Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, autiger88 said:

👀👀

If it's him that delays things? I mean he could accept and announce but finish out that game?

5 minutes ago, WinstonMcFlurry said:

This... changes things

Agreed. Gotta think If Mario takes the job he will not want us announcing it til after the Pac 12 CG.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Agreed. Gotta think If Mario takes the job he will not want us announcing it til after the Pac 12 CG.

Didn't Kirby coach for Alabama in the title game after he was named UGA HC?

4 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

But if you have a better source that contradicts what my aunt has said, by all means share it.

My sources are mods on this site who have long said MC was very interested in the AU job and would take it in a heartbeat.  That simply doesn’t square with wife hating living in AL. 

I mean no disrespect to your aunt, but just because she is well-connected doesn’t mean she has never made a mistake.  It is quite easy to misinterpret statements made by others.  

Just now, ellitor said:

It will be hard to keep that under wraps. Someone will leak it.

I also think you’re right, AU wouldn’t announce it 

Just now, TigerFanAU said:

There was another Saban assistant that coached in a championship game after gettign another job but I can't remember who.

We need a sober Sark.

We’d be lucky to get Cristobal.

We’ll end up with a Steele.

Of all of them I’d still take a Gus to go head to head with Saban. It would be fun to see a real offense again with Sark though.

5 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

That’s not what he’s saying

Facilities 5th best in the SEC???

Coughing...Bull ****

It's gonna be a long week. 

Just now, Mike4AU said:

My sources are mods on this site who have long said MC was very interested in the AU job and would take it in a heartbeat.  That simply doesn’t square with wife hating living in AL. 

I mean no disrespect to your aunt, but just because she is well-connected doesn’t mean she has never made a mistake.  It is quite easy to misinterpret statements made by others.  

Him wanting the job and her hating the time she lived in Alabama do not have to be mutually exclusive.

Facilities 5th best in the SEC???

Coughing...Bull ****

Behind Bama, UGA, LSU, and Texas A&M at the least right?

My source says it’s MC possibly today or tomorrow. 

His players are going to ask.  I suppose he will lie to them through the game, then leave them.  I would think it better to tell them up front, play for one last time together etc. Not a coach though.  What's better as a coach? 

22 hours ago, shabby said:

And Mario Cristobal has had success wherever he went? Tell that to FIU. Hardly accurate. He has been mediocre at best

Cristobal took FIU to its first two bowl games in program history. They have NEVER been very good. The fact that they became decent while he was there is a testament to MC.

2 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

That's different than coaching in a conference title game & being announced as the HC for a different school the same week. Pretty sure Kirby was announced a good ways before the Natty.

3 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

JBoy just tweeted that he thinks T-Will will be retained.

So who is deciding that he’ll be retained? Kind of thought the head coach would make that decision and we don’t know who that is yet.

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

Him wanting the job and her hating the time she lived in Alabama do not have to be mutually exclusive.

Anyone can see there is a huge difference between living in Auburn and living in T-town. Tuscaloosa would be one of my last choices of places in Alabama to raise my family. This isn't a UAT thing I just can't stand the city. 

Archived