Trump: Americans who died in war are 'losers' and 'suckers'

AUDub

On 9/4/2020 at 9:20 AM, aubiefifty said:

i want to see the spin on this one! all these fierce patriots all riled up about the natty anthem will give trump a pass. imagine trump calling your kids losers when they stood up to do the right thing and giving their lives doing it. and of course trump cheated on the draft four times i believe? that meant someone else had to go in his place. come on righties i want to hear it.

The spin is as follws: Anybody who has paid the slightest attention to President Trump's actions toward the military, both before and after he got into politics knows this is Bull.

The main lesson to be learned from this is that The Atlantic can now officially be put into the pigeon hole with Rolling Stone, Mother Jones and other looney lefty outfits such as MSNBC.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mikey said:

The spin is as follws: Anybody who has paid the slightest attention to President Trump's actions toward the military, both before and after he got into politics knows this is Bull.

The main lesson to be learned from this is that The Atlantic can now officially be put into the pigeon hole with Rolling Stone, Mother Jones and other looney lefty outfits such as MSNBC.

try harder cus i am not buying that bull you are trying to sell.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

try harder cus i am not buying that bull you are trying to sell.

I wouldn't expect you to buy it. You hate President Trump so much that you will vote for Biden, Harris and their plan to ruin America instead of protecting our nation with a vote to re-elect The President.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

I wouldn't expect you to buy it. You hate President Trump so much that you will vote for Biden, Harris and their plan to ruin America instead of protecting our nation with a vote to re-elect The President.

i know you are hurt trump keeps making an ass of himself. if the people in his base had quit covering up his crap with lies and bull and held him accountable like everyone is supposed to do he might have turned out better.

9 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

you guys just need to admit trump was your great white hope and he is seriously damaged goods. you guys even deny he mishandled covid with all the facts out there. he is seriously damaged goods and you folks take your hurt and sorrow out on dems and anyone not team trump. everyone lies but trump. everything is fake news if it is not praising trump. good grief trump has basically called his followers idiots by bragging he can shoot someone and you guys will not care. and he is right. most of you guys prove it every single day on these boards. and the scary thing about all this is the man still has a decent chance to win reelection.

Who is you guys? No doubt the administrations handling of this pandemic could have been handled better and I’ve never said otherwise. Both sides lie like crazy as well. You are making things up and then attacking them.

9 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

he might have turned out better.

Only one thing is known for certain: He turned out better for America than Hillary would have been, and he'll be much better for our nation than the Dementia/Marxist ticket of Biden/Harris.

10 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i know you are hurt trump keeps making an ass of himself. if the people in his base had quit covering up his crap with lies and bull and held him accountable like everyone is supposed to do he might have turned out better.

Now that's funny. Fidy says hold people accountable.  Bill Hillary Eric Barack Susan Joe Hunter John Loretta James John James Sally Samantha... 

1 hour ago, SocialCircle said:

Who is you guys? No doubt the administrations handling of this pandemic could have been handled better and I’ve never said otherwise. Both sides lie like crazy as well. You are making things up and then attacking them.

you do not have to make up stuff about trump. and no one can lie like trump can. nice try

2 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Now that's funny. Fidy says hold people accountable.  Bill Hillary Eric Barack Susan Joe Hunter John Loretta James John James Sally Samantha... 

what is funny is those trump decoder rings you guys use to try and turn trump lies into truths.............i bet they were made in china as well as all that maga gear.

Philanthropist Laurene Powell Jobs — who has donated more than $1.2 million to nearly 70 Democrat politicians since 2019 — is reportedly in close contact with the journalist who published the hit piece on President Donald Trump that claimed, based only on anonymous sources, that Trump called dead American soldiers “losers” and “suckers.”

Daily Caller News Foundation (DCNF) investigative reporter Andrew Kerr reported that Jobs obtained a 70% ownership stake in The Atlantic through her firm.

