Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

He is? I never knew that. He is based out of Atlanta I believe. He is closer to the AU program these days then northport.

Well the rec and uat media have planted moles in Auburn Athletics for decades. Saban knows our playbook and players better than our coaches. Hell he may even sit in on meetings via zoom. If not him one of his assistant ex head coaches do.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/8/2020 at 12:55 PM, woodford said:

Bruce Pearl was a victim of arbitrary NCAA rules. That story was then blown out of proportion by the media. The common denominator with all these "cheating" cases is the NCAA and their dated rules and regulations.

The thing that really landed Pearl in hot water and led to his show cause penalty from the NCAA wasn't the minor violation of having recruits over for a cookout, it was lying about it when questioned. And I think Pearl learned his lesson there pretty well. Regardless, it's not like he has a long history of major recruiting violations. I'm with you. Some here really blow that all out of proportion and sound as if Pearl was caught in major recruiting violations when he wasn't. As far as I can tell, his reputation among his peers and with the media is very good.

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

Nah you're still making stuff up he didn't improve a great deal and you don't know if everybody knew that or not, if he knew it why would he ask? And no the QB coach thing isn't recently SW had a coach

Also other people may not have needed QB at the time and he was a junior so it didn't make sense to offer him at QB.

The thing about you is you just say stuff and you present it as fact when you don't know what the heck you're even talking about. It actually makes me feel better about the bull you would say on the political side as well. You just talk. It doesn't matter to you that you don't know.

And this is a great example you don't know what you're saying but you'd be damned if you'll say I don't know. But keep it up and show your character. I like it

Marshall improved tremendously at AU. Go watch his first start vs Wa State and then watch his game against Alabama. I will keep it up....absolutely!!! Gus is the only human being in the entire SEC who gave Nick a shot at QB in the SEC and Marshall clearly got better over the course of his 2 seasons here at QB. I understand Gus can’t win with most of you because of your emotions. 

4 hours ago, AUght2win said:

You are arguing that the sky is yellow. There isn't even a cogent argument to be made. Gus is a very, very, very bad developer of talent. It seems to be one of the few consensus things Gus lovers and haters can agree on.

We have an offensive "guru" in year 8 who has only 3 current offensive starters in the NFL. THREE. And one is a freaking fullback. That's near the bottom of the SEC. Teams like Duke, Kansas State, and Indiana have more.

Think about all the stars in the Gus offense - Coates (out of the league), Ricardo (out of the league), Marshall (out of the league), Kerryon (3rd string), Artis Payne (out of the league), Grant (out of the league), Bray (CFL), Duke (practice squad), Barber (2nd string), Dismukes (out of the league), Ryan Davis (out of the league), etc. etc. etc. 

This isn't debatable. Gus does not develop offensive talent. 2 + 2 does not equal 5.

Did I say he was a great developer of talent? No. I simply said both Marshall and White got better while at AU...nothing more and nothing less. 

On 12/8/2020 at 2:07 PM, Auburn2Eugene said:

Newsflash! Recruiting this year has nothing to do with his contract length. Its about the consistent product on the field. Its about 7 straight years of 4+ losses. Its saying 6-4 (which we havent even achieved) is a "solid season." (Blah, blah, blah...)

NEWSFLASH! You have no idea what recruiting is about this year. Your comment is without merit on any level. AU does best when AU can get recruits on campus and sell what sets AU apart. Guess what AU has not been able to do with recruits during the pandemic? And we're still gonna close with a top 20 class. Under Tuberville, a top 20 class would be all that was ever expected. Hell, Tubs would brag on it.

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

Hahaha okay...how many draft picks, that played under Gus as a HC, came from the offensive side of the ball?

Last time I checked he was the head coach and not the offensive coordinator. Did I miss something? 

1 hour ago, TigerOne said:

Well the rec and uat media have planted moles in Auburn Athletics for decades. Saban knows our playbook and players better than our coaches. Hell he may even sit in on meetings via zoom. If not him one of his assistant ex head coaches do.

