Notebook:

toddc

On 4/10/2021 at 1:57 PM, bigbird said:

There's gonna be crow on the grills for quite a few this fall

Lol. I said this and I was told why even talk about the past? Why care about who's wrong and who's right? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Lol. I said this and I was told why even talk about the past? Why care about who's wrong and who's right? 

Must've misworded it. 😁

33 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I laughed.

so this is what competent football is like? I truly wish some of our past players would’ve had the chance with this staff, granted results still haven’t been yielded. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I laughed.

Yeah, they likely doubled the number of plays from last year to at least 10. That can be pretty overwhelming right there, lol.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

Yeah, they likely doubled the number of plays from last year to at least 10. That can be pretty overwhelming right there, lol.  

Five?

I think you've over estimated the competence of the previous leadership!

Edited by AUGoo
change
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Finally the change in wr coach has worked!

I think you're putting the cart before the horse!

You never know, CBH may turn off all the Offensive plans the night before the game too.

Apparently that's a thing when you make the big time.

13 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

I think you're putting the cart before the horse!

You never know, CBH may turn off all the Offensive plans the night before the game too.

Apparently that's a thing when you make the big time.

I think he's already doing enough by coming and and pointing out the things that's broke. It's amazing the stuff people bought into tricking themselves into thinking it was good football

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cole256 said:

Man it feels good to be a real football team again.

20 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Coached by a real football coach.......................

13 year rollercoaster, really. I can tell that it's going to be awhile before I've recalibrated my brain to be a fan of a normal football program again. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, fredst said:

I started to, then I cried thinking about the past 5 years

It actually is sad when you think about how much money might've been left on the table for guys that really could've used it.

Onward.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It actually is sad when you think about how much money might've been left on the table for guys that really could've used it.

Onward.

Is that the new mantra “onward”? Hopefully for the team and staff it is. Seems more fitting for our threads to say we are looking forward ( positive)but always with a side glance backward.

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

Is that the new mantra “onward”? Hopefully for the team and staff it is. Seems more fitting for our threads to say we are looking forward ( positive)but always with a side glance backward.

Yes, after 8 years of one coach and less than 4 months of the new one, without a single game coached, we will continue to talk about the differences that we think we see for a bit longer.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Yes, after 8 years of one coach and less than 4 months of the new one, without a single game coached, we will continue to talk about the differences that we think we see for a bit longer.

It is hard to get rid of that bad taste in your mouth, until you keep tasting the better stuff. We're just getting started, and the main course starts in September....

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AUGoo said:

Five?

I think you've over estimated the competence of the previous leadership!

Might have been six if you count jet sweep left and jet sweep right as two different plays. 

What if, after all this talk and expectations of positive change on offense...on the 1st play of the season, the FB takes the snap, spins 360 degrees and runs right into the teeth of the DL for a 2 yard loss? 👀

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, johnnyAU said:

What if, after all this talk and expectations of positive change on offense...on the 1st play of the season, the FB takes the snap, spins 360 degrees and runs right into the teeth of the DL for a 2 yard loss? 👀

Dude, I might vote for you to be banned for even posting this

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, johnnyAU said:

Or, the defensive end is left completely unblocked and completely blows up the QB ala TAMU a few years ago or UF 2 years ago. 😊

I know people are being facetious but I hope people don’t expect to see 110 complete change. I think we will still out talent people and I think this coaching staff will maximize our talent , but I don’t expect to see complete discipline play until about two years down the line 

• Like 3

I'd take not running it up the middle on every first down, especially right after the RB breaks one off for 30 yards...for starters. 

We're still gonna have missed assignments, blown coverages and failed plays...but maybe we can cut down on the bonehead plays everyone in the stadium knows are coming before the ball is snapped. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

I'd take not running it up the middle on every first down, especially right after the RB breaks one off for 30 yards...for starters. 

We're still gonna have missed assignments, blown coverages and failed plays...but maybe we can cut down on the bonehead plays everyone in the stadium knows are coming before the ball is snapped. 

Yep...that was hard to watch and know, even as a 3rd grader, what to expect on offense the last several years.