What's going on in the Athletic Dept and Lt. Gen Burgess?

steeleagle

12 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Mikey, stop it.  You do this crap every time.  You make dumb proclamations, people go into excruciating detail to show that you're wrong, then you start straining gnats and going hyperliteral to try and claim a "win."  We're over it.  And calling bird a liar isn't helping your cause either.  Move on.

Did you even bother to go back and look at the subject thread in the recruiting forum? Your above remarks don't indicate that you did.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Did you even bother to go back and look at the subject thread in the recruiting forum? Your above remarks don't indicate that you did.

C838C8D7-1A64-46F3-8445-BFCECC06F59E.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

21 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Help for what? The claim was made that I "never" back up my assertions. Also, that I wander from the truth. Then, like manna from heaven, up pops that old thread from the recruiting forum to save me from doing searches. That's the thread in which I tell the truth and back it up while the guy who exaggerated did nothing but crawfish and never manned up and admitted he was wrong.

Yet, I need help? I understand that you want to stick up for your runnin' buddies. Personally, I wouldn't go that far, but it's the intrawebs so people can choose to see or ignore or misinterpret what they please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Help for what? The claim was made that I "never" back up my assertions. Also, that I wander from the truth. Then, like manna from heaven, up pops that old thread from the recruiting forum to save me from doing searches. That's the thread in which I tell the truth and back it up while the guy who exaggerated did nothing but crawfish and never manned up and admitted he was wrong.

Yet, I need help? I understand that you want to stick up for your runnin' buddies. Personally, I wouldn't go that far, but it's the intrawebs so people can choose to see or ignore or misinterpret what they please.

1-2, yet 3!!! You choose to die on that hill, a one point difference, not the fact that our rivals recruiting 5-7 a year during that span. There's a reason we were doubled in OL recruiting by our rivals, and those numbers are out there. You pick the weirdest hills to die on and to be completely fair, and not trying to be disrespectful, just honest, but your self awareness of baffling 

• Like 1

This is so stupid. This all started because Mikey said insiders were pissed that they were cutoff by Gus.  I simply asked which insiders and he refused to answer and has masterfully deflected to this new subject to avoid continued embarrassment and exposure to his asinine and transparent tactics.

Now, we are three pages past talking about his ridiculous opinion about OL from 3 years ago. But, since he wants to call me a liar, let's count.

2016:

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Season/2016-Football/Commits/

Sammons 

Hamm 

Manning 

2017:

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Season/2017-Football/Commits/

Ashley 

Brahms 

Troxell

2018:

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Season/2018-Football/Commits/

Irvin 

Stutts 

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Season/2019-Football/Commits/

Jones 

Osborne 

Bell 

11 OL over 4 years = 2.75  

I did not include Alec Jackson. He was signed and was intended to play D. Only OT desperation lead to his move. I also didn't include Bill Taylor, because, well, that's stupid.

Also by 2019, when the post Mikey is referring to was made, everyone knew Sammons was never going to play, wanted to quit, and had been talked into returning twice and Ashley was leaving.

Looking back, only 7 HS OL remain from those 4 classes. 

2016: 2

2017: 2

2018: 2

2019: 1

7 over 4 = 1.75

If you add Jackson, who was moved in 2019 because we had no depth at tackle, that's still only 8 over 4 years. 8/4= 2

So yes, I said we signed an avg of 1-2 OL over the span of '16-'19 classes. It looks like I was wrong and we actually signed an avg of 2-3 OL over that span. However, looking at it with knowledge and understanding, it's actually 1.75-2 that we signed in those classes. 

I'm embarrassed for my obvious and deliberate manipulation of the facts. So sorry.

BTW, Mikey claims we signed 5 OL in 2017. Can you list them?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Why do you guys keep bringing up OL recruiting! Keep this depressing crap in the recruiting forum where it belongs 😭

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

It looks like I was wrong

Bird, can you confirm that you did not die immediately after typing these words? It might encourage others to not to go on humiliating themselves and begging to be mocked and derided. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Why do you guys keep bringing up OL recruiting! Keep this depressing crap in the recruiting forum where it belongs 😭

Exactly! Why would anyone bring this up in this thread? 

I'd love someone else to ask which insiders lost out on information from Gus cutting them off. Maybe Mikey might answer them...maybe

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Bird, can you confirm that you did not die immediately after typing these words? 

Only from laughter

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, bigbird said:

which insiders lost out on information from Gus cutting them off.

Well I did for one................numnuts 

24 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Exactly! Why would anyone bring this up in this thread? 

I'd love someone else to ask which insiders lost out on information from Gus cutting them off. Maybe Mikey might answer them...maybe

Well, Mikey didn't like the information that came out during Gus's tenure; therefore it must have been bad, inaccurate, and even imagined. 

It must be nice to be capable of actually believing whatever you want. A superpower, really, even if it doesn't do anyone a damned bit of good except of course for the delusional possessor of said power.

20 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Man Gus sure lives in your heads....

Bo's the greatest QB ever...

• Haha 3

Okay, @bigbird, in fairness to @Mikey and to my main man Bill "The Tool Man Taylor", I think we can all agree that Bill added legitimate depth to every position group on the field. We all know he could have played offensive tackle, just like he could have played QB, CB, or even kicker. That kind of athletic prowess only comes around once in a blue moon. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

31 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Okay, @bigbird, in fairness to @Mikey and to my main man Bill "The Tool Man Taylor", I think we can all agree that Bill added legitimate depth to every position group on the field. We all know he could have played offensive tackle, just like he could have played QB, CB, or even kicker. That kind of athletic prowess only comes around once in a blue moon. 

Wait, are you saying Taylor is related to Wade Christopher?!?

• Love 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

No No No Thank You GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Bo's the greatest QB ever...

Nope that title belongs to Jeremy Johnson! 😀

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Damn straight hell I think he could be better in baseball than Beirut

Man, I loved that movie. Funny as hell…

• Love 1

This thread definitely needs a new title. Maybe "The Family Dump." So now let's a  contest for the new name.

• Dislike 2