Allen Greene needs to step up concerning vaccinations

Eagle Eye 7

1 minute ago, eagle12 said:

Go have doubts about your president letting all kinds of unvaccinated people come across the border exposing everyone to!

About half this country has such an inane thought process about covid as you do, but we're going to blame a ridiculously small portion of people for the new strain ravaging this country. YOUR president was hosting intentionally maskless rallies that resulted in damn near everyone there catching covid, even killing individuals like Herman Cain...what did that have to do with immigrants? At what point do you take self accountability for your actions? 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

You say this but at the same breathe you say we should save people from themselves. You ever dealt with a chaptered patient? We are trying to help people save themselves by giving them the information needed and advocating for vaccination. Do you want us to start chaptering people to get vaccinated?

If we as a society have the ability to save people from themselves then yes, I am an advocate of that. That’s all I am saying. I personally do not work in the medical field nor am I making life and death decisions for folks, but my wife works at a fairly large hospital and as such I am not totally ignorant of the situation to say the least. The long hours she has to work and incredible stress she is under is not lost on me. When she says it’s time to let the unvaccinated die at in the parking lot I’ll believe it, until then I’ll continue to advocate everyone get vaccinated while believing we should help those who don’t. 

1 minute ago, japantiger said:

Hhhmmm, healthcare might be a bad career choice for you.

Hhhmm see my post below yours. Thanks for the advice though genius. 

Edited by NoALtiger

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am not demonizing a single person. If you don't want to get vaccinated, don't do it. If you are at risk of heart disease and you choose not to exercise, not to eat the right things, then go for it. If you have been told, you really should cut down on cigarette smoking and you don't do it, then that is fine. But once it gets to a point of tertiary prevention, DO NOT GET MAD AT THE HEALTHCARE PROVIDER. You got people who have absolutely been educated and have the resources, who choose not to do it, get admitted repeatedly then have the audacity to be downright disgusting to staff. Not only that, they are taking beds from other people who might be more receptive to teaching or treatment. This is where the frustration lies with me and I believe many healthcare providers.

Now I am a black healthcare provider. In fact, I am one of the singular black psych NPs in the Milwaukee metro area. We can get into race, SES, cultural impact discussion. But the don't close that door if you open that pandora box.

That sucks, I'm sorry you guys are dealing with that. I haven't heard much of anyone having beef with the medical field. Big Pharma and Gov. Mouthpieces, for sure. But idk why anybody would be mad at Healthcare providers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eagle12 said:

Go have doubts about your president letting all kinds of unvaccinated people come across the border exposing everyone to!

He's your president too. 

And this surge was caused by the large numbers of unvaccinnated persons in our country, not immigration, legal or unlegal.

And ironically enough, the (vaccinated) previous president is a major factor in promoting vaccine resistance, both by action and non-action. And I bet Trump gets his booster on time too.  He doesn't really give a s*** for his supporters - they are just useful idiots to him.  It's always about his personal benefit.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Here's a list of other willfull acts that result in people getting ICU beds today; do you think they should be refused treatment given that they made decisions that resulted in their condition?

AIDS patient

Obese diabetic

Obese heart patient with blocked arteries

Failed suicide patient

Teenage speeding and driving recklessly in a motor vehicle accident

Failed suicide patient is usually chaptered. They don't get a choice in the matter 9/10 times and they usually aren't happy about that. Would you like to get chaptered?

AIDS patient: Are they taking their medications? Why are they in the ICU? If they aren't on their death bed that patient probably would be triaged to intermediate care (Yes I have seen that happen).

Obese Diabetic patient? Why are they here? If they refuse something like an insulin, you will be D/Cd out. Yes! This can happen.

Obese Heart patient with blocked arteries? Are they on their death bed? I worked in CVICU. This would be an elective surgery. You know who gets priority in elective surgeries ? It is not the person with the higher risk. It is the person with the higher risk of succeeding. So there are checks and balances to the examples you put out there. Right now for COVID, THERE IS NOT.

