Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Wouldn’t that be something. No way we hire Briles though. Too much s*** going down with LSU for us to try to sneak this hire in unnoticed. 

Y'all are missing the dots. Word is Liberty has pegged Brilles as their coach if Hugh Freeze leaves.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Looks like it is just as OC though. Tech is keeping their Head Coach but firing their OC. Sound familiar?! lol

Briles will be running the show there in 2 years. My buddy is an Architect from Texas Tech. Talk about a depressing fan base with no hope. Sheesh.

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

That’s probably a nice little low key school for him to rehab at. I just don’t see us getting away with hiring him. The media would eat us alive to the point of no return. 

The media, the NCAA, Governor Ivey, the FBI, the ghost of Pat Dye, Candian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Santa Claus, and a joint coalition between Antifa and the Proudboys...

Hire Art Briles and find out.

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Well, if he's even half of what Big Mook was, then we have ourselves a new coach.

Big Mook was a groomsman in my wedding. Good people.

5 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

dont know how credible “lil mook” is but he is verified and has a lot of followers so I’ll choose to believe it 😂

How absolutely incredible would it be if a dude named Lil Mook broke the Auburn hire story before the 247 mods, PM, and Marcelo.

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Y'all are missing the dots. Word is Liberty has pegged Brilles as their coach if Hugh Freeze leaves.

Both possibilities for Briles had been rumored.  TT and Liberty.  

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Briles will be running the show there in 2 years. My buddy is an Architect from Texas Tech. Talk about a depressing fan base with no hope. Sheesh.

Ah, that brief (and heartbreaking as a casual Horns fan) moment when TTU was the toast of the CFB world. 

Mario as HC

Pay Freeze whatever he wants as OC

Steele for DC

Get rid of the coaches that have been mentioned by the insiders as being the problem.

PTB, get the hell out of the way!

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

How absolutely incredible would it be if a dude named Lil Mook broke the Auburn hire story before the 247 mods, PM, and Marcelo.

followed by Cubelic. 

Here's the move...Mario to AU, bringing Freeze as OC.  Briles to Liberty.  That's the only possible scenario that makes sense in all this.

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Honestly it would not surprise me. I get the feeling our “insiders” aren’t told much anymore 

19 minutes ago, Beaker said:

You know Lamar Jackson was at Auburn at camp and wanted an offer, but didn't get it.  Fact.  

Confirms how a true QB coach/OC (Petrino) evaluates a talent at QB differs from Malzahn's point of view.

1 minute ago, GAAubie said:

Mario as HC

Steele for DC

Get rid of the coaches that have been mentioned by the insiders as being the problem.

This would be so amazing that I’d die. I don’t have the kind of luck to be a guy who gets to experience all of that. So something would happen to me.

2 minutes ago, GAAubie said:

Mario as HC

Steele for DC

Give me Derek Mason as DC

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

followed by Cubelic. 

Here's the move...Mario to AU, bringing Freeze as OC.  Briles to Liberty.  That's the only possible scenario that makes sense in all this.

It makes sense.  So that's not it.  

12 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Recruiting was never an issue under Gus?

But it was. Maybe not necessarily avg or ranked, but our numbers never really matched our needs.  We'd sign back to back classes with 5 we and zero OT. There are other examples like that too

Just now, AUDevil said:

followed by Cubelic. 

Just imagine the Tennessee base's reaction to that scenario

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Give me Derek Mason as DC

Only if we can get him for 1/2 the price of Steele. I'm trying to please everyone and stay under the salary cap. We may not have enough after we secure Freeze.     

Just now, Auhud08 said:

Just curious- since we may be cash strapped, would T-rob be a possible DC? I know when he was here with Muschanp he was highly regarded

I’d take him.

Archived