What's the approach now?

AUght2win

44 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Nobody should be surprised. I think recruits understand it if you lose to a more talented team. When you have better players but lose to a team with inferior talent (MSU, USCe) it causes them to wonder if AU is going anywhere but down.

Meh. I agree with your logic, but we couldn't get any momentum when we were looking really good and national pundits were openly calling for Harsin to get consideration for COY. It's a bad combo of the SE boys on staff not pulling their weight, the potato gang having no connections, and the fact that we have been trending down for a minute. Not like the class was looking great last year before we canned Gus. We only got Jarquez because Will Friend is from his hometown and told Harsin to watch his tape

Edited by au302
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Nobody should be surprised. I think recruits understand it if you lose to a more talented team. When you have better players but lose to a team with inferior talent (MSU, USCe) it causes them to wonder if AU is going anywhere but down.

Mikey,

What happened to you. When everybody else had basically quit on Gus you supported him and you stated while he is the Auburn coach I am going to support him. I disagreed with you but thought that was very honorable. Now we have a new coach who was brought into a very tough situation and you are one of his worst critics. Where is the Mikey who says he is the Auburn coach so I am going to support him.

Please don't say that you support him because he is the Auburn coach because your posts have been the opposite of support.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Mikey,

What happened to you. When everybody else had basically quit on Gus you supported him and you stated while he is the Auburn coach I am going to support him. I disagreed with you but thought that was very honorable. Now we have a new coach who was brought into a very tough situation and you are one of his worst critics. Where is the Mikey who says he is the Auburn coach so I am going to support him.

Please don't say that you support him because he is the Auburn coach because your posts have been the opposite of support.

I do support Harsin. I also think when you lose to teams that have inferior talent to yours, recruiting is a tough sell. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

I actually think MSU has more talent than AU at most positions other than RB and safety. Usc- not so much. Dreadful loss, just like last year. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I actually think MSU has more talent than AU at most positions other than RB and safety. Usc- not so much. Dreadful loss, just like last year. 

Somebody who knows how to find such stuff posted in one of the threads here that AU's talent, based on prior recruiting classes, ranks #14 in the nation right now, which is well above MSU. I don't know where that came from or how valid it is, but it's rather common knowledge that we have ranked higher in recruiting rankings than MSU over the past five years.

Well this is the last big weekend. I think we have several prospects coming and by golly we need to take a vantage of it.

Hopefully we can sell playing time because there is plenty of it! 

On 11/22/2021 at 10:26 AM, Mikey said:

I do support Harsin. I also think when you lose to teams that have inferior talent to yours, recruiting is a tough sell. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

It depends on how it is shared. If you do not indicate that you still support the existing coach most assume you don’t if your post has a negative message.

I just wish there was a way to get ahold of Jimmy Rane and Raymond Harbert to start throwing their money at the Jimmy's and Joe's if they want their fingers in the football program. We already spend less on recruiting relative to our competition and that only includes what's out in the open...

NIL has blown the doors wide open to competing with the Alabama's and Georgia's of the recruiting world. If our support base would just get serious and get with the times rather than trying to hire the next Pat Dye, we will finally get places. 

On 11/10/2021 at 4:52 PM, Tigerpro2a said:

Very well said. We need to calm down. This was to be expected to a certain level. Let him finish out the class and let's see where we stack and then we know what we need to go after in the portal...then start cranking for that beast 23 class.

It seems the PTB at Auburn spend too much time putting out fires than preventing them

On 11/10/2021 at 4:59 PM, Gowebb11 said:

If I’ve learned nothing else about Harsin, it’s this: he’s ultra competitive in everything he does. And he doesn’t seem interested in his staff being any different. I know we are not where we want to be now, but I am confident this staff will close like fiends. I look forward to seeing that the next few weeks. 

I sure hope you're right.

12 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Very good to hear.

If I'm a defensive recruit I want to play for Mason.

If I'm an offensive recruit I'm thinking even a dead raccoon could start week 1. So.... probably get some recruits?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shabby said:

If I'm a defensive recruit I want to play for Mason.

If I'm an offensive recruit I'm thinking even a dead raccoon could start week 1. So.... probably get some recruits?

Eason too.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2021 at 6:08 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

I've offered to buy a couple of McDonald's meals to some of the top recruit's Twitter accounts if they sign with Auburn. 

Results remain to be seen. 

McDonald’s meal versus a new Dodge Charger. Let’s see who wins.

Random, unoriginal thought that I'll just stick here: Our offense, problematic OC-killer that it was, showed every recruit we talk to something important that they need to see.

RB1 and RB2 get fed. TEs get fed. WRs run every route in the book and get fed. OLs play normal football that will prepare them for the NFL. Not sure what QBs saw but if they're really paying attention they saw Bo Nix put himself on the NFL radar about midway through the season and look quite different than he had at any point in his career. There would be serious draft talk right now if he'd stayed healthy and continued that trajectory through the end of the season. There's a little bit of it, anyway.

We still need to show some things. We've got to get some guys drafted. We need Tank to get some prime time NFL carries, etc. But I think we did a LOT this season to answer questions about what Bryan Harsin's offense can do for an offensive player's NFL chances. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2