#13 in coaches poll, #10 in AP poll

AuburnTiger4Life

The Graduate Assistant's Poll Coaches Poll continues its tradition on ignoring on field results. Long live the AP Poll. 

Florida is still ranked too high :bs:

Also, I've never understood why when one team barely beats the other they get further separated. So if #15 beats #10 why would #15 shoot up to #10 and #10 fall to #15ish. Shouldn't that just be where you admit one team was under ranked to begin with? This is how rankings get so flawed. I firmly believe we shouldn't have any rankings until after week 3 (after week 1 at the absolute earliest).

Loved the MSN.com headline "Auburn Skyrockets Up Poll!" All the way from 16 to 13.

Put it this way - if every team ranked ahead of us had played like they did week 1  but with Oregon as their opponent, the Ducks would probably have beaten the tar out of 4 or 5 of them. Beating Oregon right now is like "oh that's nice" across the country but if they beat Washington in October their only loss IMO will be to us and the selection committee CHAIRMAN is Oregon's AD.

Just saying...

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Also, I've never understood why when one team barely beats the other they get further separated. So if #15 beats #10 why would #15 shoot up to #10 and #10 fall to #15ish. Shouldn't that just be where you admit one team was under ranked to begin with? This is how rankings get so flawed. I firmly believe we shouldn't have any rankings until after week 3 (after week 1 at the absolute earliest).

Completely agree. If a #25 team were to knock off a #15 team with a last second field goal, those teams would just about switch places in the polls. That makes no sense to me. From the game, it seems obvious those teams are just as good as one another and should be much closer in the rankings. 

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Florida and Mich both too high in my opinion. Im not an A&M believer either, but we will see after this week. Even if they were to beat Clemson, they will still lose 3-4 games imo. ND too high as well, but their schedule is weak compared to many.

• WarTiger changed the title to #13 in coaches poll, #10 in AP poll
5 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Notre Dame is # 8 in the AP poll......because why?

C'mon you know they love some ND. 

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

Lol they struggled with Louisville until Louisville had like 3 unforced turnovers.

2 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Loved the MSN.com headline "Auburn Skyrockets Up Poll!" All the way from 16 to 13.

Put it this way - if every team ranked ahead of us had played like they did week 1  but with Oregon as their opponent, the Ducks would probably have beaten the tar out of 4 or 5 of them. Beating Oregon right now is like "oh that's nice" across the country but if they beat Washington in October their only loss IMO will be to us and the selection committee CHAIRMAN is Oregon's AD.

Just saying...

I saw on one poll we were #6 but being old I can't remember what poll it was. I will try and find it. I thought that was a little too optimistic at this point but who knows where we will wind up, I hope its #1. : -)

WDE !!!

2 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

They were overrated  before playing Louisville and after that game should have moved down.  The good news is they actually are going to play a few real teams this year so I believe you will see them drop fast. 

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

They were overrated  before playing Louisville and after that game should have moved down.  The good news is they actually are going to play a few real teams this year so I believe you will see them drop fast. 

They are always overrated......ND hasn't been a great team in decades, and they play in a weak conference. . They never have to earn their initial rankings. It's given to them for no apparent reason and then they lose their way out of the top 10.  It makes no sense at all. 

11 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

They are always overrated......ND hasn't been a great team in decades, and they play in a weak conference. . They never have to earn their initial rankings. It's given to them for no apparent reason and then they lose their way out of the top 10.  It makes no sense at all. 

They haven't won a NCG or NY6 game in like 30 years

Archived