* Official Auburn vs. Alabama Game Thread *

abw0004

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Exactly, That’s Bo’s biggest fault. He has a lot to improve on, but I’d love to see this boards reaction with Loy or Sandberg as full time starter. Just always gets me that the same people post literally only when Bo makes a mistake but don’t make any kind of comment on any of our other team issue.

Why?  I don't think many people actually think those two are better QBs than Bo Nix.  The fact that Bo Nix is the best we have because we cleared out our QB pipeline (both on current roster and on the recruiting trail) so daddy's Legacy boy wouldn't feel any pressure to actually perform at a high level with a half-decent option behind him is what frustrates many.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

There is a way to big portion of our fan base who don't demand excellence. They don't strive to be great. Auburn holds Auburn back.

I don’t think anybody there actually GAS anymore. 

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

2017 iron bowl and what happened afterwards is a microcosm of both program's and fan bases.

Unfortunately his bosses in the AD and BOD think if he can beat uat a couple of times each decade that’s worth 7 million a year. I think I’m in the wrong business. 

Just now, SCTiger2011 said:

Why?  I don't think many people actually think those two are better QBs than Bo Nix.  The fact that Bo Nix is the best we have because we cleared out our QB pipeline (both on current roster and on the recruiting trail) so daddy's Legacy boy wouldn't feel any pressure to actually perform at a high level with a half-decent option behind him is what frustrates many.

See the “daddy’s legacy boy” removes any hope for any kind of logical debate. Which was exactly my point a couple of post before.

Just now, Zeek said:

They'll rape us

I get your sentiment, but poor choice of word.

10 minutes ago, Grimnir said:

“We’re a young team”

or 

We failed to execute OUR offense

It's time to acknowledge the awful truth that Gus doesn't understand football. 

He is not so much a coach, but a play choreographer.  I think he's actually stumped when his playbook doesn't work as planned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

See the “daddy’s legacy boy” removes any hope for any kind of logical debate. Which was exactly my point a couple of post before.

No it doesn't.  You just don't like hearing it so YOU tune it out.  Auburn has plenty of problems outside the QB position.  But that doesn't negate that the QB position is one of the plenty of problems.  The two are not mutually exclusive.

2 minutes ago, AURealist said:

It's time to acknowledge the awful truth that Gus doesn't understand football. 

He is not so much a coach, but a play choreographer.  I think he's actually stumped when his playbook doesn't work as planned.

But it was a dominant playbook in Arkansas high school football - best in Arkansas history - so I've been told.

Just now, SCTiger2011 said:

No it doesn't.  You just don't like hearing it so YOU tune it out.  Auburn has plenty of problems outside the QB position.  But that doesn't negate that the QB position is one of the plenty of problems.  The two are not mutually exclusive.

So all of that is Bo’s fault then? We cleared out the pipeline, we made things happen for his “daddy”, we ran Gatewood off. That’s Bo’s fault?

Just now, difball said:

But it was a dominant playbook in Arkansas high school football - best in Arkansas history - so I've been told.

I bet if Gus went back to high school he wouldn't have the same success. He brought a new toy that was cool but never added anything new afterwards.

I never once thought that Bo has won or lost us a game.   I do think as a fan base we had way too high expectations for him coming in and the head coach helped throw fuel on the fire to create unrealistic expectations.