Trump: Americans who died in war are 'losers' and 'suckers'

AUDub

2 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Trump has called for FOX to fire her, and since we're discussing "cancel culture" in another thread...

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Offer something of value to the discussion or go play somewhere else.  We don't have time for your lazy immaturity, 78.

Pardon me for the delay, but I was boat dinner valet.

So lazy immaturity would be failure to research right? In other words you, Ben and puppets? We have John freaking Bolton and others in attendance saying it didn't happen.

As I told Ben, show proof of this actually occuring and I'll concede. Otherwise, you too are a liar, fabricator and puppet. And no, unnamed sources don't fly. 

And thanks for deleting relevant posts. Clown. 

9 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

So lazy immaturity would be failure to research right? In other words you, Ben and puppets? We have John freaking Bolton and others in attendance saying it didn't happen.

As I told Ben, show proof of this actually occuring and I'll concede. Otherwise, you too are a liar, fabricator and puppet. And no, unnamed sources don't fly. 

Welp,  you were warned.

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Welp,  you were warned.

Yeah it might be my last post and that's fine. Dare challenge ignorance. Look, I told you and Titan show real evidence and I submit. Not complicated. 

But to call me out and delete posts when all I did was question sourcing is pathetic. Have a spine man. 

I come in here infrequently, with reason. But when you post something disputed it deserves challenge. If you can't handle said challenge so be it. 

Peace.

So one of Trump's key defenses in his own denial today was that he called Melania "back home" to tell her how disappointed he was for missing the cemetery.  This despite the undisputed fact that Melania was on the trip with him, which makes said claim a flat out lie.

He also said today he never called McCain a loser, which is verifiably false.

Now let's couple those things with four (FOUR!) different news organizations from across the political spectrum (left, right, and neutral) independently confirming the same details today.

And yet some here still think all of this is made up and that we should take POTUS at his word on this?  The willingness to stand firm in the face of overwhelming evidence is amazing to me.

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

So one of Trump's key defenses in his own denial today was that he called Melania "back home" to tell her how disappointed he was for missing the cemetery.  This despite the undisputed fact that Melania was on the trip with him, which makes said claim a flat out lie.

Now let's couple those things with four (FOUR!) different news organizations from across the political spectrum (left, right, and neutral) independently confirming the same details today.

And yet some here still think all of this is made up and that we should take POTUS at his word on this?  The willingness to stand firm in the face of overwhelming evidence is amazing to me.

Read Bolton's commentary on the subject. He's no fan of Trump like myself, yet he was in the room.

4 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Yeah it might be my last post and that's fine. Dare challenge ignorance. Look, I told you and Titan show real evidence and I submit. Not complicated. 

You're drunk, 78. Knock it off. 

You can go back and review this thread from page one. Guess what you won't see? Me making a claim that this is unequivocally true. I have said I am inclined to believe it, and three confirmations from different major news org, one of which is, you know, ******* FOX, have definitely made me less skeptical independent of the claims of the as of yet unnamed sources. 

And, again,  completely on brand for Trump. 

But to call me out and delete posts when all I did was question sourcing is pathetic. Have a spine man. 

You did for more than that and you know it. You swept through here like a haughty a**hole, as is your wont, sneering at us with nothing but unwarranted arrogance. 

I come in here infrequently, with reason. But when you post something disputed it deserves challenge. If you can't handle said challenge so be it. 

There's a right way to do that, and since you have proven time and again that you have no interest in being any more than intellectually lazy, arrogant asshat, you've proven you dont belong here at the adults' table.

Stick to the smack forum. More your speed.

Peace.

K. 

6 minutes ago, AUDub said:

You're drunk, 78. Knock it off. 

You can go back and review this thread from page one. Guess what you won't see? Me making a claim that this is unequivocally true. I have said I am inclined to believe it, and three confirmations from different major news org, one of which is, you know, ******* FOX, have definitely made me less skeptical independent of the claims of the as of yet unnamed sources. 

And, again,  completely on brand for Trump. 

You did for more than that and you know it. You swept through here like a haughty a**hole, as is your wont, sneering at us with nothing but unwarranted arrogance. 

There's a right way to do that, and since you have proven time and again that you have no interest in being any more than intellectually lazy, arrogant asshat, you've proven you dont belong here at the adults' table.

