Trump's 2020 logo is eerily familiar

TitanTiger

It is like he is trying to be the worst candidate ever. 
Can you make a worse decision that that? :angryfire:

Trump is a horrible candidate. Does this make him worse? No. This is as silly as the Right's Obama's "Move Forward" meltdown. Brad, it's ok to call me a MAGA again since I did vote for Trump 1 out of the 3 times I have seen him on the ballot. Now I know why they changed the back side of the quarter...

th?id=OIP.yYmN2F-QdYyDvdKQsrNVCQHaDp&pid

I would be able to write it off if not for the "America First" slogan, which is nakedly nationalistic and xenophobic. Per usual, it's an attempt to displace blame for all our problems onto foreign (and, less explicitly, non-white) entities. Oh, and all the other Nazi-esque s*** he keeps doing. The dude is a fascist. 

But hey, I'm sure it's very appealing to the same kind of dumbass who still calls it the "Wuhan virus". 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

if not for the "America First" slogan

Real question...Why is putting America first a bad thing? I get that the world is smaller and much more interconnected than at any time in our history, but shouldn't we want to be placing ourselves first or at least striving to be?

That said, the choice to use that image is not surprising from this administration. Forethought isn't and hasn't been a strength.

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Real question...Why is putting America first a bad thing? 

Not only is it *not* a bad thing, but it should be assumed that every single decision POTUS makes- any and every  POTUS- puts America first.

As a campaign slogan coming from this administration in this of all years- when our problems are almost entirely of a domestic nature- it is a clear appeal to his base's worst nationalistic and xenophobic tendencies. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Real question...Why is putting America first a bad thing? I get that the world is smaller and much more interconnected than at any time in our history, but shouldn't we want to be placing ourselves first or at least striving to be?

That said, the choice to use that image is not surprising from this administration. Forethought isn't and hasn't been a strength.

It's the term's historical association with Nationalism that is problematic. 

23 minutes ago, homersapien said:

11 minutes ago, AUDub said:

It's the term's historical association with Nationalism that is problematic. 

Oh, I assumed everyone knew about that stuff but were prepared to grant him plausible deniability again.

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

Real question...Why is putting America first a bad thing?

It is not a bad thing and nothing new from Trump. Geared more toward economics and putting people to work more than anything. 

14 hours ago, Grumps said:

Trump is a horrible candidate. Does this make him worse? No. This is as silly as the Right's Obama's "Move Forward" meltdown. Brad, it's ok to call me a MAGA again since I did vote for Trump 1 out of the 3 times I have seen him on the ballot. Now I know why they changed the back side of the quarter...

th?id=OIP.yYmN2F-QdYyDvdKQsrNVCQHaDp&pid

Our aquila is codified to look left from the viewers perspective. 

They're dog whistling. 

18 hours ago, bigbird said:

Coming after Obama, putting America’s best interests first was a very appealing concept. 

Trying to make something out of that symbol is really grasping at straws.

"Victim of this, victim of that

Your mama's too thin and your daddy's too fat

Get over it"

13 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

It is not a bad thing and nothing new from Trump. Geared more toward economics and putting people to work more than anything. 

Except for that history thing, where "America First" was synonymous with isolationism and anti-semitism.

But to your point, I doubt if Trump is even aware of that.  (Nor - apparently - are the MAGAs.)

5 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

The Eagles suck. 

No way, but to each his own. Awesome road trip music, along with Dire Straits. 

https://youtu.be/fR07Jku_MA4

On 7/2/2020 at 2:11 PM, homersapien said:

I get the very valid point here. I really do. But if you think that Trump actually took the time to look that up or actually knew that, then you hold him in far higher esteem than I do. Trump knows what's at the end of his nose, dick, and wallet and precious little else,. 

Archived