I'm done.

TitanTiger

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Really had an outside hope that Auburn twitter would have exploded this morning.......

Imagine the saved drafts that all the beat writers and bloggers have ready to go. 

I’ve been done since LSU. I watched part of the UGA game then went outside, came back in for the ending. Just tired of seeing this same old boring offense. Fire him and make Auburn football exciting again.

2 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

I’ve been done since LSU. I watched part of the UGA game then went outside, came back in for the ending. Just tired of seeing this same old boring offense. Fire him and make Auburn football exciting again.

My last glimpse of hope for the year died in the LSU game.  It isn't that I expected to run the table this year, but I did expect to see an offense that plays with passion the entire game and not only in the last quarter/2 min. It seems like Gus' strategy is to be basic and hope that the other team tires enough to pull out a win.  That is the only game plan I can see week in and out.  We had some dumb mistakes this game, but the play calling didn't help.

27 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I know who @bigbird is, as well as who other knowledgeable people are here.  Who are you again?

Acts 19:15...couldn't resist!! 🤣🤣🤣🙏🙏🙏🙌🙌🙌

Titan does NOT equal the speaker...🎶

26 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I know who @bigbird is, as well as who other knowledgeable people are here.  Who are you again?

Just anonymous fan on a message board like everyone else on here. Just because I don’t post much doesn’t mean I don’t know anything; but, I don’t expect you to hold my opinions any higher than I hold yours. 

1 minute ago, rophle said:

Just anonymous fan on a message board like everyone else on here. Just because I don’t post much doesn’t mean I don’t know anything; but, I don’t expect you to hold my opinions any higher than I hold yours. 

The difference is, there are people on this board who aren't "like everyone else here."  They actually have connections to folks who know what's going on behind the scenes at Auburn.  There are perhaps even a couple who *are* folks who have at least some say in what's going on behind the scenes at Auburn.  So what we're telling you is, when someone like bigbird says something, he's not just pulling it out of his ass or stealing it from the likes of Brandon Marcello.  He's probably got some pretty good info.

Now these situations can be fluid and nobody has a 100% track record of inside info.  But when certain people speak up, I pay attention rather than imply they are just repeating message board gossip.

13 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

It's something I've heard from more than one person I trust, as well as seen alluded to on the Bunker.

So hearsay and the Bunker are as good as facts for you?  Note......you stated it as if was a fact.

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

So hearsay and the Bunker are as good as facts for you?  Note......you stated it as if was a fact.

No.  Word from sources that have been reliable in the past, corroborated by unaffiliated people on the Bunker (among other places).

And I simply stated it with that level of confidence.  I never said it was a fact.  You done being pedantic?

17 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

The difference is, there are people on this board who aren't "like everyone else here."  They actually have connections to folks who know what's going on behind the scenes at Auburn.  There are perhaps even a couple who *are* folks who have at least some say in what's going on behind the scenes at Auburn.  So what we're telling you is, when someone like bigbird says something, he's not just pulling it out of his ass or stealing it from the likes of Brandon Marcello.  He's probably got some pretty good info.

Now these situations can be fluid and nobody has a 100% track record of inside info.  But when certain people speak up, I pay attention rather than imply they are just repeating message board gossip.

Fair enough, I’m not getting into a who knows who pissing match; but someone I trust said he wasn’t as close to getting fired last year as most people think and also there’s just a slim channce he’s fired this year. 

1 minute ago, rophle said:

Fair enough, I’m not getting into a who knows who pissing match; but someone I trust said he wasn’t as close to getting fired last year as most people think and also there’s just a slim channce he’s fired this year. 

Ok.  Maybe lead with that next time rather than implying someone is just passing off Marcello tweets as inside info.

11 minutes ago, rophle said:

Rumors swirling around before the season is even over has become an AU tradition.  The odds vary from time to time, but most folks realize a change needs to be made and folks are tired of running this line out longer, it's time to cut bait.

