I'm done.

TitanTiger

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

It is a well-known fact that our boosters nearly paid the buyout last year to get him fired. What I understand is that only one booster stood in the way of making it happen. Just because it isn't official news released by the athletic department doesn't mean it didn't happen. I'm sure there are many on this board who can confirm what I have stated.

It was well-known speculation; not fact. How many people that we’re gonna  actually write the checks came out and said they wanted him gone?

14 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Yeah, I hear you and have no doubt you're actually right.

I just can't understand "their" way of thinking, that being the case.

But again, I believe you're right.......unfortunately. 

Are y'all saying that they'll wait to decide after the IB, or wait to pull the plug after the IB?

I'm wondering if waiting a year might be better if it means we can afford someone better than Steele.

11 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Are y'all saying that they'll wait to decide after the IB, or wait to pull the plug after the IB?

I'm wondering if waiting a year might be better if it means we can afford someone better than Steele.

Well, only speaking for me, I honestly believe that if the P'sTB didn't have enough after '17 Clemson & LSU (2.0 & UCF was obviously too late), the entire 2018 season & UF, LSU & now thUga (again) this year then....

I just have no clue how brilliant millionaire brains work otherwise I'd BE one of them.  I'd like to say they're smart with their money but Gus' 2017 contract flies in the face of that logic.

I'm just..... Homer Simpson, I guess....

15 minutes ago, rophle said:

It was well-known speculation; not fact. How many people that we’re gonna  actually write the checks came out and said they wanted him gone?

It might not have been publicized, but it was gonna happen. 

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It might not have been publicized, but it was gonna happen. 

Whose word are we taking on that, Brandon Marcelo?

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

Or hand it to Schwartz or run a HB wham to the left.

Center block down, LG climb to LB, LT kick out, HB pull into the hole, Boobee follow...

Hell the qb is lined up like a RB, you know he's not getting the ball! 

That's the time to do the throw back to Schwartz!

17 minutes ago, rophle said:

Whose word are we taking on that, Brandon Marcelo?

I'm not on any other site and don't get any information from reporters. I understand if you don't want to trust it but that doesn't make the information false.

Just a gut feeling, but I really believe that last night's loss was the nail on the coffin for Gus.

8 hours ago, HSVWarEagle said:

All those people who flamed, bashed, gave negative reputation to those of us who saw the writing on the wall and were done with this madness after the 2016-17 season are now somehow, magically, on board with pulling the Gus Bus out into the back forty and blowing it back to oblivion.

I have not seen any posts this season by the "usual suspects" saying they agree it is time to get rid of Gus. Instead what I have seen is stupid posts calling the rest of us "disloyal" or today saying we are driving away recruits.

BLUF: Retaining him may cost more than firing him now and paying the buyout.

People are looking at the price tag of firing Gus from a very shallow perspective. Realistically, he's getting about the same amount whether he's coaching for Auburn or not. Yes, we will have to pay another coaching staff to come on board, but the cost of retention could be even greater than paying a new staff when you consider the differential of how much we'd lose in ticket sales, merchandise, etc. vice how much monetary value a good coaching staff would bring to the university. Coaches like Saban and Dabo bring in enough money to pay their salary multiple times over. It would be a short-term loss for a much higher chance of long-term gain. We know Gus is not going to produce. We're missing out on having a staff in there who at least has a chance of boosting revenue. It's a waste of money to keep Gus.

4 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

BLUF: Retaining him may cost more than firing him now and paying the buyout.

People are looking at the price tag of firing Gus from a very shallow perspective. Realistically, he's getting about the same amount whether he's coaching for Auburn or not. Yes, we will have to pay another coaching staff to come on board, but the cost of retention could be even greater than paying a new staff when you consider the differential of how much we'd lose in ticket sales, merchandise, etc. vice how much monetary value a good coaching staff would bring to the university. Coaches like Saban and Dabo bring in enough money to pay their salary multiple times over. It would be a short-term loss for a much higher chance of long-term gain. We know Gus is not going to produce. We're missing out on having a staff in there who at least has a chance of boosting revenue. It's a waste of money to keep Gus.

Don't forget about loss if donations. The apathy is real and the money is being withheld

Just now, bigbird said:

Don't forget about loss if donations. The apathy is real and the money is being withheld

Exactly. There's A LOT more to it than just the price tag of a buyout. Which is why I think yesterday was the final straw. This entire season was his last chance and they gave him the rope to hang himself. He hung himself in epic fashion too with "same crap, different toilet" performances against our top rivals. He's finished.

He's done and I think anyone looking objectively from the outside could understand why.  Gus bet on himself and his offense this year.  It simply hasn't worked.

Sitting in the stands yesterday was one of the more frustrating experiences I've had in a while.  The fans were into it early.  Defense was playing lights out.  And still one side of the ball couldn't get anything going.  Walking out you could just feel the air leaking out of the program from our fans.  No one was really pissed.  No one was surprised.  It was more of "yeah, that's about right" and it's sad.

50 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Just a gut feeling, but I really believe that last night's loss was the nail on the coffin for Gus.

Could it actually just be hot wings & beer from last night?

Truthfully though, I hope your gut has given you a lot of truthful info over the years. Yay gut!

30 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Other than the 10 million pledged yesterday 

30 minutes ago, bigbird said:

there have been a lot of folks on the rant saying they spend or donate no more money until gus is gone. one guy said he does not even answer the phone now when gus calls so i would agree with that. well and the fact i have never known you to ever be a liar anytime during the years i have been here.

4 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Other than the 10 million pledged yesterday 

is it possible they are moving forward because we need this  for recruiting? same thing for future coaches that might be interested in Auburn? people make fun of tubbs leaving ol miss but he said in an interview they promised a  serious upgrade in their facilities and after they put him off a few times he felt like they did not keep their word. so i imagine nice facilities are a must with a tried and true coach who is a winner.

13 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

No one was really pissed.  No one was surprised.  It was more of "yeah, that's about right" and it's sad.

This is the worst thing about it, IMO. If the fans are still pissed off or surprised then you can still win them over if you have a good game/season. It's when there is no emotion is when you've completely lost the fanbase. The same thing happened when we had the game-sealing interception against Ole Piss. I just don't care if we win or lose anymore because I've grown accustomed to Gus crapping the bed and letting us down. Why should I get pissed off when Gus doesn't care enough to put a finished product on the field? We're still a "work in-progress" 10 games in.

Archived