Notebook:

toddc

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Payton is my favorite. Because with him it's so much more than physics. I mean I know he had to be a supreme athlete but some of his stuff, staying on his feet after certain hits.....it just didn't make any sense to me. Like how are you doing this!

Sweetness god he was something I'm also a huge fan of Gale Sayers. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, DAG said:

you are the first to express this concern. I know I’ve never seen him as a heisman type player . I think he is the most talented player on our team , but it is not like he has that Marcus Lattimore effect , where the nation is all talking about him. SEC fans for sure. He still got to produce a little more.

I think he's a heisman type player on the right team. I'm afraid this team won't win enough to get him into consideration. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

huge fan of Gale Sayers. 

Without knee injuries would be remembered as one of the best ever (I guess he already is-at least not so easily forgotten)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, fredst said:

Without knee injuries would be remembered as one of the best ever (I guess he already is-at least not so easily forgotten)

Totally agree just seem to glide while running......... damn knee injuries

Also one of the nicest guys you would ever meet

• Like 1
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, cole256 said:

some of his stuff, staying on his feet after certain hits.....it just didn't make any sense to me. Like how are you doing this!

Not sure if still true because I don't keep up much with NFL, but at one point Payton was the only RB to have a personal foul called against him due to his stiff arm/forearm shiver. He would especially punish tacklers near the sidelines.

• Love 1

15 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Not sure if still true because I don't keep up much with NFL, but at one point Payton was the only RB to have a personal foul called against him due to his stiff arm/forearm shiver. He would especially punish tacklers near the sidelines.

And I didn't think I could love him any more.

• Like 1

Newton and Guice putting in the work!

image.png

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

Todd Van Emst/AU Athletics

1. Bo Nix

2. Dematrius Davis

3. Grant Loy

Nix was solid on A-Day and looked better in some mechanics so no disaster is looming with him somehow losing the job. Davis came in and showed off some shiftiness and arm strength. He just needs more reps.

We all knew it was coming but dang! ADay showed all we need to know!

Edited by toddc
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, toddc said:

Todd Van Emst/AU Athletics

1. Bo Nix

2. Dematrius Davis

3. Grant Loy

Nix was solid on A-Day and looked better in some mechanics so no disaster is looming with him somehow losing the job. Davis came in and showed off some shiftiness and arm strength. He just needs more reps.

We all knew it was coming but dang! ADay showed all we need to know!

What is this? Depth chart or opInion ?

6 hours ago, DAG said:

What is this? Depth chart or opInion ?

According to the writer’s projections on Auburn Wire

6 minutes ago, toddc said:

DD will be “officially” named QB2 the next time a depth chart is released.   It’s not even close.  

• Like 2

On 4/22/2021 at 9:27 AM, DAG said:

you are the first to express this concern. I know I’ve never seen him as a heisman type player . I think he is the most talented player on our team , but it is not like he has that Marcus Lattimore effect , where the nation is all talking about him. SEC fans for sure. He still got to produce a little more.

It’s increasingly difficult for RBs to win the Heisman. That said, I won’t be surprised if he’s the top RB in the nation’s top conference. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, toddc said:

And three other writers have it different so no one knows until August.  

28 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

And three other writers have it different so no one knows until August.  

We know, we all know!

• Like 1

• Love 2

Former NFL quarterback thinks Bo Nix will be No. 1 overall pick in 2022 NFL draft

USATSI_15384708.jpg?w=960&h=535&crop=1

Bo Nix comes into his junior season at Auburn looking to take a major step at the quarterback position after a regression last season.

While the verdict is still out on how productive he can be as a signal-caller, one former SEC quarterback thinks extremely highly of Nix. How highly? He thinks he will be the No. 1 overall pick in the 2022 NFL draft.

That person is Jordan Palmer who has been working with Nix during the past two seasons.