The DCNF reported:

In November, she further solidified her control over the magazine after its longtime chairman, David Bradley, said he was going to step away from management, according to Politico. …

Powell Jobs contributed $2,800 to former Vice President Joe Biden’s primary campaign in October, and in June she divvied out an additional $610,600 to the Biden Victory Fund. …

Goldberg and Powell Jobs did not return requests for comment asking if Powell Jobs had any involvement in or had any advanced knowledge of Goldberg’s anonymously-sourced story.

The DCNF further noted that a hard-left political group had launched digital advertisements attacking Trump just hours after the story broke where the group included multiple remarks from gold star families and somehow managed to have all of this done in just a matter of hours.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/atlantic-owner-is-biden-megadonor-close-to-storys-author-sixth-witness-trump-opponent-disputes-story

One really does have to know who is behind the opinion articles.

16 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Philanthropist Laurene Powell Jobs — who has donated more than $1.2 million to nearly 70 Democrat politicians since 2019 — is reportedly in close contact with the journalist who published the hit piece on President Donald Trump that claimed, based only on anonymous sources, that Trump called dead American soldiers “losers” and “suckers.”

Daily Caller News Foundation (DCNF) investigative reporter Andrew Kerr reported that Jobs obtained a 70% ownership stake in The Atlantic through her firm.

The DCNF reported:

In November, she further solidified her control over the magazine after its longtime chairman, David Bradley, said he was going to step away from management, according to Politico. …

Powell Jobs contributed $2,800 to former Vice President Joe Biden’s primary campaign in October, and in June she divvied out an additional $610,600 to the Biden Victory Fund. …

Goldberg and Powell Jobs did not return requests for comment asking if Powell Jobs had any involvement in or had any advanced knowledge of Goldberg’s anonymously-sourced story.

The DCNF further noted that a hard-left political group had launched digital advertisements attacking Trump just hours after the story broke where the group included multiple remarks from gold star families and somehow managed to have all of this done in just a matter of hours.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/atlantic-owner-is-biden-megadonor-close-to-storys-author-sixth-witness-trump-opponent-disputes-story

One really does have to know who is behind the opinion articles.

1) The Daily Caller is an awful source

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/daily-caller/

2) The article written by The Atlantic was not an opinion piece.  It was a news piece, one that was verified by outside news organizations independently.  It's amazing that people don't want to acknowledge that outside news orgs have all come to the same story on their own, including the AP and Fox.  Attack the Atlantic all you want, but it doesn't change the reporting of those other outlets.

3) The use of anonymous sources is not a reason to discount a story.  There's a long journalistic standard of using them.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

The Daily Caller is an awful source

It’s just as good a VOX, Salon, Rolling Stone and now theAtlantic.

No friend of Trump says it isn’t so.  Recently he said he could hear Trump saying them, but he didn’t hear him say those things.

6 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

The use of anonymous sources is not a reason to discount a story.  There's a long journalistic standard of using them.

You have mentioned Watergate in regard to the above, but wasn’t it not taken seriously until someone was willing to go on the record about the cover-up?  This happened two years ago and now they are brining it up?  Very suspicious. 

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It’s just as good a VOX, Salon, Rolling Stone and now theAtlantic.

No friend of Trump says it isn’t so.  Recently he said he could hear Trump saying them, but he didn’t hear him say those things.

And you'll never see me quoting Vox, HuffPo, Salon, etc.

As for Bolton, he didn't hear it but that doesn't mean he was in the room when Trump made the comments.  This argument that Bolton had to have been in the same room as the President when it was said is horse ****.  He was not with POTUS 24/7.  He even said in an interview yesterday that it was "certainly possible".

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You have mentioned Watergate in regard to the above, but wasn’t it not taken seriously until someone was willing to go on the record about the cover-up?  This happened two years ago and now they are brining it up?  Very suspicious. 

Watergate was taken seriously from the outset because people understood good journalism then.  Also, Watergate is not the only major story to ever come from anonymous sources.  It's just a very prominent example.

