Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

So can we cherry pick six games of ours to punch our ticket..?

I kid, I kid.  But seriously, how is Ohio State allowed to get into their conference championship game with five games under their belt while other conferences like ours are actually making an effort to make up games missed.  If I were the committee, I would force them to play more games.  Five regular season games is a joke while BYU flew across the country to play a team to have another game under their belt.

Because it’s all corruption and the fact that all of their leaders went along with it shows how soft these people are. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the most horrifying prospect of keeping Gus: he will win next year. Lee made this point on the widely circulated podcast.

Gus won't win a title in 21, but he will likely beat UGA OR Bama (not both) at home en route 9 to 10 wins. It's what he does.

So essentially, we get rid of him now or we have AT LEAST 2 MORE YEARS of Gus. 

After a 9-4 2021 season with a loss in the Capital One Bowl, we'll be right back in 7 or 8 win mode for 2022. It'll be even more miserable to be a fan than it is now. More apathy. More rival beatdowns and separation. Our program will be in an even deeper hole. 

We have to pull the trigger now. There is no other option. 

2 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

AU is actually higher than that if you only consider players who have played under Gus and only considered all other schools for the same time frame. So thanks for proving my point even more. 

You are literally the only person convinced of your point.

Literally Actually GIF - Literally Actually Really - Discover & Share GIFs

7 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

The coach is never the sole reason fir improvement and I never said he was. One clear example is Marshall would have never be given the chance to even be a QB in the SEC if not for Gus. Also, White improved his second year at AU as well. 

Ok, you said he helped him to become a better quarterback. So, can you name some concrete ways Gus helped him, other than giving him a scholarship and naming him the starter?

What I hate the most about 2020 being a "mulligan year" is that there are plenty of teams who showed up to play and overproduced in spite of the odds.

Do you think Iowa State thinks this year should be a mulligan? Or USC?

Furthermore JBoy hit the nail on the head yesterday. Auburn didn't lose to Bama and Georgia and A&M because of COVID year. We lost two seasons ago when we hired JB Grimes and our best O-Lineman was a converted Defensive tackle because we failed to recruit. Why get a mulligan when you set yourself up for failure?

9 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

AU is actually higher than that if you only consider players who have played under Gus and only considered all other schools for the same time frame. So thanks for proving my point even more. 

Hahaha okay...how many draft picks, that played under Gus as a HC, came from the offensive side of the ball?

11 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

This is false. The AD come out with a statement the last time there was noise in 2018. Be honest at a minimum. 

It is not false. Your statement is false. There has been noise in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020. You must be new to Auburn football. Or you just blissfully ignore the truth. I’d tell you to be logical at a minimum, but you so far have shown little capacity for logic. You are pushing a viewpoint that is not only blatantly illogical but patently false. There is not a single poster on here that believes you know what you’re talking about, yet you post on as if you do. It’s like you started watching football this year, hopped on a message board and decided to join in on a topic you clearly know nothing about by making a statement that is undeniably stupid. But instead of backing down or disappearing from embarrassment you double down in an effort to save face, looking even dumber in the process. You are wrong. You have zero clue as to what you are talking about, and I think even you recognize that at this point. If you want to be the laughing stock of this board that’s on you, but I suggest you just admit, even ever so slightly,  that you could be wrong, and then learn from the people on here who actually know what they’re talking about.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Hahaha okay...how many draft picks, that played under Gus as a HC, came from the offensive side of the ball?

Remember Sammy Coates? Got to the Steelers and didn't know what a route tree was? Didn't know how to run routes properly?...Remember Cam and Chucky?....It time for assclown Gus to go even if we have to take a discount coach for 2-3 years

This>After a 9-4 2021 season with a loss in the Capital One Bowl, we'll be right back in 7 or 8 win mode for 2022. It'll be even more miserable to be a fan than it is now. More apathy. More rival beatdowns and separation. Our program will be in an even deeper hole

1 hour ago, keesler said:

+1000

The PTB see what's going on here and I feel strongly that they couldn't care less if Auburn competes as a top tier SEC team.  

I think the buy out is causing some people pause. That's the one and only reason he stays if he doesn't get fired. Without the buy out it's a foregone conclusion. South Carolina paid 16 million for boom to go away. It's a bad look if Auburn a much superior program doesn't fire Gus. I still think he goes. The loudest voices in the room are the fire Gus people.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I think the buy out is causing some people pause. That's the one and only reason he stays if he doesn't get fired. Without the buy out it's a foregone conclusion. South Carolina paid 16 million for boom to go away. It's a bad look if Auburn a much superior program doesn't fire Gus. I still think he goes. The loudest voices in the room are the fire Gus people.

The more I’ve read and talked to people, the more I think it isn’t about money... it’s about the PTB having the balls to do it. 

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

The more I’ve read and talked to people, the more I think it isn’t about money... it’s about the PTB having the balls to do it. 

I've only tried to tell you this for 2 years. Optics and lack of balls / leadership on all levels. It's going to cost AU 30 plus million either way. Firing Gus or lost revenue.  

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I've only tried to tell you this for 2 years. Optics and lack of balls / leadership on all levels. It's going to cost AU 30 plus million either way. Firing Gus or lost revenue.  