“There are the two things I look at — confidence and maturity — before arm talent, before size, before any of that,” Palmer said. Nix is “more confident and mature than most of the guys I’ve ever been around.”

That’s quite a bold statement considering the struggles that Nix has seen at the position in his first two seasons with the Tigers but with the arrival of Bryan Harsin as head coach and Mike Bobo as offensive coordinator, Nix is getting a new start. Last season, Nix completed just 59.9 percent of his passes for 2,415 yards and 12 touchdowns while throwing seven interceptions. He also rushed for seven more scores.

As for how head coaches view Palmer when it comes to his word and analysis of quarterbacks? The word that keeps coming up is trust.

“That trust comes in part from the reputation Palmer has built over the years. When Auburn’s Bo Nix approached coach Gus Malzahn about working with Palmer last summer, Malzahn called his former quarterback Jarrett Stidham, who had worked with Palmer before being drafted by the Patriots. After Stidham sang Palmer’s praises, Malzahn gave Nix his blessing.”

It’s a long way before the next draft happens but if Nix were to play like Palmer thinks is possible, big things could be in store for Auburn’s offense in 2021.

4 minutes ago, toddc said:

Former NFL quarterback thinks Bo Nix will be No. 1 overall pick in 2022 NFL draft

USATSI_15384708.jpg?w=960&h=535&crop=1

Bo Nix comes into his junior season at Auburn looking to take a major step at the quarterback position after a regression last season.

While the verdict is still out on how productive he can be as a signal-caller, one former SEC quarterback thinks extremely highly of Nix. How highly? He thinks he will be the No. 1 overall pick in the 2022 NFL draft.

That person is Jordan Palmer who has been working with Nix during the past two seasons.

“There are the two things I look at — confidence and maturity — before arm talent, before size, before any of that,” Palmer said. Nix is “more confident and mature than most of the guys I’ve ever been around.”

That’s quite a bold statement considering the struggles that Nix has seen at the position in his first two seasons with the Tigers but with the arrival of Bryan Harsin as head coach and Mike Bobo as offensive coordinator, Nix is getting a new start. Last season, Nix completed just 59.9 percent of his passes for 2,415 yards and 12 touchdowns while throwing seven interceptions. He also rushed for seven more scores.

As for how head coaches view Palmer when it comes to his word and analysis of quarterbacks? The word that keeps coming up is trust.

“That trust comes in part from the reputation Palmer has built over the years. When Auburn’s Bo Nix approached coach Gus Malzahn about working with Palmer last summer, Malzahn called his former quarterback Jarrett Stidham, who had worked with Palmer before being drafted by the Patriots. After Stidham sang Palmer’s praises, Malzahn gave Nix his blessing.”

It’s a long way before the next draft happens but if Nix were to play like Palmer thinks is possible, big things could be in store for Auburn’s offense in 2021.

Worked with Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Joe Burrows, Jarrett Stidham at the qb spot, but also works with wide receivers etc... So he knows a player when he sees one and for him to go out on a limb about Bo speaks volumes!

• Like 2

If Nix is number 1 overall, then we are in the playoffs.  I personally think Malik Willis could be in running for Heisman this year and possibly the "Fields" of 2021.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, toddc said:

Worked with Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Joe Burrows, Jarrett Stidham at the qb spot, but also works with wide receivers etc... So he knows a player when he sees one and for him to go out on a limb about Bo speaks volumes!

I mean. I Hope he's right but Bo is also paying him

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I mean. I Hope he's right but Bo is also paying him

Or his Dad is paying him

2 hours ago, aublaise said:

Or his Dad is paying him

Yeah, I'm sure it is his Dad or he's getting a cut of future earnings.  

Not sure why you face palm a pretty basic fact @toddc.  It's a bias opinion. And I'm probably one of the biggest Bo supporters on this board 

Edited by W.E.D

11 hours ago, toddc said:

for him to go out on a limb about Bo speaks volumes

Not really. Hot takes are currency these days. 

• Like 1