Stick to the smack forum. More your speed.

K. 

Again, I have Bolton's commentary, you have hearsay. Nuff said.

As for Bolton outright stating it didn't happen, here's an interview from this morning. 

“I have not heard anybody say, ‘Oh, that doesn’t sound like the Donald Trump I know,’” Bolton said in the interview. Bolton said the remarks may have stemmed from Trump’s skepticism of U.S. wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

“He was prone to say from time to time: ‘What did they get out of it? What was the worth of the war in Iraq and the war in Afghanistan?’” Bolton said. “That is a kind of insensitivity that Trump does have, there’s no doubt about it.”

Bolton was on the 2018 trip to Paris with Trump but said he didn’t hear the president disparage the dead Marines himself.

“I didn’t hear him say those things,” he said, adding later he probably would have included the remarks in his book if he had. “Now, did he say those things to other people later in the day? It’s certainly possible.”

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

As for Bolton outright stating it didn't happen, here's an interview from this morning. 

You left out quit a bit from his convo. 

BTW, I did forget what forum I was in and for that apologies. 

It appears the anti-Trump memoir from former national security adviser John Bolton is undercutting a bombshell report from The Atlantic that laid out damning claims against President Trump and his canceled 2018 visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery in France.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/john-bolton-memoir-atlantic-trump-france

Bolton’s book however, offered a different narrative of events falling in line with the official White House claims for the last-minute cancellation in France.

“The weather was bad, and Kelly and I spoke about whether to travel as planned to the Chateau-Thierry Belleau Wood monuments and nearby American Cemeteries, where many US World War I dead were buried,” Bolton wrote.

Marine One’s crew was saying that bad visibility could make it imprudent to chopper to the cemetery. The ceiling was not too low for Marines to fly in combat, but flying POTUS was obviously something very different. If a motorcade was necessary, it could take between ninety and a hundred and twenty minutes each way, along roads that were not exactly freeways, posing an unacceptable risk that we could not get the President out of France quickly enough in case of an emergency. It was a straightforward decision to cancel the visit but very hard for a Marine like Kelly to recommend, having originally been the one to suggest Belleau Wood… Trump agreed, and it was decided that others would drive to the cemetery instead.

The ousted Trump White House national security adviser also addressed The Atlantic’s anonymously sourced claims in an interview with Bloomberg, denying that he ever heard the any of the alleged remarks attributed to the president and said those quoted by the magazine ought to publicly go on record.

“I didn’t hear him say those things,” Bolton told Bloomberg, though he added, “it’s certainly possible.”

If Bolton however, who was a central figure on the president’s foreign trips overseas as the national security adviser before executing a personal vendetta following his turbulent White House exit, has called The Atlantic’s story false, perhaps it’s time the editor in chief re-evaluate its standards before publishing what could be entirely made up.

After all, The Atlantic did just that in July when one writer was discovered by Federalist Senior Editor Chris Bedford fabricating a St. Louis shooting to offer evidence in support of defunding the police. The left-wing paper, owned by a Joe Biden megadonor that still employs Jemele Hill and all of the woke people who ousted Kevin Williamson for the crime of being pro-life, refused to correct the record for days even after it got caught.

Trump has explained that he didn't visit the cemetery because the weather conditions precluded him from doing so. Bolton confirmed this account in his recently published book, The Room Where It Happened.

John Bolton shoots down Atlantic story saying Trump called soldiers ‘losers’: ‘I was there’; ‘I didn’t hear that’

Public documents confirm the president’s visit was canceled due to weather.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/john-bolton-shoots-down-atlantic-story-saying-trump-called-soldiers-losers/

5 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Trump has explained that he didn't visit the cemetery because the weather conditions precluded him from doing so. Bolton confirmed this account in his recently published book, The Room Where It Happened.

Yes, and that's why, on it's own the Atlantic piece merits skepticism. Where that starts to break down is the further corroboration from other sources, including Byron York there's site. Read the AP piece about the justification for not going to Aisne-Marne. 

And this one works for FOX as well. 

In reality, there's no valid security reason for not making the drive, a drive about on par with what the USSS does with regularity, besides him simply not wanting to go. 