Last guy, I have to legally treat like all patients, now once we stabilize him and get him out, he is probably going to jail and rightfully so for putting other at harm (hmmmm)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

Hhhmm see my post below yours. Thanks for the advice though genius. 

Meant this for McLoofus' hypothetical who you responded to.  I inadvertantly responded to your post and not his.  

2 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

If we as a society have the ability to save people from themselves then yes, I am an advocate of that.

And that is what we are doing but at the same time, you also need to advocate for the healthcare workers putting it on the line, dealing with people who seemingly aren't appreciative at all. We've been advocating and actually doing the work.

1 minute ago, japantiger said:

Meant this for McLoofus' hypothetical who you responded to.  I inadvertantly responded to your post and not his.  

My apologies then, sorry. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Failed suicide patient is usually chaptered. They don't get a choice in the matter 9/10 times and they usually aren't happy about that. Would you like to get chaptered?

AIDS patient: Are they taking their medications? Why are they in the ICU? If they aren't on their death bed that patient probably would be triaged to intermediate care (Yes I have seen that happen).

Obese Diabetic patient? Why are they here? If they refuse something like an insulin, you will be D/Cd out. Yes! This can happen.

Obese Heart patient with blocked arteries? Are they on their death bed? I worked in CVICU. This would be an elective surgery. You know who gets priority in elective surgeries ? It is not the person with the higher risk. It is the person with the higher risk of succeeding. So there are checks and balances to the examples you put out there. Right now for COVID, THERE IS NOT.

Last guy, I have to legally treat like all patients, now once we stabilize him and get him out, he is probably going to jail and rightfully so for putting other at harm (hmmmm)

All are their because they made repeated bad choices.  AIDS patients had unprotected sex against all medical recommendations, Obese diabetic made a bad choice against all medical recommendations, by consistently overeating and getting fat, etc....So you only want to submit Unvaxed Covid patients to the DAG Death Panel?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

If we as a society have the ability to save people from themselves then yes, I am an advocate of that. That’s all I am saying. 

The greatest evils in the history of mankind have been committed out of this motivation.

Each individual deserves the dignity and right to live as they see fit, because the reality is we are all fallible people with different value systems. To think there are elevated, superior humans of enlightened minds that must save the lessers from themselves is both terrifying and hilarious.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

20 hours ago, wcware said:

Sure he did before the election. He said he would be hesitant to take any vaccine put out by trump. Like trump was in a white lab coat cooking vaccines in a bathtub 

It's perfectly rational to reject the medical advice of someone like Trump before the experts have weighed in.  I mean, how ignorant is a man who asks why we can't use disinfectants internally? 

You seriously area going to take his advice prior to FDA approval?

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

20 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

That sucks, I'm sorry you guys are dealing with that. I haven't heard much of anyone having beef with the medical field. Big Pharma and Gov. Mouthpieces, for sure. But idk why anybody would be mad at Healthcare providers. 

Come work at hospitals my guy.LOL people get mad at you if you don't let them walk out the door to smoke . No you can't leave the ICU to smoke after you just got diagnosed with COVID.  "Find I want to sign myself out then."

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Do you really believe that our HC is the reason 60 of the 120 kids on the team aren't vaccinated? These are young men making their own decisions. For better or worse, it's on them. He isn't their king or their Dad. He is a football coach. I wouldn't make any personal medical decision based on the advice of a coach.

Yes. Did you see the SEC Media Days.... Sabin explained to his kids that its important to the success of the team. If you are a part of this team, you will do your job.. yada yada... Harsin, no comment. and now out with covid. so its not important to him or else the numbers would be up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, eagle12 said:

Maybe y’all sick minded people that think like this can get Hitler to help decide who dies! This is a fact everyone is going to die .

No need for Hitler to decide. The dumb dumbs are going to decide for us. Problem is they’re going to drag innocents down with them. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, japantiger said:

All are their because they made repeated bad choices.  AIDS patients had unprotected sex against all medical recommendations, Obese diabetic made a bad choice against all medical recommendations, by consistently overeating and getting fat, etc....So you only want to submit Unvaxed Covid patients to the DAG Death Panel?