1 hour ago, creed said:

LOL...so much for a guarantee. :jossun:

Eh good thing I didn't place any monetary value on my claim. It'd have been almost as fiscally irresponsible as signing Gus Malfunction to a $7M a year contract with a $49M buyout lol.

On 11/17/2019 at 1:55 PM, caleb1633 said:

BLUF: Retaining him may cost more than firing him now and paying the buyout.

People are looking at the price tag of firing Gus from a very shallow perspective. Realistically, he's getting about the same amount whether he's coaching for Auburn or not. Yes, we will have to pay another coaching staff to come on board, but the cost of retention could be even greater than paying a new staff when you consider the differential of how much we'd lose in ticket sales, merchandise, etc. vice how much monetary value a good coaching staff would bring to the university. Coaches like Saban and Dabo bring in enough money to pay their salary multiple times over. It would be a short-term loss for a much higher chance of long-term gain. We know Gus is not going to produce. We're missing out on having a staff in there who at least has a chance of boosting revenue. It's a waste of money to keep Gus.

FSU provides no better an example of this. Average attendance at FSU this year was 54,019 butts in seats. In a 79,560 seat stadium. That is a bitter pill. Not just for the school but for the surrounding merchants. This would be about 59,466 folks a game in Jordan Hare. 

On 11/16/2019 at 6:49 PM, Browning4AU said:

I'm all for getting a new coach and have been since the end of last season. Even though those numbers aren't good, who's got a better resume in the SEC? 

On another note, AU deserved to lose the game. Whether it be inept play calling or inept execution, they deserved to lose. At the same time, does anyone else think there was something fishy in the game? I will state when the refs make bad calls but won't say a team loses because of bad calls (most of the time). Are we really going to sit here and pretend that there was conclusive evidence to overturn the SW catch? What about the no call on the obvious facemask that happened on Bo? Most importantly, what the hell was the ref yelling at Gus and another assistant saying something that sounded like, "They can't keep playing that s***ty ball!!!"?

I don't think this is about who has a better record in the SEC than Gus against those teams...that fact of the matter is it is not a good record...period.

As for the refs in this game and the previous games, this year has been the worst year in my memory for officiating...they are just not good.  The reality and bottome line is we can't do anything about the refs...but we can do something about the coaching.

16 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

FSU provides no better an example of this. Average attendance at FSU this year was 54,019 butts in seats. In a 79,560 seat stadium. That is a bitter pill. Not just for the school but for the surrounding merchants. This would be about 59,466 folks a game in Jordan Hare. 

Trust me, FSU is doing even worse than that in attendance. I live in Tallahassee and my work literally can't give away it's FSU tickets. The only game where people at my office were clamoring for the tickets was the Miami game. Otherwise, nobody cares. I even got messaged on the side for two different games and asked if I wanted them and everyone I work with knows I'm an Auburn grad. Same goes for my wife's work, she works for a TV station and they can't even give them away to local businesses who buy commercials. When they don't want them they get offered to the people at the station. Nobody wants 'em! 

17 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

To be fair, that was happening at FSU back when Jimbo Fisher was there before the 2013 natty.

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Seems to me that Jimbo made his fortune on Jameis….good but not great  coach before J arrived....and same after he left....most of which was before Clemson rose to power.  JMO but sucked TAMU into a substantially worse contract than AU is trying to deal with.    And of course Clemson has benefitted from the weakest ACC in my memory.  Timing really matters in coaching success.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2019 at 5:29 PM, TitanTiger said:

Fire him tonight.  Make Steele interim.  Go get Cristobal or Bob Stoops for next year.  Tired of seeing inept offense from a guy hired to field dynamic offenses.  Whether it's a failure of recruiting, evaluation, play calling, game planning or some of all of it, it's just not working and it's not going to get better.

EDITED TO ADD:  

Two points of clarification since people don't read context...

1.  I'm not done with Auburn, I'm done with Gus.

2. This was posted when we were down 21-0 and looking left for dead.  I fully realize that won't happen after we made it a game.

Carry on...

You still done, or no?

Archived