Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

35 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

This will be the 3rd game in a row that I won't watch. I didn't watch the iron bowl or last weekend. Found myself not really missing it that much. I'm not the only one. This is AU's problem. Never had I missed 3 AU games in a row since I can remember. 82, I do believe. Sure I missed a game here and there but not because I chose not to watch them. 

I’ve missed several this season. Like you I haven’t missed it.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Hahaha okay...how many draft picks, that played under Gus as a HC, came from the offensive side of the ball?

Barber, Slayton, & Stidham immediately come to mind and they did it without getting much if any development while at Auburn.

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Go to about the 4:23 mark here. The first 4 minutes is about Tom Herman. But the rest is about Gus. Josh Pate (who has one of the best college footbal podcasts out there) says there is real smoke about Gus getting canned. It is a good watch.

Josh is a Bammer though. How connected could he really be to the situation?

Just now, ellitor said:

Josh is a Bammer though. How connected could he really be to the situation?

He is? I never knew that. He is based out of Atlanta I believe. He is closer to the AU program these days then northport.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

He is? I never knew that. He is based out of Atlanta I believe. He is closer to the AU program these days then northport.

That kind of location really doesn’t matter nowadays. People on the bunker found him posting on Bama sites long before anybody knew him as a journalist.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

That kind of location really doesn’t matter nowadays. People on the bunker found him posting on Bama sites long before anybody knew him as a journalist.

He has a good podcast. I enjoy his work. I never got that vibe he was a bama since he has been at 247.

20 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He has a good podcast. I enjoy his work. I never got that vibe he was a bama since he has been at 247.

Josh is from Harris County, up the road from Columbus. Have a couple buddies that were in radio broadcasting with me who got some pointers from him. 

I'm so done with watching Gus on the side line. As long as Gus is still around, I "WILL NOT" watch Miss. State and or any other games in AU's future.

@GwillMac6 Tip: When you post a youtube video you can post it where you want it to start by going to the spot you want the video to start & clicking on "Copy URL at Current Time". When embedded it will start on here when you want it to.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

I'm not saying he's bad or anything. Just wondering how real his AU connections are given his Bama fandom.

ive read where folks are reportedly waiting to see how the game with state goes, but i really dont under stand what means  i may be wrong but im guessing it means blowout win or close ugly win he stays, close loss also possibly stays, blowout loss definitely gone

53 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

green or gouge really needs to say something  if not within the next two days then definitely sunday or monday  we are gonna be lucky to sign a long snapper if the silence keeps up

Honestly the time for statements was on Sunday. The fact that Gus has gone through the normal round of pressers told me that he was safe another week. If we lose to State, I think he's gone that night. Otherwise it's probably best to wait until signing day to secure what little of an early signing day class we can.

8 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Honestly the time for statements was on Sunday. The fact that Gus has gone through the normal round of pressers told me that he was safe another week. If we lose to State, I think he's gone that night. Otherwise it's probably best to wait until signing day to secure what little of an early signing day class we can.

If we lose to state he has to be gone . If we got embarrassed by them , he needs to be fired in the locker room. 

4 hours ago, keesler said:

The PTB see what's going on here and I feel strongly that they couldn't care less if Auburn competes as a top tier SEC team.  

Baloney. You may "feel" that way but you don't know what the PTB thinking or discussing right now. I doubt anyone on this board knows.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Barber, Slayton, & Stidham immediately come to mind and they did it without getting much if any development while at Auburn.

How about this rarity.

Auburn in the NFL: Week 13 rundown - Auburn University Athletics (auburntigers.com)

I've always wondered if Belichick came to our Pro days looking for underdeveloped talent to be a steal in the draft. Seemed he knew he could find some deals down here that other teams may pass up on due to lack of proper utilization on film.

I just dont understand the point in keeping him if you know hes not the right coach. Youre losing money one way or another, if you bring in a new coach EVEN another four loss coach you at least get the hope of what they might bring (not advocating for a stupid hire). You either oay him 75% of whats owed or 100% of next tears salary and then 75% of whats owed, and no one will be at the games. 

Heres my short list in order:

Cristobal

Campbell

Stoops (UK)

Kiffin

Napier/Fickell

Sarkisian/Venables 

9 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

I've always wondered if Belichick came to our Pro days looking for underdeveloped talent to be a steal in the draft. Seemed he knew he could find some deals down here that other teams may pass up on due to lack of proper utilization on film.

Belichik seems to like Byron Cowart a lot. 

1 hour ago, KnightTiger said:

green or gouge really needs to say something  if not within the next two days then definitely sunday or monday  we are gonna be lucky to sign a long snapper if the silence keeps up

Gogue doesn't care & Greene's hands are tied by the big money people. And if a move is made the best time is after NSD. As things are now we will be adding about 6-8 in this class in the next week or so. It's a lot easier for a new coach to get signees to stay than to get them to sign as uncommitteds, especially if there's not a coach in place come NSD.

15 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

No different than going to a yard sell and finding a dummy that doesn't know what they have

6 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Belichik seems to like Byron Cowart a lot. 

Maryland did too. The Colts liked wilks, the Texans love Cunningham, somebody liked Abdullah for a few seasons......we like kickers and long snappers

On 12/8/2020 at 8:13 AM, AUDevil said:

For those that aren't into the Apple ecosystem, here's another link: https://rundown.libsyn.com/

On 12/8/2020 at 8:55 AM, gctiger said:

They do and the last time I checked it was nearly as worthless as the Auburn Code of Student Conduct.  They don’t even enforce their own safety regulations.  Won’t go into details but Gouge over vetoed a committee conviction involving over a half dozen clear cut negligent safety violations that resulted in an auto accident.  Biggest Kangaroo Court I’ve ever witnessed.  

Lowder, Housel and Rayne collectively thumbed their nose at the creed in Jetgate!

Mentioning "Jetgate" sort of torpedoes the credibility of your entire post. Even referring to it as jetgate makes it sound as if going after Petrino was doing something wrong. 

On 12/8/2020 at 10:55 AM, keesler said:

Is Gus oblivious to the fact that HE is the boss and can override his OC at any time?  After the 1st or 2nd INT it as plain as day the Nix didn't have it in the noggin.  

Gus had the right to step in and run the damn ball and tell HIS subordinate to step aside.  If Gus would have then the should have.  Do you not agree?

LoL's! Ya know, this board is collectively schizophrenic. It seems like all anyone talks about is Gus potentially "meddling" in the offense and whether Morris is actually getting to run his plays. And yet here's your comment calling for Gus to do just that. Has this always been your position or is it more appropriate to ask about "y'alls poistion"? 😁

Archived