Vols players bailing out on Pruitt

AU64

8 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

I lived in Chattanooga for a couple of years, and I loved it. It's a beautiful city and the people were very nice. I don't mind the Vols, and I hate to see them in such disarray. But I don't hate that Pruitt is a failure.

I think Karma came to visit him.....

I also think this whole notion of their success being intertwined with ours is laughable. That may have been the case over thirty years ago now, but let’s look at our records during the other’s most recent NC season:

1998 Auburn: 3-8

2010 Tennessee: 6-7

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, AUwent said:

I also think this whole notion of their success being intertwined with ours is laughable. That may have been the case over thirty years ago now, but let’s look at our records during the other’s most recent NC season:

1998 Auburn: 3-8

2010 Tennessee: 6-7

I don’t think our success is tied together but it sure would be nice if UT was as tough an out for bama as UGA is for us...

20 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Fat Phil is still a big problem for UT, imo. He will be until he kicks the bucket.

And unfortunately, I suspect he'll be UT's next HC...

On 9/26/2019 at 9:09 AM, abw0004 said:

Wayna Morris 5* OT

If he transferred now he could anchor our line next year, right?

3 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

And unfortunately, I suspect he'll be UT's next HC...

before this season is over ? :dunno:

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

before this season is over ? :dunno:

If they don't turn it around, could be.  I'm not calling that shot though. 

However, I remember he was fit to be tied when they let him go and ironically (?) he's weaseled his way into the job that LET him go so, it ain't a stretch.

28 minutes ago, looney said:

I believe so yes

On 9/28/2019 at 1:58 PM, looney said:

He would have to sit next year. Don't think he is getting any waivers despite the dumpster fire

26 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

He would have to sit next year. Don't think he is getting any waivers despite the dumpster fire

I was thinking there was something related to 4 appearances in games and redshirting... thereby allowing a transfer to play the following year.

Am I way off? (Likely.)

2 minutes ago, looney said:

I was thinking there was something related to 4 appearances in games and redshirting... thereby allowing a transfer to play the following year.

Am I way off? (Likely.)

If he has played 4 games or less, he can enter the transfer portal and sit a calendar year. I think you’re correct. The rule was enacted last year. @Mikey or @ellitor may know better than us. 

2 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

If he has played 4 games or less, he can enter the transfer portal and sit a calendar year. I think you’re correct. The rule was enacted last year. @Mikey or @ellitor may know better than us. 

A player can enter the transfer portal at any time. From the moment they transfer they have to sit out a year barrig a waiver or graduating. If a player has played four games he likely has to sit up 4 games the next season if he has transferred.

On 9/26/2019 at 8:45 AM, McLoofus said:

My thought exactly. Didn't they beat us for a tackle we wanted badly? 

Wanna Morris I believe who was a 5 star recruit. That would be nice to get him indeed. This would take some of the sting out of last year's loss to them

On 9/26/2019 at 11:02 AM, Barnacle said:

he Florida PTB have made the opioid laws so strict it's actually hard to get them

yeah 72, i am afraid that things are going to get rough because i,also, depend on loritabs to walk around, that and celebrex, muscle relaxer and gaberpentin....i don't like it and swore them off many times, except i found out that i can take them and walk or i can not take them and sit right here in pain......the entire situation is due to the same chemo regiment that you took and will get worse it appears....they want folks like us dead anyway and you know what i mean by that

17 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

yeah 72, i am afraid that things are going to get rough because i,also, depend on loritabs to walk around, that and celebrex, muscle relaxer and gaberpentin....i don't like it and swore them off many times, except i found out that i can take them and walk or i can not take them and sit right here in pain......the entire situation is due to the same chemo regiment that you took and will get worse it appears....they want folks like us dead anyway and you know what i mean by that

I’ve been going to the pain clinic since 2003 after triple fusion and bad joint pain and they have cut my meds down 2/3rds since 2017., hurt all the time. It sucks and they make you feel like you’re a criminal or something. The people who abused pain meds are the criminals, not those who need them to have a life. Sorry, I’m hurting bad today! 😆 

1 hour ago, doverstutts said:

1 hour ago, toddc said:

I’ve been going to the pain clinic since 2003 after triple fusion and bad joint pain and they have cut my meds down 2/3rds since 2017., hurt all the time. It sucks and they make you feel like you’re a criminal or something. The people who abused pain meds are the criminals, not those who need them to have a life. Sorry, I’m hurting bad today! 😆 

Amen Brothers!

