Florida - Game Thread

dyehardfanAU

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess who’s coming to dinner - Reality. It is what it is. Auburn sh/t the bed. Deal with it. They either learn and grow or collapse. Either way, life goes on and Gus’ buyout shrinks. 

Nix may have laid a huge egg today, but in his defense, he should have been pulled after that 2nd pick or at least one of those bonehead scrambles. 

I don't care about his ego. Kid's gotta learn somehow. 

So...how many wins does Gus need to stay?

I don't mean to upset anyone, it just bears asking. His tenure has been dying a slow death since 11/8/14.

Just now, gr82be said:

5 but we tried our best to catch up. 

Five!?!? Five!?!? There is no way we have lost before after forcing 5 turnovers.

7 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Great job Gus. You gotta kid in there with deer in the headlights syndrome now. He's completely lost. You still won't put in Gatewood.

You deserve this loss.

I called it, I said try Gatewood at half. I am not down on Bo, it just wasn´t his day. It´s on Gus to know when to make a change and he never did. We had no offensive game plan coming in to today´s game.

This moment was just too big for Bo.  I am not sure that the staff or fans have done him any favors.  Hopefully he learns from this.  Humbling moment for a young man that has been riding high for quite some time.  

4 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Bo has to take some of this on his shoulders as well. This is a team loss

I love Bo and have been one of his biggest fans but A LOT of this was on him. The play calling and the OLine have not helped him but he has made horrible decisions during the course of this game. If he hits Williams instead of over throwing him we win this game. If he throws the ball away instead of throwing a pick we probably win this game. If he doesn’t take that huge third down sack we probably win this game. He looked like a true freshman in a moment too big for him. I wouldn’t have been mad to see Joey but at the same time you would have been putting him in a horrible situation. In the BYE week things need to be re-evaluated on the entire offense. Most of our skill guys didn’t even see the field. This entire thing has been pathetic. 

1 minute ago, Farmer Brown said:

No Gatewood. Dumb dumb dumb. Don't even give him a chance. We need a QB coach. Ever QB that comes here regresses, except the defensive back, named Nick Marshall, and a freak athlete named Cam. 

Sad isn’t it. 

We would be talking about this defensive masterpiece if we could only get a pedestrian offensive showing today

Just now, tigerrules said:

This moment was just too big for Bo.  I am not sure that the staff or fans have done him any favors.  Hopefully he learns from this.  Humbling moment for a young man that has been riding high for quite some time.  

I sure as hell haven’t been gassing him up. 

1 minute ago, tigerchris said:

When you go with a true freshman at QB, you have to accept all the mistakes and growing pains that he will bring to the team.  It doesn’t matter if he’s all pro talent. 

Gus should have had another option other than a redshirt Freshman with little to no experience. It’s all on Gustav. 

Can we stop with the 'Prodigy' BS, now? The freshman showed up. Nothing to do with game plan, play calling or personnel. Overthrown passes, ints, happy feet and DBs who couldn't cover me.

Plain and simple 

6 minutes ago, Tiger said:

There have been tooooo many completely inept games from our offense through the post 2014 Gus era. So while Bo's mistakes ultimately did us in today these type of games where we can't muster **** offensively is far too common

You must've forgotten 2014 uga game. Gus has been doing this since almost the beginning. Its covered 5 quarterbacks, many of whom were highly rated.  Its def Gus.

Archived