This is why I stay away from the football forum 

1 hour ago, SocialCircle said:

Marshall improved tremendously at AU. Go watch his first start vs Wa State and then watch his game against Alabama. I will keep it up....absolutely!!! Gus is the only human being in the entire SEC who gave Nick a shot at QB in the SEC and Marshall clearly got better over the course of his 2 seasons here at QB. I understand Gus can’t win with most of you because of your emotions. 

No because we have brains but keep repeating the same thing over and over nobody took it seriously the first time you said it maybe everybody will believe you the 20th time!

2 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Mentioning "Jetgate" sort of torpedoes the credibility of your entire post. Even referring to it as jetgate makes it sound as if going after Petrino was doing something wrong. 

Jetgate was wrong and resulted in Housel receiving thousands of e-mails from angry fans.  

Did I say he was a great developer of talent? No. I simply said both Marshall and White got better while at AU...nothing more and nothing less. 

But they really didn't though, tbh. Incrementally, maybe. That can be small a bump could be attributed to the basic advantages of gained experience and maturation. 

And Marshall's success in particular was largely due to teams not yet knowing what the hell we were running. If Nick played today his stats would be a lottttt worse. 

Last time I checked he was the head coach and not the offensive coordinator. Did I miss something? 

He was hired as the HC on the pretense that he was an "offensive genius". Following that trail of logic, one would assume that an "offensive genius" would be able to correctly evaluate, develop, and utilize OFFENSIVE talent to the degree that it makes them enticing to NFL teams. What part of that don't you follow? 

Of course, the reason why we have barely any players from within this offense moving on to the NFL ties directly to the results (or lack thereof) on the field that I'm assuming you can see with your own eyes. Our "offensive genius" HC wasn't really much of a genius at all.

18 minutes ago, gctiger said:

Jetgate was wrong and resulted in Housel receiving thousands of e-mails from angry fans.  

What do you think was wrong about Jetgate? I don't give a damn that Tuberville was able to get people to be sorry for him. The only thing Housel et. al. did wrong in my opinion was not carrying through and finishing the job. Were you as upset over the way Tubs lied to his players at Ole Miss? How he walked out at Texas Tech? 

Jetgate was a faux scandal. It was also 17 years ago. Try coming into the present.

His offense, at the time, worked really well. He was somewhat forced to slow down the tempo of the offense to help out the defense. I enjoyed the HUNH. It gassed the opponent's defense. By the 4th quarter our offense and their stamina allowed us to pull away. I enjoyed seeing an opponent's defense unable to keep pace. Unfortunately though, Gus is a one trick pony. The game has passed him by. His inability or unwillingness to change and adapt has brought us to this point.

2 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

And we're still gonna close with a top 20 class. Under Tuberville, a top 20 class would be all that was ever expected. Hell, Tubs would brag on it.

Let me explain something kinda important to you:

Tuberville's classes full of 3-stars would feature 3-5 of said recruits who would go on to play at a 5-star rate. I can run you a list of about 20 of those players. Do you remember Ben Grubbs? A 3-star DL recruit who turned into an All-American OG at Auburn and a 1st round NFL pick. He would go on to make the Pro Bowl in the NFL. Nick Fairley was actually signed by Tuberville out of HS as a 3-star. Everyone knew he wasn't qualifying, but that staff saw elite ability in Fairly - hence why they invested the time to commit to him while he went through JUCO.

Malzahn's "elite" recruiting classes are the complete opposite of that phenomenon. His highly ranked recruits end up playing down to the production of a 3-star once they actually suit up in orange and blue. Not all of them of course, but his turnover rate of turning elite recruits into elite college football players is actually quite low. His classes are riddled with highly ranked recruits who either never "get it" and just stagnate the entire time they're here, or who fall into the transfer portal for one reason or another without ever actually producing anything on the field here. Oh, and its not like Malzahn has a knack for uncovering "diamonds in the rough" either - his 3-star signees are, in fact, just 3-stars. 

