How important is the TN game?

gr82b4au

The Uga made him lose more fans. The usc loss had even the pro-Gus fans up in arms. LSU win calmed the masses for a bit but IMO this TN game is the real game changer. Win here and we are all but guaranteed to have a winning season. Also it may help a little in recruiting. Lose here... 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every game left is very important. He cannot lose to Tennessee and Miss state , especially since part of the fan base thinks we are turning the corner. Tennessee is not a good team. They can be salty on defense sometimes though 

It would definitely help us move on from the last outcome vs. Tennessee.  I just want to keep seeing incremental improvements.   Seems like forever since I saw us out on the field.  

12 minutes ago, AURex said:

A big game for fans. A huge non-issue for the PTB. Malzahn will be our coach next year even if he loses out.

Just playing....but wonder if muschamp thought that!

The fact that the game against UT is considered a “big” game is a sad statement and speaks to the mediocrity of the program under Malzahn, whether people want to acknowledge that mediocrity or not. Claiming that Malzahn can’t be fired because of the finances of his contract is semi-understandable; it’s the “we shouldn’t fire him because we are unlikely to ever do better” mentality that has people circling a game against a 2-4 UT team that has lost its last 4 games by an average of 23 points. What a pathetic situation Gus has put AU football in.....SMDH

26 minutes ago, AURex said:

A big game for fans. A huge non-issue for the PTB. Malzahn will be our coach next year even if he loses out.

You are probably right but if he loses out, including a loss to ms st, it would be catastrophic for his career. 
I think this TN game could be a chance to prove to everyone, including recruits, that we have turned the corner. 

18 minutes ago, fredst said:

The fact that the game against UT is considered a “big” game is a sad statement and speaks to the mediocrity of the program under Malzahn, whether people want to acknowledge that mediocrity or not. Claiming that Malzahn can’t be fired because of the finances of his contract is semi-understandable; it’s the “we shouldn’t fire him because we are unlikely to ever do better” mentality that has people circling a game against a 2-4 UT team that has lost its last 4 games by an average of 23 points. What a pathetic situation Gus has put AU football in.....SMDH

Well after USCe fired Will Muschamp, mid season..I almost don’t even know how semi understanding that would be if he ended the season 1-3

I never really understood this question. Winning the games as opposing to losing should be pretty important, but then again I guess it's subjective because different people make or accept excuses differently.

Hey, I actually live in Knoxville. I am completely surrounded by UT fans. Do I hope Auburn wins? YES! OF COURSE!

Do I think it makes any difference? Um, NOPE!

Auburn will not fire Malzahn for the same reason Michigan will not fire Harbaugh.

Just let the contract run out. No extensions. No buyout. Use tghe next 14 months to do your search for a new head coach. Goodbye GM with no loss.

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

The Tennessee game is very important. I don't like Rotten Crotch.

dang Mikey

oh-so-thats-what-a-blue-waffle-is.gif

Winning every game is important. Fans especially CFB are super reactionary. If your team wins, then you feel like you’re going to the championship. If your team loses then everybody needs to be fired and the sky is falling

11 hours ago, fredst said:

You know something more sad than that? Auburn actually LOSING to Tennessee two years ago. But yeah, I’m with you. The state of this program is a joke. 

It is important for multiple reason's one the last loss to TN, two our recruiting has been weak since loss to GA and SC it would get even worse with loss to TN, three while I think Gus's job is safe because of buyout and lost income because of Covid losing Tenn., bama,  A&M , and possibly Moo State just might be enough to say buyout be-darned and bye bye Gus.

11 hours ago, AURex said:

Hey, I actually live in Knoxville. I am completely surrounded by UT fans. Do I hope Auburn wins? YES! OF COURSE!

Do I think it makes any difference? Um, NOPE!

Auburn will not fire Malzahn for the same reason Michigan will not fire Harbaugh.

Just let the contract run out. No extensions. No buyout. Use tghe next 14 months to do your search for a new head coach. Goodbye GM with no loss.

The contract runs through 2024.   Suffer another 4 seasons of being in the middle of the SEC West division?  No thanks!   And the division is getting tougher not easier.   

I don’t think Ole Miss or MS State will ever get to the point of dominance in the conference, but I do believe they will be way more competitive year in and year out with their current coaches.  

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Winning every game is important. Fans especially CFB are super reactionary. If your team wins, then you feel like you’re going to the championship. If your team loses then everybody needs to be fired and the sky is falling

Hey, I agree. As Gene Stallings said (paraphrased): those “unimportant” games are unimportant until you lose one. That being said...the sky isn’t falling in AU with a loss but the staff would definitely need to be fired, lol

4 minutes ago, woodford said:

Why?

Because if we play a better game than them we'll win and AU is capable of playing a better game.

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Because if we play a better game than them we'll win and AU is capable of playing a better game.

I respect that. Personally, I don't think Auburn can beat a team that beat Florida, but we have had TAMU's number lately. I'm hesitant to think that AU will bounce back after getting clobbered by Alabama.

Archived