Tuberville

bigbird

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ex-auburn-football-coach-tuberville-to-run-for-ala-senate/2019/04/06/0a0a2cd4-5893-11e9-aa83-504f086bf5d6_story.html

Ex-Auburn football coach Tuberville to run for Ala. Senate

By Zeke Miller | AP

April 6, 2019 at 1:40 PM

LAS VEGAS — Former Auburn University football coach Tommy Tuberville is joining the Republican race to win back the Senate seat from Democrat Doug Jones in 2020.

Tuberville is set to announce his candidacy Saturday, according to a person familiar with Tuberville’s decision. This person wasn’t authorized to publicly discuss Tuberville’s plans and spoke on condition of anonymity.

Republicans are trying to recapture the seat that was held by Republican Jeff Sessions, who was President Donald Trump’s first attorney general.

Jones, a former U.S. attorney, defeated ex-state Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy Moore in a special election in 2017 after the Republican candidate was accused of sexual misconduct with teenagers. Moore denied the allegations.

Already in the GOP race is Bradley Byrne, a congressman.

The primary is set for March 3, 2020.

Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Here's more from CBS Sports saying Sean Spicer will be on his campaign team. Go Tubs, Bye Doug Jones.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/tommy-tuberville-will-run-for-u-s-senate-in-alabama-with-sean-spicer-on-his-campaign-team/

If Spicer isn't on a podium talking about the crowd size of the 2005 Iron Bowl, then this is an immediate failure on all accounts.

Tubs has ran for Governor, Auburn AD and now Senator. Hard to decide which job he is more unqualified for.

13 minutes ago, CR said:

Tubs has ran for Governor, Auburn AD and now Senator. Hard to decide which job he is more unqualified for.

He didn't run for Gov, And you don't run for AD, He would be a great AD, better than the one we have now.

22 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

He didn't run for Gov, And you don't run for AD, He would be a great AD, better than the one we have now.

In what world?  Green has been nothing short of spectacular since coming to AU.

12 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

He openly campaigned for all of the above. And the idea of him being a better than Greene is laughable.

43 minutes ago, CR said:

He openly campaigned for all of the above. And the idea of him being a better than Greene is laughable.

Wrong. He NEVER campaigned for Gov. He only indicated he was thinking about running. I talked to him in person during that time, hoping he would run. He said he was still thinking about it but I could tell from knowing him a long time he probably wasn't going to. If you think otherwise provide some proof.

As far as the AD he definitely wanted the job and I'm sure he expressed that to AU officials if you call that campaigning.

Re. Greene I am not negative about him at all. I have met and talked to him. Nice guy. Tubs was more a personal preference

Tubs over Doug any day of the week, but that's not necessarily a winning ticket either way. 

I wouldn't have minded Tubs for AD, but we have Greene now and hope he becomes a top notch AD and sticks around. However, I haven't heard much about him at this point, either negative or positive. I suppose that's a good thing. 

1 hour ago, johnnyAU said:

Tubs over Doug any day of the week, but that's not necessarily a winning ticket either way. 

I wouldn't have minded Tubs for AD, but we have Greene now and hope he becomes a top notch AD and sticks around. However, I haven't heard much about him at this point, either negative or positive. I suppose that's a good thing. 

As I said earlier I have met and talked with him. Nice guy. I just haven't seem much of him at anything such as the SEC and NCAA  basketball tournaments

2 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

As I said earlier I have met and talked with him. Nice guy. I just haven't seem much of him at anything such as the SEC and NCAA  basketball tournaments

He was literally sitting right behind the bench last night at the Final Four.  Also embraced Bruce on the court after winning the Midwest Regional and the SEC Tournament.

11 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

He was literally sitting right behind the bench last night at the Final Four.  Also embraced Bruce on the court after winning the Midwest Regional and the SEC Tournament.

You gotta know why he prefers Tubs as AD. Think hard about this one. 

I was not in favor of Tubs for AD.....JMO but a guy like AG brings some breadth to the job...and is not wedded to one sport and with the issues Tubs had with some donors and trustees back in the day,  I'd rather have someone with a clean slate involving AU.  

Tubs for Senator?    How many bammers are eager to exact revenge for that six finger salute he gave them after the Iron Bowl?  

13 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

That's great. Glad to know that.

Good interview with Doug Jones.

Sen. Doug Jones on the lessons of Birmingham 1963, Christchurch 2019 and Donald Trump

Alabama's surprise senator on racial justice, the upsurge of white supremacy and how Democrats can win in 2020

https://www.salon.com/2019/04/07/sen-doug-jones-on-the-lessons-of-birmingham-1963-christchurch-2019-and-donald-trump/

7 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Tubs sounds like a Twitter troll.

Is that a notch above or below a message board troll?;D

Tubs citing his support for trump and Christian values ( oxymoron) and the leftist democrats as why he’s challenging Doug Jones. 

He’ s a worse dipshit than I originally thought. He has a long way to go to oppose Doug Jones. He hasn’t got an original thought in his head. You could train a monkey or a chicken to vote opposite democrats. We need someone who will work for us and try to unify the divide. Doug is doing that already. Tuberville and his platform is not the answer. It’s part of the problem. 

3 hours ago, alexava said:

Tubs citing his support for trump and Christian values ( oxymoron) and the leftist democrats as why he’s challenging Doug Jones. 

He’ s a worse dipshit than I originally thought. He has a long way to go to oppose Doug Jones. He hasn’t got an original thought in his head. You could train a monkey or a chicken to vote opposite democrats. We need someone who will work for us and try to unify the divide. Doug is doing that already. Tuberville and his platform is not the answer. It’s part of the problem. 

Cool story bro!

9 hours ago, alexava said:

Doug is one of the many overseers of the Democratic plantation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2019 at 10:57 PM, Proud Tiger said:

uuuuhhhh....no.

Archived