Here's a really good read from a journalist about when to trust and not trust reporting with anonymous sources.  It was written three years ago, but it's a behind the curtain look at journalism that most people quite frankly don't understand because they haven't done it.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/when-to-trust-a-story-that-uses-unnamed-sources/

12 hours ago, Mikey said:

Good grief.    Self parody.

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

1) The Daily Caller is an awful source

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/daily-caller/

2) The article written by The Atlantic was not an opinion piece.  It was a news piece, one that was verified by outside news organizations independently.  It's amazing that people don't want to acknowledge that outside news orgs have all come to the same story on their own, including the AP and Fox.  Attack the Atlantic all you want, but it doesn't change the reporting of those other outlets.

3) The use of anonymous sources is not a reason to discount a story.  There's a long journalistic standard of using them.

I hear your version, here is another: I can verify/confirm that I heard multiple sources state they heard from another source that a single source told them that an anonymous former staff member heard blah blah blah and reported it just 60 days before an election. Tough sell. Former staff member? Yeah really tough sell.

Hard not to go back to this time and again as it is profoundly accurate:

Journalism’s New Propaganda Tool: Using “Confirmed” to Mean Its Opposite

Outlets claiming to have “confirmed” Jeffrey Goldberg’s story about Trump’s troops comments are again abusing that vital term.

https://theintercept.com/2020/09/05/journalisms-new-propaganda-tool-using-confirmed-to-mean-its-opposite/

"So, when I read the anonymous allegations this week that President Trump spoke disparagingly of our troops, I knew they simply weren’t true — or were taken completely out of context in order to hurt him before the election..."

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/trump-came-dover-after-my-wife-was-killed-fighting-isis-ncna1239425

I have never seen you quote them, but they are quoted on a regular basis in this forum.

He even said in an interview yesterday that it was "certainly possible".

This can’t be a taken seriously. Trump says some goofy stuff and I can see how some could misinterpret his ramblings, but his actions certainly are not of President that disrespects our military.

It's amazing that people don't want to acknowledge that outside news orgs have all come to the same story on their own, including the AP and Fox

From an earlier post:  I, for one, have not forgotten how the outside news orgs all came up with RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA just three years ago and was a nothing burger, yet it rose to a major story.  You can paint me skeptical on this one.

32 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

From an earlier post:  I, for one, have not forgotten how the outside news orgs all came up with RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA just three years ago and was a nothing burger, yet it rose to a major story.  You can paint me skeptical on this one.

A nothing burger that was confirmed to be real by the Republican led U.S. Senate.  Maybe you missed that.

As for Bolton, he didn't hear it but that doesn't mean he was in the room when Trump made the comments.  This argument that Bolton had to have been in the same room as the President when it was said is horse ****.  He was not with POTUS 24/7.  He even said in an interview yesterday that it was "certainly possible".

Watergate was taken seriously from the outset because people understood good journalism then.  Also, Watergate is not the only major story to ever come from anonymous sources.  It's just a very prominent example.

Here's a really good read from a journalist about when to trust and not trust reporting with anonymous sources.  It was written three years ago, but it's a behind the curtain look at journalism that most people quite frankly don't understand because they haven't done it.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/when-to-trust-a-story-that-uses-unnamed-sources/

https://washingtonews.today/2020/09/after-anonymous-sources-claim-trump-disrespected-military-five-witnesses-set-the-record-straight/

21 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

From another source:

Must be real now, correct?

Cool.  Now tell me about the AP, Fox, and others who independently verified the story with their own unique sources.  I'll wait.

49 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

A nothing burger that was confirmed to be real by the Republican led U.S. Senate.  Maybe you missed that.

Russia did meddle in our election, that is known, what RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA was alleging was Trump being a Putin puppet that the media ran with for three years.  Mueller investigation and all that?  Maybe you missed that. 

Archived