Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

2 hours ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Solid response here, but I'm really just quoting you to tell you I dig the C.S. Lewis quote you have on your profile.

I put CSLewis quotes on my Sunday Pre- Worship announcements PowerPoint every week and people love it. “Mere Christianity” by Lewis was the first book I read after being saved (other than THE book). Even non Christians should read it.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, VegasEagle said:

100 pages. Any bets on the total?

No clue but I'm very excited to be on page 100. Considering this likely goes through Sunday it's plausible this hits 150 but I think it'll start to lose some steam after today. I luckily have been sent to work from home until January 6th so I have nothing but time lol.

9 minutes ago, shuebru said:

What's wrong with us lurkers?

Depends on if you are a lurker or a ‘lurker.’ Just suspicious when folks come out of the woodwork on a free forum and it’s obvious this is the first thread they post in. Just an observation.

5 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Search committees are sometimes more like Tiger Paws than a hiring board.   They are doing more selling than buying

Nowhere near as enjoyable to look at though.

2 hours ago, VegasEagle said:

Screenshot_20201215-115333_Google.jpg

stepped down because of stress (see Urban Meyer)

also doesn't know which state Auburn resides in

9 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I like Bill Clark he's a good coach but Napier is better than him. UAB hasn't had a player drafted by the NFL since 2015. They've yet to have a player drafted since they brought the program back in 2017.

Napier had 3 NFL draft picks in the 2020 NFL draft. That speaks to recruiting and development.

Look around the current SEC HC's previous jobs:

Nick Saban - Miami Dolphins, LSU, Michigan State

Sam Pittman - UGA O-line coach, Arkansas O-line coach

Jimbo Fisher - Florida State

Lane Kiffin - Florida Atlantic, USC, Tennessee,

Mike Leach - Washington State, Texas Tech

Ed Orgeron - Ole Miss

Mark Stoops - Florida State DC

Jeremy Pruitt - Alabama DC

Eli Drinkwitz - 1 year at App State

Dan Mullen - Miss State

Kirby Smart - Alabama DC

Clark Lea - Notre Dame DC

Shane Beamer - Oklahoma TE coach

Literally half of the current SEC coaches were less proven than Napier is right now when they were hired.

I got absolutely no problem with Napier. I actually think he may be the best pure coach out of the bunch. He’s my number two. I like his no nonsense approach. 

8 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

First off, I think Marcello has his buddy Crepea feeding him UO propaganda...

But I do think he's half right. Now that it's become a bidding war I feel less confident we hire Cristobal simply because I just don't see the money men willing to pull the trigger on another huge contract.

Should be interesting...

If Mario is hired then both of their heads are likely to simultaneously explode! 😂

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

DING DING DING DING!

Yeah but Chip wanted a shot at the NFL. And FSU was almost home for Taggert. I don’t think competing money was an issue for the two of them leaving. With that said Oregon may not be willing to pay SEC type money to keep Cristobal, it seems they view the University bigger than a coach. 

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

No clue but I'm very excited to be on page 100. Considering this likely goes through Sunday it's plausible this hits 150 but I think it'll start to lose some steam after today. I luckily have been sent to work from home until January 6th so I have nothing but time lol.

You should consider a career in power brokering in your spare time.

3 minutes ago, toddc said:

I put CSLewis quotes on my Sunday Pre- Worship announcements PowerPoint every week and people love it. “Mere Christianity” by Lewis was the first book I read after being saved (other than THE book). Even non Christians should read it.

That's awesome! Where is your church? Athens?

Just now, AUDevil said:

You should consider a career in power brokering in your spare time.

Set me up with the right people and I'm on it lol

Just now, bigbird said:

And now a look at ours

chairs-in-a-circle.jpg

No lie I was just gathering images of ours

weight room.jpglockerroom.jpgRC.jpgRc2.jpgRecruitingCenter.jpg

13 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I am going to say we hit 200 pages

Just now, AUbritt said:

Bo gon f*** around and get Auburn fans treating him like they did Dye. 

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Bo gon f*** around and get Auburn fans treating him like they did Dye. 

Spray paint on his statue saying #StopTheSteele? haha

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

The second tweet is the important one. I hope it eases some worried minds.

I'm not worried. I am perplexed.

If hiring a search committee is a part of the process, then I accept this as being nothing more than a part of that process. But, why wait on Tuesday to announce a formality? Why allow 48 hours of wild and rampant speculation before announcing a search committee? It seems to me that this should have been announced on Sunday. It should have been planned two weeks ago that it would be announced on Sunday. It's baffling to me. 

16 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

That's awesome! Where is your church? Athens?

Yes. West Highland Baptist 

Archived