Jones open over half the game. RJ has bouts of supreme chucking and tunnel vision, then other moments where he doesn’t want to touch the ball. They rarely intentionally get Bolden or Reddish open. It’s a really weird team and I do also think K is washed. Unfortunately, I don’t think Roy is too good either and Tony Bennet’s offense at UVA just doesn’t work 

Three top teams for certain but all seem to be good despite their system.   At least RW and TB are actually coaching their teams during the games.  MK seems to just take a seat and ask assistants to let him know when the game is over.   

Mike K has had some health problems in recent years and that's probably taken a lot of energy from him....but they have the most underutilized talent in America on that team. ..have #1, 2, 4, 11 and 37 among top 100 HS players and are almost totally dependent on one guy to enable them to win  Rest of the ACC should be quite happy with this situation.   

14 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

This is 100% why UCF lost. Yeah the refs missed a couple of calls late but make this play and it’s very different at the end. Duke could have still won but that’s miss turned into a quick Duke 3. 

The last remaining perfect bracket across all online bracket platforms has us losing this weekend fwiw:

last-perfect-ncaa-tournament-bracket-swe

23 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

The last remaining perfect bracket across all online bracket platforms has us losing this weekend fwiw:

last-perfect-ncaa-tournament-bracket-swe

I hope this person works for Berkshire Hathaway

6 hours ago, jared52 said:

This is 100% why UCF lost. Yeah the refs missed a couple of calls late but make this play and it’s very different at the end. Duke could have still won but that’s miss turned into a quick Duke 3. 

As a UCF alum I cry

39 minutes ago, wareagle7298 said:

If it counts for anything, there were 3 perfect brackets remaining Saturday evening, but only two after our game. Would love for AU to end the streak!

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/bracketiq/2019-03-25/1-ncaa-tournament-bracket-stays-perfect-sweet-16-first

And the pickers took the easy road from this point, by picking the highest seed in each game. That will bite them. 

Archived