Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'm talking money bro.  If Texas couldn't land him, we sure as hell can't.

Money ain't everything bro. If it was, I would've never left consulting in California.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I understand not announcing a replacement on Sunday out of respect for Gus, but again, if this is a formality, you announce it straight out of the gate. I do not see the wisdom in waiting, at all. 

Perhaps announcing a search committee on Sunday wouldn't quell speculation about who would be hired, but I think it would have helped quell speculation about who is making these decisions, and how that process is being handled. I think it would have helped engender confidence in the process. Fans are going to yap all day long about what coach Auburn should hire, but the leaks about fractured leadership, and power struggles between boosters are ridiculous. 

If Auburn has had a plan - and this is all a part of their plan - someone ought to be fired. I appreciate those of you trying to make all of this look reasonable. 

Basically what I was going to say. 

Again, I appreciate that you are trying to offer reasonable explanations for what's happening. I can usually see the logical side of things. I don't see it here. 

Also, @McLoofus want to say that I know you aren't defending these decisions, necessarily. Just offering some explanations. Thanks. 

Re: Bill Clark--

I'm impressed with what he has managed to salvage and accomplish at UAB, but looking at his resume, it reads similar to Gus Malzahn's in 2012, without the major college experience.

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Also, @McLoofus want to say that I know you aren't defending these decisions, necessarily. Just offering some explanations. Thanks. 

Totally understand and I hope my responses reflect that.

Cheers, brother.

I'm about to leave this dumb a** Locked on Auburn discord. These morons are so convinced it's Steele they're going to give me an aneurysm.

4 minutes ago, chizhead said:

no.....dude on 24/7 and another on the Rant

24/7 is no more reliable than a drunk guy you meet tailgating 

1 hour ago, AUbritt said:

Wrong way Bo 2020 version

16 hours ago, MJDub said:

Some dude just called into Finebaum and said he has a buddy that is in tight with yellow man and that quietly behind the scenes they are working on Kiffin. I would LMAO if this happened. I'm down with the Lane train for the entertainment factor.

Just now, Zeek said:

I'm about to leave this dumb a** Locked on Auburn discord. These morons are so convinced it's Steele they're going to give me an aneurysm.

Dude, if it’s Kevin Steele then we deserve everything we got coming to us as a football program. If Auburn can look around the SEC. See Saban, Smart, Mullen, Kiffin, Leach, possibly Freeze, Jimbo....and think, yea Kevin Steele is a good hire, then that almost championship we had in 2013 was the closest we are going to get to glory until the last boomer has crossed the pearly gates. 

Also, I will never.....ever state that we should fire a guy like Gus Malzahn again. Because if Kevin Steele becomes our head coach, we are gonna be wishing we were back in the 7-5 era. 

13 minutes ago, Zinzan said:

Money ain't everything bro. If it was, I would've never left consulting in California.

No, it's not everything.  But Texas flat out offers several things that Auburn doesn't:

1) More cash

2) The name brand school in the biggest recruiting territory in America

3) Better facilities

Any thought of Urban considering us over Texas is a pipe dream, especially based on his previous coaching stops.

2 minutes ago, aubie the hedgehog said:

Some dude just called into Firebaugh and said he has a buddy that is in tight with yellow man and that quietly behind the scenes they are working on Kiffin. I would LMAO if this happened. I'm down with the Lane train for the entertainment factor.

Kiffin did quote Saban saying he wasn’t leaving the Dolphins when he was asked about the Auburn job. Just saying. If it’s Kiffin, I’m down. Let’s all be Freahwater bro’s!!

6 minutes ago, chizhead said:

I'm reading that guy's other posts and he's full of it. Talking about conspiracy theories literally no one else is hearing. 

Archived