Who do you want as head coach?

copper4eva

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, DAG said:

That is my reservation with stoops. I am sure he would get paid a good penny but I don’t see him consistently getting over the hump. I still don’t see why some of you guys are making it super personal with UM though 

Meyer is just dirty man. Stink seems to follow everywhere he leaves. Sure he can coach but his "health issues" have made him step down twice already. Maybe he's a stop-gap solution at best.

15 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Meyer is just dirty man. Stink seems to follow everywhere he leaves. Sure he can coach but his "health issues" have made him step down twice already. Maybe he's a stop-gap solution at best.

UTx is looking his direction really hard. That would be a scary unionl

29 minutes ago, bigbird said:

UTx is looking his direction really hard. That would be a scary unionl

Yup. Seems like the kind of place he would go. Make them a contender. Have a scandal. Then leave under health concerns.

I just looked up Joe Whitt Jr. and he has an interesting resume to say the least. 20 years of coaching in college and the NFL, has been a recruiting coordinator, and has extensive NFL Experience with 3 different teams. Knows AU very well, but has been gone long enough to be able to come in with a fresh approach. Does anyone know if there would be mutual interest? 

47 minutes ago, aubie17 said:

What leads to your confidence? Not questioning you but sincerely wondering. 

Nothing is guaranteed but I know MC has been in contact with certain AU people the last two years. Things can change in a heart beat but there is real interest by him tifwiw

17 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Nothing is guaranteed but I know MC has been in contact with certain AU people the last two years. Things can change in a heart beat but there is real interest by him tifwiw

My fear is he will get another job by the time AU can fire Gus. 

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Counting the days 🤞

18 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:
11 hours ago, jared52 said:

My fear is he will get another job by the time AU can fire Gus. 

Could happen

This is why I’d love to see us cut bait now, make Steele interim and start back channel negotiations with MC 

8 minutes ago, fredst said:

This is why I’d love to see us cut bait now, make Steele interim and start back channel negotiations with MC 

Quoting myself but I just realized: thinking this out made me the most excited I’ve been for AU football in at least 2 years. Damn, that’s sad.....

12 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I just looked up Joe Whitt Jr. and he has an interesting resume to say the least. 20 years of coaching in college and the NFL, has been a recruiting coordinator, and has extensive NFL Experience with 3 different teams. Knows AU very well, but has been gone long enough to be able to come in with a fresh approach. Does anyone know if there would be mutual interest? 

Joe Whitt Jr is legit our Jon Gruden. I am convinced lol.

Watch my boy PJ Fleck tonight. Lost 67% of his defensive production but I think they'll roll Michigan tonight. 

How is Sarkesian not getting more talk. He would be excellent. He would quickly get our offense where it needs to be and i like the idea of coach under Saban that has head coaching experience coming to the plains. He has Bama's offense humming, develops qb's and wide recievers. He would be an A+++ get.

Someone who will feed the RB 25+ times per game.

Someone that will have an NFL talent OL at each spot. 

Someone that will allow their QB to make in-game changes.

Someone that players love and respect and doesn't play politics.

1 hour ago, shabby said:

How is Sarkesian not getting more talk. He would be excellent. He would quickly get our offense where it needs to be and i like the idea of coach under Saban that has head coaching experience coming to the plains. He has Bama's offense humming, develops qb's and wide recievers. He would be an A+++ get.

Cristobal or Sarkisian. Those seem like the best two choices all around that are also realistic.

Fleck and Joe Brady would be good, but I don’t see them coming here.

No on Urban ( I don’t care about his sleeziness as much as the fact that he won’t stay here long). Also we aren’t big time enough for him.

No on Freeze (I’m just not convinced that he can win in the SEC without cheating).

No on Clark and Napier(This would be the most Auburn thing we could do) Get outta here with these two choices! We would be right back in the same position in 5 years. 

23 hours ago, Zeek said:

Watch my boy PJ Fleck tonight. Lost 67% of his defensive production but I think they'll roll Michigan tonight. 

Zeek, I’m as big a fan of PJ Fleck as anybody, but this post did not age well.

30 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Zeek, I’m as big a fan of PJ Fleck as anybody, but this post did not age well.

Haha he lost a lot of talent from the previous year. Michigan played well for the first time in like a decade. It's all good.

Archived