12 hours ago, doverstutts said:

12 hours ago, toddc said:

11 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Amen Brothers!

I'm so sorry, guys. 

I'm not in your shoes but I'm no fan of big pharma. I work at a hospital and I get pretty pissed every time I see a hot young 20-something get out of a luxury SUV with a little rolling suitcase. They put a lot of effort into over-medicating this country and they have created suffering on a massive scale and on many different levels. It's infuriating that you all- those who least deserve additional suffering- are affected. 

55 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm so sorry, guys. 

I'm not in your shoes but I'm no fan of big pharma. I work at a hospital and I get pretty pissed every time I see a hot young 20-something get out of a luxury SUV with a little rolling suitcase. They put a lot of effort into over-medicating this country and they have created suffering on a massive scale and on many different levels. It's infuriating that you all- those who least deserve additional suffering- are affected. 

I get the other side of the opioid problem and run a Christian ministry helping people overcome addiction and alcoholism. The problem is the overreaction by the government, and doctors worried about losing their license.

11 minutes ago, toddc said:

I get the other side of the opioid problem and run a Christian ministry helping people overcome addiction and alcoholism. The problem is the overreaction by the government, and doctors worried about losing their license.

I can't imagine how frustrating that is for you. That you getting the meds that you actually need isn't the top priority. You guys shouldn't be the collateral damage. 

My dad is the biggest UT fan on the planet and he's willing to give Pruitt years to clean it up. He says the program is a mess and needs stability from Phil and Pruitt and thinks they'll get it.

His patience is sort of shocking to me, actually.

On 10/1/2019 at 8:49 PM, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

My dad is the biggest UT fan on the planet and he's willing to give Pruitt years to clean it up. He says the program is a mess and needs stability from Phil and Pruitt and thinks they'll get it.

What makes him think JP is cleanings it up, especially after this incident? 😝 

On 10/1/2019 at 8:49 PM, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Work mate, UT fan, said exactly the same thing.

23 hours ago, AUGoo said:

Work mate, UT fan, said exactly the same thing.

There has to be SOME progress made from year 1 to year 2 (if you go 5-7 in year 1, that is). TN fans had every right to expect 6-7 wins this year IMO. Say what you will about Mr. Champion of Life, they constantly improved a little bit each of the first three years he was there. And for a half a season in his fourth year it looked like they had turned a corner...and then that god-knows-how-many-OT loss to A&M happened, and it was all downhill from there.

(Not that I'm complaining...you think Wanya would've chosen Tennessee if he knew this would happen?)

On 10/1/2019 at 10:06 AM, McLoofus said:

I can't imagine how frustrating that is for you. That you getting the meds that you actually need isn't the top priority. You guys shouldn't be the collateral damage. 

I can relate. Fell in 2017 and had Severe broken hip-broke leg in three places-torn ligaments in knee. Three surgeries and 8 months of PT. I also have nerve damage in lower back that causes severe pain every minute of every day. Haven’t had pain meds in months. I thank God that I can walk. Prayers up for you guys and all that understand that kind of daily pain. God Bless. 

15 minutes ago, WarTim said:

I can relate. Fell in 2017 and had Severe broken hip-broke leg in three places-torn ligaments in knee. Three surgeries and 8 months of PT. I also have nerve damage in lower back that causes severe pain every minute of every day. Haven’t had pain meds in months. I thank God that I can walk. Prayers up for you guys and all that understand that kind of daily pain. God Bless. 

I've dealt with long term sciatica. I'm very sorry for your condition. You can't understand chronic pain until you've had it.

Archived