Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

3 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I have to reiterate it.

So so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so insane that Saturday's result has any bearing on our 8th year head coach.

How can our power brokers be smart enough to make millions but dumb enough to use this logic? 

I believe the Decision has already been made 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

If P Marsh sticks his neck out even a little? SOMETHING is going down and happening behind the scenes. He is the biggest Gus apologist and sunshine pumper on the Auburn beat. He is being cautious like JGT is hedging their bets because in 2018 it looked like he was all but gone and it changed at the last minute. They do not want to get burned again. This makes me even more hopeful that a change is made sunday.

I'm not even planning to watch the game live Saturday by choice.  First time I've ever made that decision.  I'm far, far more interested in Sunday at this point.

8 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

Last time I checked he was the head coach and not the offensive coordinator. Did I miss something? 

Yes, intentionally too

7 hours ago, cole256 said:

No because we have brains but keep repeating the same thing over and over nobody took it seriously the first time you said it maybe everybody will believe you the 20th time!

My post contains indisputable facts. Gus is the only person in the SEC that wanted Nick at QB and then he built the best offense we’ve ever had around him and now gets criticized for it. You folks are illogical to the point of being insane. I understand wanting Gus gone as I too now believe it is better for AU to go in a different direction. But that doesn’t mean you should not give the man credit where credit is due. Nick Marshall is electric and Gus put him in the best possible position to succeed and succeed at AU he did. 

4 hours ago, AUght2win said:

How can our power brokers be smart enough to make millions but dumb enough to use this logic? 

Because the main one made his millions the old fashioned way—he inherited it. 

5 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Ok you arent going to accept that you are wrong about the whole Marshall stuff. 

Please explain to me why Jarrett Stidham was a better QB when he signed with Auburn than when he left? 

So you admit that Gus himself isnt an elite recruiter, but Auburn itself is. 

Interesting. 

And as far as your nonsense about "jetgate" it is a way to refer to something that happened. Its no different from the "earthquake game," "the night the barn burned," "the interception game" "the Camback,"  "prayer at Jordan Hare" or the "kick 6." Me saying each and every one of those made you know a specific event that happened. The only difference is most are games, while one is not. 

I thought Stidham progressed tremendously during the 2017 season up to and including the Iron Bowl. He was much better than he was at the beginning of that season. Then it appeared to me he went into self protection mode. 

15 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

My post contains indisputable facts. Gus is the only person in the SEC that wanted Nick at QB and then he built the best offense we’ve ever had around him and now gets criticized for it. You folks are illogical to the point of being insane. I understand wanting Gus gone as I too now believe it is better for AU to go in a different direction. But that doesn’t mean you should not give the man credit where credit is due. Nick Marshall is electric and Gus put him in the best possible position to succeed and succeed at AU he did. 

I disagree about the “building” part.  

Matshall was the right man at the right time and had some good skill position players around him.  He also had a very solid line to play behind which is what enabled him to show out.  It was the same Nick Marshall in ‘14 that had two or three balls batted down at the LOS against Moo State and a phantom OPI call that unraveled that season.  Major difference in those two years was Marshall’s pass protection.  

Offensive line played very well again in 2017 but has regressed overall since.  It doesn’t seem like. Gus priority to change that either. 

6 hours ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Phil Marshall just put out an article corroborating what we've heard from insiders here and elsewhere. FWIW he says it's 50/50 if we win and 80/20 if we lose on if he's out. 

Hail State!!!!! "WHO LET DA' DOGS OUT?"....CLANGA CLANGA!!!!!!! Boom goes the dynamite

7 hours ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Phil Marshall just put out an article corroborating what we've heard from insiders here and elsewhere. FWIW he says it's 50/50 if we win and 80/20 if we lose on if he's out. 

"Ok boys, if he beats 2-6 MSU we'll keep him around another year and see if he turn this around (he said in his presser it would turn around fwiw). If he loses, then golly, I guess we'll have to move on."

If this is true, our power brokers are basing the future of the program over a game against the perennial DOORMAT of the division. Incredible. 

If true, it is disturbing that the decision makers who have 8 years of resume to evaluate, would have different outcome options based on a game with a two win roster depleted MSU. Shaking my head in that one. 

The question remains...WTH does it matter if we win or lose against MSU?  If he needs to go (and he does) he needs to go now, regardless of the outcome of one meaningless game.

15 hours ago, JOSEPHIAMLEGEND75@GMAIL.CO said:

Terry Bowden had a $600k buyout.

Senator Elect Tuberville's buyout was well over $5M

Steven Leath was paid $4.5M to exit the building.

Now Gustav has a buyout, anywhere from 21.5M- 30M. 

Make this make sense to me!

Football profits from 98 till 2020? 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I guess it gives them more time to talk about it? Otherwise, it matters not. 

If I'm Gus is just want to know now. I remember getting in trouble as a kid. I knew I was getting punished but I just wanted it over with. I didn't want to wait till my dad got home, just get it over with please. 

But Gus seems too busy looking forward to next year to worry about this weekend. 

3 minutes ago, gr82be said:

If I'm Gus is just want to know now. I remember getting in trouble as a kid. I knew I was getting punished but I just wanted it over with. I didn't want to wait till my dad got home, just get it over with please. 

But Gus seems too busy looking forward to next year to worry about this weekend. 

My thoughts went straight to your last sentence as I read your first. I think it might be one of those qualities in Gus that is maddening to us but also part of what has propelled him far beyond what he "should" have accomplished so far professionally. 

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Nuh Uhh...you do!

I mean, I do but I'm tired of these particular arguments lol.

55 minutes ago, woodford said:

"Ok boys, if he beats 2-6 MSU we'll keep him around another year and see if he turn this around (he said in his presser it would turn around fwiw). If he loses, then golly, I guess we'll have to move on."

If this is true, our power brokers are basing the future of the program over a game against the perennial DOORMAT of the division. Incredible. 

Its this thought process that makes me think this weekend does not matter toward him getting fired or not. Why the hell would it really matter if we beat State or not? That just does not line up for me. Now maybe if we get blown out by 35 and the team walks off the field in the 4th quarter then i could see that having an impact. But a normal game where we win or lose by less than 3 scores....yeah i don't see that moving the needle. We shall see though

6 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Its this thought process that makes me think this weekend does not matter toward him getting fired or not. Why the hell would it really matter if we beat State or not? That just does not line up for me. Now maybe if we get blown out by 35 and the team walks off the field in the 4th quarter then i could see that having an impact. But a normal game where we win or lose by less than 3 scores....yeah i don't see that moving the needle. We shall see though

Exactly ?! If it is 50-50 when wins?! That means he is not the damn guy. Especially if it is against this team. I know I will get gas lighted for this but this is where I am empathetic to the fans who okay with losing. I mean if this is where the standards are then these guys need their hands forced.

1 hour ago, woodford said:

This is being said........................... "He might win 9 maybe 10 games next year." It's unreal.  

Archived