Sharife Cooper Eligibility Concerns?

Win4AU

@toddcPlease remember to include links when pasting articles or parts of articles so I don't have to spend unnecesary time trying to find it. Can't find what you just pasted for example.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I'm about 99.5% sure I saw Sharife yesterday, so at least he's still in Auburn 

He was at practice over the weekend, just didn't participate, according to some people who saw the practice.

On 11/20/2020 at 3:08 PM, ellitor said:

NCAA is investigating his dad because in their eyes he went from a small time coach to becoming an agent & having an agency in no time & also had 5 players who was on the AAU team he was associated with end up going to AU. They're looking to see if there is anything fishy about it. Also JGT & an insider on the Bunker say they don't expect Cooper to play next week.

Now why in the world would something as trivial as this draw the attention of the NCAA? 

1 hour ago, keesler said:
 On 11/20/2020 at 3:08 PM, ellitor said:

NCAA is investigating his dad because in their eyes he went from a small time coach to becoming an agent & having an agency in no time & also had 5 players who was on the AAU team he was associated with end up going to AU. They're looking to see if there is anything fishy about it. Also JGT & an insider on the Bunker say they don't expect Cooper to play next week.

Now why in the world would something as trivial as this draw the attention of the NCAA? 

Expand  

Expand  

THis should detail all that out. Just what we need, a post season ban and our 5* PG declared ineligible....

Sources: Auburn Tigers' Sharife Cooper awaits NCAA eligibility ruling

Well, I don't have any feel for whether we are doing the right thing relative to imposing the 1 year post season ban.  May be a smart thing, but just too early to tell.  There is a lot of information we don't have.  Relative to Cooper, if say Colin Sexton's Dad ran an AAU team and sent 5 players to bama and then became an agent with Lil Wayne we would want the NCAA to camp out on their campus.  Hard to believe we did not see this coming.  I hope we did and therefore had all of our ducks in a row when it became a thing at the NCAA.  

Gotta believe Bruce and the admin knew all this was going on and this season may be a bit bumpy with the youth and distractions that it could bring when they chose to take their medicine yesterday.  Fingers crossed that nothing else pops up.

1 hour ago, keesler said:

Not that I agree with their archaic rules or the way they handle things but based on their rules on ameteurism how is it trivial @keesler?

3 hours ago, boomstick said:

He was at practice over the weekend, just didn't participate, according to some people who saw the practice.

Just giving my testimonial lol

to whoever mentioned that he might’ve received a nice car...it’s pretty damn nice lol. Drop top BMW, don’t remember the model but whoo whee 

15 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Just giving my testimonial lol

to whoever mentioned that he might’ve received a nice car...it’s pretty damn nice lol. Drop top BMW, don’t remember the model but whoo whee 

He got that when he was 16 on his birthday. Of course that is a big issue years later.... Smh

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He got that when he was 16 on his birthday. Of course that is a big issue years later.... Smh

Yeah, it was June of last year. He and his twin brother both got Maseratis.

57 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Yeah, it was June of last year. He and his twin brother both got Maseratis.

Seems definitely after Mr' Cooper's wealth was growing. I don't have an opinion on it but I have now seen 2 people connected to the program whose opinions are it's more racial profiling than anything FWIW.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Seems definitely after Mr' Cooper's wealth was growing. I don't have an opinion on it but I have now seen 2 people connected to the program whose opinions are it's more racial profiling than anything FWIW.

Honestly, it kinda has that feel to it. 

honestly the timing of this news is why it's annoying more than anything. 1. right when the season starts, so there's obv that societal pressure to hold him out 2. right after the postseason ban, so it makes us look corrupt on multiple fronts 

the NCAA is sick sometimes 

Anyone heard Sharife rumors about looking at playing in Europe ?

53 minutes ago, toddc said:

The ESPN article stated that. Since the NCAA has not certified him to play yet. He is looking into that option in case they don’t certify him. 

You'd think the Ball brothers would've been ineligible with their dad's shoe company??? Big Ballers!!!

20 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Point guards. Already thin, becomes a dire situation.

I wonder what Bill Taylor is doing Friday night...

13 hours ago, toddc said:

Given that the Coopers have hired lawyers, I don't think he's planning to bolt overseas until every avenue to gain his eligibility has been exhausted. 

30 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Given that the Coopers have hired lawyers, I don't think he's planning to bolt overseas until every avenue to gain his eligibility has been exhausted. 

I've had to do an about face on the question of lawyers in college sports. I used to think it was not the thing to do. Lately, it seems that those who do hire lawyers, or even threaten to do so, get the1r way with the NCAA. So if the solution is lawyers, then the Coopers/Auburn should go in that direction.

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I've had to do an about face on the question of lawyers in college sports. I used to think it was not the thing to do. Lately, it seems that those who do hire lawyers, or even threaten to do so, get the1r way with the NCAA. So if the solution is lawyers, then the Coopers/Auburn should go in that direction.

It's about the only way. The NCAA believes it's their organization and that they can request whatever they want to get the answers they want, but often times they overstep their reach and have to be put in check. Most times people don't check them, but it seems the times that people do check them, it works in their favor. Don't know that it will work out in this case, but I'd be hard pressed to deal with the NCAA without legal representation when it came to these matters.

Archived