Yes and they don't have to receive the ICU bed, did you not get that. The diabetic person you talked about may never touch an ICU bed even though they may need it because their history shows they aren't adherent. DO YOU NOT GET THAT? Some of you guys have no clue, how healthcare decisions work. Do you think everyone who makes a bad decision gets an ICU bed or goes to inpatient in the mental health system? NO! And guess what, since the resources are lacking there is even less opportunity to do so. AND FURTHER, PEOPLE WHO ARENT' VACCINATED ARE TAKING AWAY BEDS FROM PEOPLE WHO HAVE DONE ALL THE RIGHT THINGS AND NEED ELECTIVE SURGERY. Or the person who might've been an a terrible accident and they can't get to a magnet hospital so now they have to get flight for life to another small ass hospital with minimal resources to stabilize them. Quite frankly the examples you put out there rarely get to the ICU because they are stabilized in intermediate care. However, there quite a few unvaccinated people who are getting to the ICU and it is very much preventable. Do you not get that?  Can an obese person put their elderly neighbor at risk for being obese?

Edited by DAG
  • Like 4

Just now, Randman5000 said:

Yes. Did you see the SEC Media Days.... Sabin explained to his kids that its important to the success of the team. If you are a part of this team, you will do your job.. yada yada... Harsin, no comment. and now out with covid. so its not important to him or else the numbers would be up. 

I commented on this earlier. This is a totally false POV and a joke. Saban has nothing to do with his team's vax rate. In fact, they are almost identical to Harsin's.

Saban: "First of all, you have a personal decision, which comes down to risk — risk of COVID, relative risk to the vaccine. It's the same thing. We don't really have a lot of knowledge about how this stuff is going to affect people in the future, so that's a personal decision that everybody has the right to make."

UAT is fun vaxxed because those kids are all 5 stars who truly believe they are going to the NFL - which has mandated vaccines. They just want to be as draftable and employable as possible. Stop glorifying Saban on this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

And that is what we are doing but at the same time, you also need to advocate for the healthcare workers putting it on the line, dealing with people who seemingly aren't appreciative at all. We've been advocating and actually doing the work.

Ha I’m married to a nurse, there’s no one I advocate more than healthcare pros. Like I said before, I agree with you on almost everything with the exception of treating vax patients over unvaccinated. Surely there’s a way to avoid letting people die in parking lots simply because they are too numbskulled to do something themselves that’s all.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

It's perfectly rational to reject the medical advice of someone like Trump before the experts have weighed in.  I mean, how ignorant is a man who asks why we can't use disinfectants internally? 

Some of you guys are so hypocritical it's gross. 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Ha I’m married to a nurse, there’s no one I advocate more than healthcare pros. Like I said before, I agree with you on almost everything with the exception of treating vax patients over unvaccinated. Surely there’s a way to avoid letting people die in parking lots simply because they are too numbskulled to do something themselves that’s all.  

Now you seem like a smart guy. What is the best way to do that?

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

O hold my drink someone! He seriously said that as a smart ass response to a smart ass reporter ! Now Biden said he actually drove a 18 wheeler truck ? he can hardly tell a cab driver where to drive him! 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Now you seem like a smart guy. What is the best way to do that?

I’m sorry I know this is a serious thread and all but this has to be nominated for post of the day. Perfect timing and a perfect response sir! I hope it’s not lost on folks. 

Still waiting to understand how some of you assess risk in life.  Why all the histrionics over something that represents 1% of all deaths in the under 30 age cohort.  

There have been a total of 2991 deaths in the US for people under aged 30 from Covid per the CDC (table attached).  That is .004 of total "Covid"  deaths.  There has been 153.4k total deaths in that age population during the same period.  Covid represents 1% of total deaths in this age cohort.  Suicide, AIDS, Car accidents etc., all represent much higher % of total deaths in this age range.  Based on your logic, we should outlaw sex and driving among everyone under 30. 

The risk profile of some of you guys is shocking.  Especially the younger ones on this forum.  When did we become a timid people...

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm#SexAndAge

• Like 2