Some of you Gustards seem to forget what the actual PURPOSE of recruiting is. The purpose is to find players who will allow you to field an elite team. Signing 15 4-stars who all go on to do absolutely nothing on the field isn't a "win", now is it? The game is played on the field - not on the ******* 247 or Rivals recruiting rankings. Now, one could argue as to whether Tuberville was either an elite evaluator of talent (ie: he could uncover underrated players that others let slip through the cracks) OR that he was an elite develop of talent (ie: he could take a 3-star and elevate their play through actual coaching) OR perhaps even a combination of both - the end point is absolutely clear: Tommy Tuberville was a more successful recruiter than Gus Malzahn. Tommy Tuberville actually understood the you can't do anything on either offense OR defense without an OL and a DL. Which one of you idiots wants to argue with me that the guy who doesn't understand that simple fact (ie: Malzahn) is a "better recruiter" LMAO?

Also, Tommy Tuberville's teams would beat the absolute piss out of these Malzahn teams. If Malzahn is such an elite recruiter, how come his best season came in year 1 with Gene Chizik's roster of recruits LMAO? After Chizik's guys left, the best talents on the team were literally all guys that Muschamp brought in in one summer! You're seeing the results now of what Malzahn's "recruiting" produces: a whole lotta nothing.

Phil Marshall just put out an article corroborating what we've heard from insiders here and elsewhere. FWIW he says it's 50/50 if we win and 80/20 if we lose on if he's out. 

Marshall's lurking in here and on other sites. His prediction is safe (for him), and hedging. He's reporting our gut-feeling as his fact, protected as a percentage. Screw that guy.

25 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Phil Marshall just put out an article corroborating what we've heard from insiders here and elsewhere. FWIW he says it's 50/50 if we win and 80/20 if we lose on if he's out. 

And thanks for the heads-up

26 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Josh Pate at The Late Kick (247 Sports) says he had thought Malzahn was safe even after the Iron Bowl. Now? There's a lot of smoke and maybe some real fire. Link cued to 3 minutes and 48 second when the AU Malzahn segment begins.

40 minutes ago, metafour said:

Let me explain something kinda important to you {SNIP}

Blah, blah, blah.  Is your post just a long way of pointing out the Tuberville was also a consistent four loss a season coach who inexplicably fielded teams that looked totally unprepared and lost to Ole Miss and MSU and Arkansas when they shouldn't have? Get over yourself man. Your "deep" analysis is often so laughable that I have to be careful I'm not drinking anything lest I need to wipe the computer screen down from the spew.

Honestly, if your opinion of yourself was matched by the reality, you'd be something other than a legend/expert only in your mind.

I'm 59 years old. I've been following AU football since I was 11. I don't need you to "explain" anything to me.

3 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

Ok you arent going to accept that you are wrong about the whole Marshall stuff. 

Please explain to me why Jarrett Stidham was a better QB when he signed with Auburn than when he left? 

3 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

NEWSFLASH! You have no idea what recruiting is about this year. Your comment is without merit on any level. AU does best when AU can get recruits on campus and sell what sets AU apart. Guess what AU has not been able to do with recruits during the pandemic? And we're still gonna close with a top 20 class. Under Tuberville, a top 20 class would be all that was ever expected. Hell, Tubs would brag on it.

So you admit that Gus himself isnt an elite recruiter, but Auburn itself is. 

Interesting. 

And as far as your nonsense about "jetgate" it is a way to refer to something that happened. Its no different from the "earthquake game," "the night the barn burned," "the interception game" "the Camback,"  "prayer at Jordan Hare" or the "kick 6." Me saying each and every one of those made you know a specific event that happened. The only difference is most are games, while one is not. 

1 hour ago, jAUSon said:

Marshall's lurking in here and on other sites. His prediction is safe (for him), and hedging. He's reporting our gut-feeling as his fact, protected as a percentage. Screw that guy.

If P Marsh sticks his neck out even a little? SOMETHING is going down and happening behind the scenes. He is the biggest Gus apologist and sunshine pumper on the Auburn beat. He is being cautious like JGT is hedging their bets because in 2018 it looked like he was all but gone and it changed at the last minute. They do not want to get burned again. This makes me even more hopeful that a change is made sunday.

I have to reiterate it.

So so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so insane that Saturday's result has any bearing on our 8th year head coach.

How can our power brokers be smart enough to make millions but dumb enough to use this logic? 

Archived