Stop Steele Rally at Toomers Tonight

caleb1633

I heard that a Stop Steele Rally may ensue at Toomer's Corner tonight during the SECCG. Anyone else hear about this? It was on the Tweet Tweet apparently.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, USATiger said:

That would be classic, and if enough people showed it might actually end this sick obsession with Steele by the PTB.

If it's not a thing, it should be. I'd be there if I wasn't in Huntsville for our family Christmas tonight.

Just now, Win4AU said:

Probably better ways to spend your Saturday evening in Auburn.

We'll be saying that about Saturdays in the fall soon if Steele is made HC.

1 minute ago, caleb1633 said:

If it's not a thing, it should be. I'd be there if I wasn't in Huntsville for our family Christmas tonight.

Let's do one here in Huntsville! We can make it a statewide thing lol.

6 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Let's do one here in Huntsville! We can make it a statewide thing lol.

I'd be down if there's more than just two of us. That wouldn't be a very strong statement 😂

25 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

No quicker way to become an instant asshat. Have at it. 

Perhaps. But if they do hire Steele, it'll be a full scale revolt, which could've been prevented by a peaceful demonstration. Which one would make the fanbase look like asshats more?

What if they did hire Steele and he hired anyone of these O.C’s That are being interviewed as his OC. Would y’all still revolt then?  Serious question. 

58 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

We'll be saying that about Saturdays in the fall soon if Steele is made HC.

This made me laugh and then want to cry. 

25 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

What if they did hire Steele and he hired anyone of these O.C’s That are being interviewed as his OC. Would y’all still revolt then?  Serious question. 

Mmmm....don’t think any one of them would leave where they are to come OC for Steele.

26 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

#NeverSteele 

I wish people would just wait it out and see what happens. All this freaking out over stuff that hasn’t happened. If they name Steele, there should be craziness in the streets of Auburn. But odds are they aren’t going to promote Steele anymore because they know the fans would flip out and they would look like the corrupt idiots they are, publicly. 

1 hour ago, caleb1633 said:

I heard that a Stop Steele Rally may ensue at Toomer's Corner tonight during the SECCG. Anyone else hear about this? It was on the Tweet Tweet apparently.

People should go. Some won't like it but if what we're hearing is true the hashtag may have stalled it but not killed it.

43 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

Reports have already been made on who Steele wants as an OC. Plus why would any of these guys do that ?

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

People should go. Some won't like it but if what we're hearing is true the hashtag may have stalled it but not killed it.

I agree. 

Read the new coach announcement is to be tomorrow(?), so one night of protesting should be a fun way to get out before we're screwed for the next 5 years by the PTB.  

1 minute ago, AURealist said:

I agree. 

Read the new coach announcement is to be tomorrow(?), so one night of protesting should be a fun way to get out before we're screwed for the next 5 years by the PTB.  

Where did you read that at ? 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Where did you read that at ? 

Can't remember offhand.  It was mentioned here somewhere and I was wondering how can they announce the HC tomorrow afternoon when they are supposedly holding interviews tomorrow afternoon...  :headscratch:

54 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

I would still be apathetic. AUburn football needs a full scale enema to get rid of the 💩 that’s plagued it for far too long. You can see what happens when people hire good coaches and let them handle business. Bammer was mired in mediocrity with Dubose, Franchione, the mikes, ...etc. They hired a dude and let him run the show and look at the results. I know that his coaching acumen greatly helped the situation. However, they wouldn’t have been able to hire him without him being able to run the show. AUburn will continue to get the Chiziks, Guses, and the like until the meddling at such a large scale ends. 

28 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I wish people would just wait it out and see what happens. All this freaking out over stuff that hasn’t happened. If they name Steele, there should be craziness in the streets of Auburn. But odds are they aren’t going to promote Steele anymore because they know the fans would flip out and they would look like the corrupt idiots they are, publicly. 

Kind of a chicken or egg thing.  If you wait until they name Steele HC to get angry, then the deed is already done and you're stuck with him.  No amount of screaming will matter at that point.

Archived