Trump's only saving grace right now is that none of these sources have put their name out there. I suspect that's coming. Which is part of why it's so surprising he ripped into General Kelly today, who is mentioned in the pieces, but not as a source. 

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Yes, and that's why, on it's own the Atlantic piece merits skepticism. Where that starts to break down is the further corroboration from other sources, including Byron York there's site. Read the AP piece about the justification for not going to Aisne-Marne. 

In reality, there's no valid security reason for not making the drive, a drive about on par with what the USSS does with regularity, besides him simply not wanting to go. 

Trump's only saving grace right now is that none of these sources have put their name out there. I suspect that's coming. Which is part of why it's so surprising he ripped into General Kelly today, who is mentioned in the pieces, but not as a source. 

If a motorcade was necessary, it could take between ninety and a hundred and twenty minutes each way, along roads that were not exactly freeways, posing an unacceptable risk that we could not get the President out of France quickly enough in case of an emergency. 

8 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

If a motorcade was necessary, it could take between ninety and a hundred and twenty minutes each way, along roads that were not exactly freeways, posing an unacceptable risk that we could not get the President out of France quickly enough in case of an emergency. 

It took General Kelly and General Dunford about 90. Instead, he and Melania stayed at the ambassador's residence.

Had Trump wanted to go, he could have. Not to mention every other European head of state present, and Trudeau from Canada, made the trip. It was a huge deal and looked very bad at the time.

Good to see the usual suspects putting so much effort into denying this report. That shows just how damning it will be when it's proven true. The backpedaling from "it's not true" to "it doesn't matter" will be more difficult and shameful than usual this time. 

Folks, the very idea that Fox would even back the story tells me that they either fully believe it or know it is true. 

homey just backing up your comments, this is good enough for me to believe it or think that Fox certainly believes it. 

With what he said about McCain, why in the name of hell would anyone doubt this. He never denied what he said about McCain. 
Now add in the loudly and proudly way that the American Military are engaging in the election, calling for a Vote for Biden, a man that has never met a war he didnt vote for, and you have to come to the conclusion that Trump and the US Military's relationship has devolved into total toxicity. 

7 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

It appears the anti-Trump memoir from former national security adviser John Bolton is undercutting a bombshell report from The Atlantic that laid out damning claims against President Trump and his canceled 2018 visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery in France.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/john-bolton-memoir-atlantic-trump-france

This is horse **** from Fox.  If they want to claim it's undercutting The Atlantic, then they also need to be truthful and admit it's also undercutting themselves.  Fox independently verified the story.

As for Bolton, I've seen the passage.  I also saw the interview that was quoted here when Bolton didn't rule out that it happened either.  I'm doubting Bolton was with him 24/7.

35 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Folks, the very idea that Fox would even back the story tells me that they either fully believe it or know it is true. 

homey just backing up your comments, this is good enough for me to believe it or think that Fox certainly believes it. 

With what he said about McCain, why in the name of hell would anyone doubt this. He never denied what he said about McCain. 
Now add in the loudly and proudly way that the American Military are engaging in the election, calling for a Vote for Biden, a man that has never met a war he didnt vote for, and you have to come to the conclusion that Trump and the US Military's relationship has devolved into total toxicity. 

6 hours ago, AUDub said:

These are spot on.  If it was just The Atlantic, I'd be very skeptical.  But as I've said already, you have a variety of news outlets from across the political spectrum verifying this story on their own accord.  If you're unfamiliar, they don't all sit in a room and talk to the same folks on a conference call.  Each reporter has their own sources who are called individually.  For all of those outlets to get the same story independently of each other is a massive deal.

8 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

We saw the denials.  We expected the denials.

We also saw that other sources including Fox News confirmed these accounts.  Unnamed sources or not, you're nuts if you think your cadre of denials makes it an open and shut case.

The posts I deleted weren't relevant (that were mostly insults).  The ones I left were.  

Now either behave like someone who belongs in a serious discussion forum or find another place to taint.

you know what? i applaud fox news for standing up and stating the truth. i never thought i would say that..............

10 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

You left out his dissing the Gold Star family. 

This is clearly a pattern.  It will stick - even if it doesn't with the cultists.

Archived