Perfectly stated

bigbird

1 minute ago, woodford said:

When does he start talking about Auburn/Gus? Timestamp?

I'm not exactly sure. I'll try and look later if you haven't found it already.

Being saying this for a long time the culture at Auburn is different than any where else in America, Alabama hired and replaced hired and replaced until they got there man, why can't we, who are we scared of? get out there and go take what's yours Auburn belongs.. take your seat at the table.

It was spot on but I disagree with his assessment that Auburn needs to hire a coach that will bring excitement.  We need to hire a coach that will come in and change this attitude we have.  Whether it is implementing a significantly better strength and conditioning program or changing curfew of the players etc.  These moves are not going to be popular or generate excitement and some players may even leave but changes such these for example will have to be implemented to generate a winning attitude.  

After all excitement does not breed winning, winning breeds excitement.

17 minutes ago, Carnell said:

implementing a significantly better strength and conditioning program or changing curfew of the players etc

Don't think these are problems we are having now. We are being pushed around when we are now because we aren't getting as good of talent as the better teams & it's only going to get worse the longer Gus stays.

We've already been passed by LSU, Georgia, Florida, and A&M and we're on the brink of falling behind Ole Miss, Arkansas, Mizzou and UT, with MSU and Kentucky in the foreseeable future. 

Change needs to happen now.

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

An hour is way too long. Any one got cliffs?

Gus is over paid.  

A mediocre mentality is starting at auburn  and if you dont deal with it soon it will be a long time before we are competitive again.  

Goes on to list qualified coaches/OC's to bring Auburn back from the mentality 

31 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Don't think these are problems we are having now. We are being pushed around when we are now because we aren't getting as good of talent as the better teams & it's only going to get worse the longer Gus stays.

Just using those as examples.  I wasxtrying to highlight a coach needs to come in an implement the necessary changes required to change the attitude and those changes probably won't be popular.

1 hour ago, woodford said:

"if mediocrity is accepted, it's like a disease" 16:41 mark. Perfectly stated. That's what Auburn is these days.

So much truth, I legitimately tried looking that up in the Bible.

Face it y’all.  No one with any horsepower gives a rat’s tail.  The geldings are in charge.... 

Want to get even sicker to your stomach?  Enrollment at UAT has doubled since Satan has been there.  More grants. More research money.  More alumni out in the world.  More influence where it matters.  We all want to say Auburn is more than a football team, but a good football team is an incredible revenue and advertising stream for a university.  We are getting our asses kicked in that department, and given our brand ability it’s unacceptable.  Not only does Malzahn need to go, but Gogue and a few levels down need to go (I know he’s there in a temp basis, but temporary is a subjective term).  

1 hour ago, AUFlyer99 said:

Face it y’all.  No one with any horsepower gives a rat’s tail.  The geldings are in charge.... 

Want to get even sicker to your stomach?  Enrollment at UAT has doubled since Satan has been there.  More grants. More research money.  More alumni out in the world.  More influence where it matters.  We all want to say Auburn is more than a football team, but a good football team is an incredible revenue and advertising stream for a university.  We are getting our asses kicked in that department, and given our brand ability it’s unacceptable.  Not only does Malzahn need to go, but Gogue and a few levels down need to go (I know he’s there in a temp basis, but temporary is a subjective term).  

CleCo going to be triggered by this post....

Archived