You’ve been right, just didn’t want to believe it.

Gotta get the right people in place and those people to grow a pair. 

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

We will actually pay him more total if he is fired after the 2021 season.

7 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

This will be the 3rd game in a row that I won't watch. I didn't watch the iron bowl or last weekend. Found myself not really missing it that much. I'm not the only one. This is AU's problem. Never had I missed 3 AU games in a row since I can remember. 82, I do believe. Sure I missed a game here and there but not because I chose not to watch them. 

6 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Exactly. I’ve said it until I’m blue in the face: the amount of new revenue that would be generated from a new coach bringing new optimism and fire to the program would more than offset money paid out to terminate Gus.

It’s like a race car driver running on bald tires and doesn’t want to buy new ones because he already has money invested in the old ones. Meanwhile, the other drivers are leaving him further and further behind.

6 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

This will be the 3rd game in a row that I won't watch. I didn't watch the iron bowl or last weekend. Found myself not really missing it that much. I'm not the only one. This is AU's problem. Never had I missed 3 AU games in a row since I can remember. 82, I do believe. Sure I missed a game here and there but not because I chose not to watch them. 

Same here. I'll watch the basketball game and then find something better to do.

Terry Bowden had a $600k buyout.

Senator Elect Tuberville's buyout was well over $5M

Steven Leath was paid $4.5M to exit the building.

Now Gustav has a buyout, anywhere from 21.5M- 30M. 

Make this make sense to me!

1 hour ago, SocialCircle said:

Gus was against others coaching his QBs until recently. I know this very well. The QBs who came to AU knew this before they decided to come here. It isn’t very logical to take Gus to task about Marshall at QB given the fact he is the only coach in the SEC who was willing to give Marshall a shot at QB and given the fact he improved as a QB a great deal while at AU. 

Nah you're still making stuff up he didn't improve a great deal and you don't know if everybody knew that or not, if he knew it why would he ask? And no the QB coach thing isn't recently SW had a coach

Also other people may not have needed QB at the time and he was a junior so it didn't make sense to offer him at QB.

The thing about you is you just say stuff and you present it as fact when you don't know what the heck you're even talking about. It actually makes me feel better about the bull you would say on the political side as well. You just talk. It doesn't matter to you that you don't know.

And this is a great example you don't know what you're saying but you'd be damned if you'll say I don't know. But keep it up and show your character. I like it

38 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

The coach is never the sole reason fir improvement and I never said he was. One clear example is Marshall would have never be given the chance to even be a QB in the SEC if not for Gus. Also, White improved his second year at AU as well. 

You are arguing that the sky is yellow. There isn't even a cogent argument to be made. Gus is a very, very, very bad developer of talent. It seems to be one of the few consensus things Gus lovers and haters can agree on.

We have an offensive "guru" in year 8 who has only 3 current offensive starters in the NFL. THREE. And one is a freaking fullback. That's near the bottom of the SEC. Teams like Duke, Kansas State, and Indiana have more.

Think about all the stars in the Gus offense - Coates (out of the league), Ricardo (out of the league), Marshall (out of the league), Kerryon (3rd string), Artis Payne (out of the league), Grant (out of the league), Bray (CFL), Duke (practice squad), Barber (2nd string), Dismukes (out of the league), Ryan Davis (out of the league), etc. etc. etc. 

This isn't debatable. Gus does not develop offensive talent. 2 + 2 does not equal 5.

43 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Ok, you said he helped him to become a better quarterback. So, can you name some concrete ways Gus helped him, other than giving him a scholarship and naming him the starter?

SW had his own QB coach that's why

43 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

What I hate the most about 2020 being a "mulligan year" is that there are plenty of teams who showed up to play and overproduced in spite of the odds.

Do you think Iowa State thinks this year should be a mulligan? Or USC?

Furthermore JBoy hit the nail on the head yesterday. Auburn didn't lose to Bama and Georgia and A&M because of COVID year. We lost two seasons ago when we hired JB Grimes and our best O-Lineman was a converted Defensive tackle because we failed to recruit. Why get a mulligan when you set yourself up for failure?

Totally agree. None of the struggles we are seeing are covid-related. Our roster is mismanaged. Our team is without leadership. Our talent is undeveloped. Our playbook is awful.

All of those things have been, and will continue to be true under Gus whether there's a pandemic or not.

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

SW had his own QB coach that's why

IIRC White got his own QB coach because Stidham would not sign unless he could have his own QB coach.  Gus acquiesced to get Stidham.  Could be just rumor, but the timing was interesting.

Go to about the 4:23 mark here. The first 4 minutes is about Tom Herman. But the rest is about Gus. Josh Pate (who has one of the best college footbal podcasts out there) says there is real smoke about Gus getting canned. It is a good watch.

2 hours ago, AUDevil said:

The problem is that even if wins and losses don't matter, they do matter to recruiting and recruiting matters a lot. We don't just get a mulligan there.

If a staff is secure and it’s pretty much assured of not being fired soon then wins and losses doesn’t matter in that particular class. It does help with later classes getting in the door on recruits if you’re winning big.

Archived