I'm done.

TitanTiger

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, rophle said:

You still done, or no?

I’m happy for the win and know Gus will be back so I’ll support him. But the issues that brought me to this position aren’t necessarily gone after one game. If they don’t get addressed we’ll be right back here next year. 

7 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I’m happy for the win and know Gus will be back so I’ll support him. But the issues that brought me to this position aren’t necessarily gone after one game. If they don’t get addressed we’ll be right back here next year. 

I believe you’re telling the truth, but I don’t think all the Gus haters feel this way. Most would rather the program fail so we will have to make a change. 

after the Iron Bowl, my opinion of Gus has shifted some. He has earned the right for another year. Next season will make or break him. We could surprise everyone and win 8-10 games or we could flounder around with a  6 -6 record. TAMU is in worse shape than we are by far. They literally emptied most of the bank to get Jimbo away from FSU.  If I had to pick between Jimbo and Gus, I would have to go with Gus at the moment.  If we had lost to Lsu 48-7 and pretty much everyone else on their schedule that they lost to, Gus would be on the street corner looking for a new job currently.  If he can win the bowl game with a 10-3 season, he deserves the 2020 season.

I have not been a huge Gus fan for the past years, but a win over bammer does shed a new light on the situation.  I want Auburn to win every game we play in the worst sort of way regardless who is on the sideline coaching the game. If I had to give Gus a letter grade for the 2019 season, I would give him a C+.  If you would have told me that we would have scored 48 points against bammer, I would say you were crazy. We did it and that deserves my respect for the team and coaching staff. Gus outcoached little Nicky on several occasions and this surprised the heck out of me.

33 minutes ago, rophle said:

You still done, or no?

why do you care? What is the point of your post?

Just now, ChltteTiger said:

why do you care? What is the point of your post?

Just asking a question; what’s the point of any post? 

4 minutes ago, rophle said:

Most would rather the program fail so we will have to make a change. 

You don't have anything to base this ridiculous assertion on.

Gus will be back. He did benefit from 14 pts chipped in by Kevin Steele's group BTW.

It is undeniable that the kids are playing hard for him and never quit. They are in his corner, and that is a positive thing.

He has to fix some glaring issues on offense, and he'll lose many key players from that stellar D unit he's wasted for two years and figure out how to rebuild that OL.  

I hope he figures it out for a whole season, rather than a few decent games. 

7 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Ed Zachary. He’s going to get a season review, he should get yet another chance to correct his shortcomings next year. If it’s same ol’ same ol’, which isn’t unlikely, then we can retread these topics. 

What definitely needs to happen is that Grimes should be replaced ASAP and take a long look at Kodi. 

6 minutes ago, rophle said:

I believe you’re telling the truth, but I don’t think all the Gus haters feel this way. Most would rather the program fail so we will have to make a change. 

No.  

Many think the team would be better served with a better coach.  Saying people want the program to fail is hyperbolic nonsense. 

8 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

You don't have anything to base this ridiculous assertion on.

5 minutes ago, AURealist said:

No.  

Many think the team would be better served with a better coach.  Saying people want the program to fail is hyperbolic nonsense. 

Have you all been paying attention to all the negativity and posts since we lost a few games?

Auburn is 3 passing turnovers (from Nix) to being a 1 loss team at most. Auburn had some growing pains with a true freshman QB on the road. Even with the game plan simple Nix still made some freshman errors.  IMO how Nix does next season will be a great indicator of the future of the program under Gus.

1 minute ago, rophle said:

Have you all been paying attention to all the negativity and posts since we lost a few games?

Not really.  I'm fairly new here, so I don't know enough to make blanket statements about what other people think.  

7 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

IMO how Nix does next season will be a great indicator of the future of the program under Gus.

To some degree Nix progress will certainly potentially help Gus. The main person who can help Gus though is Gus. Do we need to rehash how stubborn he is??

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Doesn't listen to all the free advice from here does he? The man coached a great game last night. 

Yes he did. It was a big game but.. its one game.

1 minute ago, ChltteTiger said:

Yes he did. It was a big game but.. its one game.

A little more than one game my Chltte. Ask some folks from other areas of the country. Time for a certain "dynasty" to end. 

Can we just enjoy the win without folks provoking arguments? He's not going anywhere it appears so no point in continuing the bickering until the issues arise again,  which I'm fairly certain as history dictates,  will happen again. 

Gus coached a better game by far than he did the Lsu, UF, and Uga games. With some better play calling, we could have won one or 2 of those games.  Florida was the game that we just fell short and with a little better coaching, we could have won this one. If we would have played a better game against Lsu & Uga, those could have been wins as well. Just win the bowl game and all will be close to being forgiven imho.

I'm absolutely appalled that people think that yesterday is a game where you can say I told you so if you're a Gus apologist.....you really think that game is an example to use?  I mean post whatever you want but......😂

8 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Gus coached a better game by far than he did the Lsu, UF, and Uga games. With some better play calling, we could have one or 2 of those games.  Florida was the game that we just fell short and with a little better coaching, we could have won this one. If we would have played a better game against Lsu & Uga, those could have been wins as well. Just win the bowl game and all will be close to being forgiven imho.

You're a forgiving soul, indeed, Doc, if beating Wisconsin gets you back on the Bus. 

Personally, I think wins like this one reinforce Gus' high opinion of his own opinion that he doesn't really need to change anything, but maybe tweak a few things and he's on the track to the NC.  Which means we'll meet back here next year around this time and have this same conversation again....  

Who is saying "I told you so?" I think we all see things about Gus we aren't happy with. Some people want to run him out of town now. Some want to wait and see what happens. Difference of opinion. But most are very happy that we beat Bama in such a heartbreaking fashion for them.

I’m with Titan. I’m happy despite the vitriolic attacks I’ve received from two posters since the win. I just fear the same issues we had this year will crop up again next year. Yes, we can win 10 games and with our schedule its a “successful” year...but, you can’t help but think about what could’ve been if our offense had shown up in just 2 of the 3 other games.

All that said, I NEVER want this program to fail. I hugged and cried with my son last night as we celebrated and thought of Rod and Paula. Question my fandom or Titan’s or Gwill or bird or anyone else that has criticized Gus if you want but you’re way off base.

You won’t hear anything critical from me for a long while. Am I confident Gus will turn the corner after this? Not really but I’m more than willing to see what happens and back off the negative comments. 

I love Auburn, have since I was 8. No, I didn’t graduate from Auburn. Attended in 97-99 but graduated later from Troy. One of the vitriolic posters who decided to attack me in DM’s seems to think that makes me less of an Auburn guy. Maybe it does I don’t know. I do know I’ve cried, yelled, celebrated and supported Auburn all my life. I love it. I love the Auburn Family. There was no part of me that wasn’t fully invested in Auburn winning that game last night. I can’t help if some of you doubt that. 

War Eagle friends...

Archived